You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: READ THE NOTE BELOW AFTER, PLEASE!  

The sun rays flooding in from the gap between the curtains made Yoseob stir in his sleep. He felt really comfortable and didn't want to open his eyes, even though he was unable to fall back asleep.

He could feel someone's chest rising under his head and he felt warmness from the other body. Yoseob was well aware who it was and how close they were.

But he wasn't ready to move away yet. Even though he should.

Slowly Yoseob made himself open his eyes and it took a minute for him to get used to the lightness of the room. Then he turned to look at the sleeping figure.

Much to his surprise, Doojoon's eyes were open and a small smile was playing on his lips.

"What?" Yoseob mumbled, maybe blushing a bit.

"Nothing." Doojoon shook his head, still smiling. Yoseob huffed and muttered to himself.

"Did you sleep well?" The older spoke again and Yoseob nodded, still laying on Doojoon's chest. His hand was draped around Doojoon's waist and Doojoon's hand was slightly Yoseob's back.

It reminded Yoseob of their mornings spent together. And he knew he should be running for the hills and never look back because he was indeed throwing himself to the wolves right now.

All the hard work to surpress all his feelings and not to show Doojoon that he cared for the older gone to waste. Because here he was - laying on his chest and listening to his calming heart beat.

"Do you want to go see your dad today?" Doojoon tilted his head a little. Yoseob sighed deeply.

"I really don't know. We should go to school you know. It's Friday and we already skipped school yesterday. What time is it anyway?" the boy frowned as he spoke.

Doojoon took his phone from the night stand and noticed it was only little past eight in the morning.

"I know, but we could go after? It's eight, so we'll only be skipping the first period this time."

Yoseob placed his chin on Doojoon's chest as he looked in to the older's eyes.

"Do you think I should go?" he asked searching for some kind of encouragement in Doojoon's eyes. And Doojoon knew it. He knew that Yoseob was afraid to see his dad, weak and vulnerable, but it would be good for Yoseob.

The boy had been so emotionless and cold that it would be really difficult to suddenly be placed in a tough situation. Yoseob was maybe giving in slowly, but there was definitely a huge possibility for him to just shut everything out again,

"Yes. I think your father would like that. And you want to see him, don't you?"

It was more of a reflex when Doojoon's hand found its way to Yoseob's hair and he gently it. Yoseob tensed a bit as he felt the older's touch and his face showed some sort of a surprise, but he composed himself quickly and leaned in to the touch.

This made Doojoon smile.

"Yes I do. So alright. But you're coming with me, right?" Yoseob had closed his eyes and was still leaning in to the touch as Doojoon hummed a bit as a response.

"We should get up and get ready for the classes." he then said quietly, not really wanting to get up at all.

This was the closest he had been to Yoseob in over than a half year. In all of the meanings of that phrase; emotionally and physically.

He feared to let the boy out of his sight, as if he would just lose all they had now if he did. Doojoon knew he needed to tell Yoseob about Gayoon and everything, but Yoseob was just opening up and with this thing with his father, he couldn't risk it all now.

"I don't wanna." Yoseob said pouting ever so slightly. Doojoon chuckled a bit and ruffled the younger's hair. "Me either but we really have to."

Yoseob sighed but unwrapped his hand from around Doojoon and streched. Doojoon too lifted himself to sit up straight. "Is it okay if I take shower first?" the smaller asked and Doojoon nodded.

"Great. Thanks. For this." Yoseob smiled and when he said those words, Doojoon knew what he was talking about. And it did hurt him a little, just how much he could destroy that boy.

"It's nothing." he replied, smiling too.

****

The two boys walked side by side in the halls of their school. First period was just about to end and it was the moment before the halls would be flooding with people.

But for now it was rather quiet.

It was silent between both of them too but it was comfortable. 

It seems like almost all of the barriers between the two had broken down and it was easy for them to be with each other. 

Yoseob wasn't sure if it was because of the night he had spent in Doojoon's bed or just because he was so tired of being all alone. 

And Doojoon just was there.

The bell rang signaling the class' end. 

"We should step aside, it's gonna be full soon." Doojoon said, pulling Yoseob by the hand as they walked a bit faster to get out of the main hall. 

Soon other students were running out of their classrooms laughing and joking around. Yoseob pressed a little bit closer to Doojoon's side as he was almost stomped over.

Doojoon smiled to himself as they made their way forward. 

"Doojoon oppa!" a far too familiar girl's voice was heard. Doojoon grimaced a bit but hid it soon. Though he felt Yoseob stiffening a bit beside him.

"Hi, Gayoon." Doojoon scrachted his neck as he spoke. "Oh! Yoseob. How are you?" Gayoon asked with a sweet voice as Yoseob smiled - even though it was clearly forced. 

"Err, I'm alright. Thanks. How about you?" 

"I'm good. Though I missed my boyfriend." Gayoon said with a sing sang tone and Doojoon honestly just wanted to push her further away.

Sure Gayoon was a nice girl and sweet too, but not at all Doojoon's type. And he couldn't blame her for being oblivious since she didn't even know that Yoseob was Doojoon's ex.

It was a pure miracle that she hadn't heard about it from anywhere, since Doojoon was quite popular. 

"You know, I should go. Yeah. Umm, see you later." Yoseob was just about step away from Doojoon when the older grabbed his wrist. 

"Wait. I'm coming with you, I'll walk you to class. Gayoon, I'll see you later." Doojoon spoke with determination. Yoseob couldn't escape his hold and he really didn't even want to.

"But.. Could we hang out today or..?" Gayoon seemed confused due to the fact that her boyfriend was basically already walking out on her.

"No. I don't think I can see you in a while, I've got really important things to do. I'm sorry. I'll text you when I have free time." Doojoon actually PATTED the girl's shoulder before pulling Yoseob away from her.

Yoseob's eyes were widened when Doojoon asked him what was wrong.

"Did you seriously just.. pat your fiancee?" 

Doojoon had a blank expression on his face as he replied.

"Did I?" 

Yoseob nodded slowly and when their eyes met, they just bursted out laughing. 

"You know. You're a lot more cooler than I remembered." Yoseob had a grin on his face and Doojoon loved to see it. 

"I know. How could you forget?" he nudged the shorter one a bit and earned a wider grin from Yoseob.

They reached Yoseob's class and the younger was just about walking inside when he turned around once more and said:

"I really missed you." 

And this time Doojoon heard it loud and clear.

****

Later that day Yoseob was sitting in Doojoon's dorm room with Hyunseung and Kikwang, since the older had one more class.

"So. I don't want to push you or anything but do you want to tell us why are you living with Doojoon out of all people?" Hyunseung asked with a concerned voice.

Yoseob looked at the table for a while before saying anything.

He wasn't sure what should he say. Things had happened so fast, faster than he had even realised. He couldn't explain everything; not the fact that he had been cutting and life was still an every day battle for him. Not the fact that Doojoon had known and Yoseob had pushed him away.

What his friends knew, was that Yoseob couldn't stand being in the same room with the ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter