You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning Yoseob opened his eyes to see Doojoon scrolling on his phone with his right arm, while his left one was wrapped around the younger. It made Yoseob feel warm all around his body and a smile crept up to his lips.

"What are you smiling at?" Doojoon asked, putting his phone away and scooping Yoseob in to his embrace. This made Yoseob smile even wider and he wrapped his arms around the older.

"Nothing," he then mumbled, taking in the older's scent. Doojoon smiled too, placing a quick kiss on Yoseob's forehead.

"Did you sleep well?"

Yoseob nodded, taking a deep, relaxing breath.

"Do you know what's scary?" the brown haired boy then asked, closing his eyes and not letting go of the other.

The question took Doojoon by surprise and honestly he felt a little scared himself, when he heard the younger say those words. After all that had happened, it was only reasonable.

But Yoseob's voice wasn't exactly sad or anything, just strange.

"What?"

"That I can actually see myself doing this every morning for the rest of my life," Yoseob spoke more quietly than before, but Doojoon could still hear him in the silent room.

The words made Doojoon smile again, all worries flying out the window.

"Me too. Yeah, definitely," the older nodded more to himself as he spoke. 

It had never really occured to him that Yoseob had been thinking this way. Even though they had been together almost for two years, future was never really discussed. Doojoon's not sure whether it's because of the fact that they're both guys and everyone knows that getting married to an another male isn't exactly possible in Korea or because it was just too early for that. 

Either way, it made him feel really happy.

"You could? I mean, even though there's all these things going on?" Yoseob lifted his head and met the other's eyes. Doojoon nodded, giving Yoseob a sincere smile.

"Yeah. It's hard now, and we'll probably have to do a lot of compromises, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. If we stay together." 

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Yoseob answered, pressing his face against the older's chest again. 

It made him happy that Doojoon was willing to work for their relationship, even though times weren't exactly the easiest right now. He also wanted to work for their relationship, but first he'd need to work with himself.

"What are we going to do though?" the younger then sighed, tightening his hold on Doojoon.

The raven haired boy mimicked his action, letting out a deep sigh of his own. He had been thinking about it, he honestly had. But for now, it seemed a little hopeless. Doojoon knew his father wouldn't approve of them, not in a million years. He also knew that Yoseob wasn't safe if he'd tell his parents that they're together again.

"I don't know. Gayoon promised to help us, if she just could. She said she wouldn't blow our cover, so we've got the time. At least for couple of months before the bloody wedding," Doojoon let out a frustrated sound, which made Yoseob chuckle silently.

"What? What's funny now?" Doojoon asked in slight confusion.

"I don't know. At one point I just thought that you actually wanted to marry her and now it just seems to be such a burden. It's not funny, really, but this is just insane. Everything's that happened. We've wasted so much time, you know," Yoseob's eyes were still closed and his face hidden in Doojoon's chest when he spoke, but Doojoon could hear the sadness in the other's voice.

"Hey. I was stupid and I'm sorry for that. But, back then when we started school after the summer, I just thought that it'd be easier for both of us to keep away from each other if I'd be mean. I just guess I didn't think you could be just as mean to me, as I was to you," Doojoon admitted quietly. 

This however made Yoseob lift his gaze.

"So.. You never actually thought that way about me? I mean, you didn't despise me?" 

Doojoon hastily shook his head.

"Of course not. You're my angel, Seobie. I would never hate you, ever," Doojoon pecked the other's forehead and gave him a comforting smile. 

"Me either, to be honest. I tried, really. I tried so hard to hate you and Gayoon, but I never could. I built this wall around me, to keep myself from getting hurt, but then you just came near me and suddenly I couldn't breath the same way anymore and every single feeling came rushing back, and gosh, it was really difficult to be emotionless. You kept me rooted to the ground, even though you made living hard too," Yoseob let out a rant in one breath. 

Doojoon blinked twice, opening and closing his mouth. This was the most Yoseob had ever told him about that period of time. The most of Yoseob's feelings he had heard in half a year.

"I'm happy. That you couldn't isolate yourself completely. I'm sad that it was hard though. But you know, it was kinda same for me too. When I saw you changing and how the shining in your eyes disappeared, it pained me. And, and I wanted to be near you, no matter what. I wanted to hug you so badly but I was afraid I'd hurt you even more, so I'm sorry about everything," this time Doojoon pulled Yoseob, whose eyes were getting more wet by the minute, closer and pressed a deep kiss on his lips.

Through that kiss, the boys could feel each other's feelings crystal clear. There was no doubt whether it was real or not, whether it had been just as hard for both of them. It was simple, though nothing else was.

"Thank you, that means so much to me, Doojoonie," Yoseob whispered against the older's lips, kissing him briefly once more.

"We're going to make it work. I promise," Doojoon said before detaching himself from Yoseob. This earned him a pout from the younger, but he just laughed it off.

"We have to get up. We have school. I mean, I have. Are you coming or do you want to take the day off? I think they granted you a few days," Doojoon already got up, searching for a towel that he could use after showering.

"I don't know," Yoseob admitted rolling on to his back, watching as the older went through his closets, "in the back, the towels. I think I'll call the psychologist today."

Doojoon grabbed a towel and walked to Yoseob. He bent down and kissed the younger once more.

"Good. I think you should talk to him."

Yoseob hummed in response, then asking for another kiss. Doojoon granted his wish, smiling widely.

"I have to go to school though. You'll be okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. I'll just call you if I need something, neh?" Yoseob smiled a bit and Doojoon nodded. 

"Sounds good, sunshine."

For one second it was completely silent, as Yoseob just blinked, with his eyebrows raised up.

"What?" Yoseob was about to burst out laughing when he heard the older's new nickname for him. Sure, Doojoon had dozens of nicknames for him: Seobie, angel, baby, even sweetie, but sunshine? 

"What? It's cute! And totally describes you," Doojoon said with a small smirk on his face. Yoseob only shook his head, shooing the other away.

"Go take the shower, you'll be late for sure."

"I already am. Oh, could you take the Spring Show project to the theater arts teacher today? It's completed so it'll be easier if we get rid of it," Doojoon then asked, almost out of the door already. 

"Sure, I'll do that," Yoseob answered, smiling.

"Thank you, sunshine," Doojoon laughed before walking out of the room.

Yoseob bursted out laughing.

****

After Doojoon had left for school, Yoseob had done his morning routines and taken the project to their teacher. The teacher seemed happy with their work and told Yoseob that she'll pick their grades up (math for Yoseob and literature for Doojoon) at least by a number.

She also said that if the boys would do good job at the actual show, managing the actors, then she might consider giving them even more extra credit. Something Yoseob appreciated a lot.

After seeing his teacher, Yoseob had made the call to the psychologist, Joonyoung, and he promised to see Yoseob over a lunch, because he had no idea when he would have time for a real appointment.

Yoseob was only glad that the meeting could be done so quickly, otherwise he might chicken out.

So this brings him here, sitting in a lunch cafe with the said psychilogist.

"I'm glad you could meet me on such a short notice," Yoseob said while taking his coat off. 

Joonyoung smiled at him and shook his head.

"It's fine really. I like you, you seem to want to get better, so I'm happy to help," the doctor explained while asking the waiter to come over. They ordered some food and waited for their drinks and meals to arrive, making some chit chat, before actually getting to the point.

"So, how've you been?" Joonyoung asked, taking a bite of his fried salmon, giving a glance to Yoseob.

"I've been alright. I mean, I've spent time with my friends and sorted some things out with them. But I still feel like my thoughts are a mess, you know," the younger admitted, looking down on his lap.

"It's alright, it will take some time. Besides, the fact that you called me, is already a good sign. You want to talk, that's good," Joonyoung assured with a small smile on his face. It made Yoseob feel a little bit more at ease, even though the situation was still bizarre.

"How about that guy you like? How's the distance thing going?" Joonyoung's question made Yoseob blush furiously and then cough silently. Joonyoung raised his eyebrows, letting a small grin form on his lips.

"That well, huh?"

Yoseob gave the older a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry, I just-- I've missed him so bad and he's there for me."

Joonyoung swallowed his food, shaking his head, before answering:

"You don't have to apologize. It was just a suggestion. If he doesn't confuse your mind or anything, it shouldn't be a problem."

Yoseob furrowed his brows, thinking about the past couple of days. He didn't feel like Doojoon had done anything to confuse him, but then again, he couldn't be sure. The older seemed to be all he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter