You better be happy

You better be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Doojoon had left the hospital - after Yoseob had forced him out of the door to go get some sleep, to be exact - the rest of Yoseob's friends still wanted to see him.

And to be honest, that terrified him the most. 

Now that him and Doojoon had cleared some things up and decided to try and make things right again, he wasn't worried about the older anymore.

Besides, Doojoon was aware of Yoseob's struggles while the rest had had no idea that it had been going on. So he owed them an explanation. 

It scared the out of him, because he knew, he knew he should've told the others too, when he went through those things. But he just tried to not burden them.

Yoseob sighed just as the door opened and in walked the four boys, all clearly tired and worried and maybe a tad pissed off.

But it was just for a split second, because right after Hyunseung and Kikwang saw the younger boy sitting on his bed, they rushed to him and captured him in to a huge hug.

"Don't you ever, never do that again!" it was Kikwang, with his now tear stained face sticking to Yoseob's chest. Hyunseung was lying on his legs, hanging on to them, as if Yoseob would just disappear if he didn't.

Dongwoon and Junhyung were both standing a bit further away, giving the younger some space to breathe. Not that it was very much possible.

Yoseob could feel the familiar lump in his throat, telling him that the tears weren't that far away. 

As he looked at his friends, two of them crying and muttering about Yoseob being a stupid little and two of them clearly dissapointed - wether they were disappointed in themselves or in Yoseob, Yoseob couldn't tell - but at the same time relieved, he just wondered how on earth did he manage to push them out of his life.

"I-I'm so sorry guys. I feel like a horrible person, I--" Yoseob shook his head, and he could feel the tears already falling down his cheeks.

"Honey, why didn't you tell us?" Hyunseung was now standing right next to Yoseob, holding his hand tightly. There was sorrow in the older's eyes, and it stung Yoseob so bad.

"I didn't want to burden you guys. You had your own lives and I was just so miserable, I didn't want to ruin it all for you too," Yoseob sobbed, not daring to look at his friends. 

But it felt good to let go of these feelings, it felt good to talk.

"No, Seob, you can't leave us out. We'll always be there for you. We'll get through these things together," Dongwoon was furrowing while he spoke, probably holding back tears.

"Yeah, just talk to us Yoseob," Kikwang said, still crying and clinging on to the other boy. 

And if Yoseob didn't feel bad before, now he did. Not only because of his friends' words, but because he was looking straight in to Junhyung's eyes.

The older was crying silently, not even blinking, not breaking the eye contact with Yoseob. And Yoseb saw nothing but pure sadness, self hate and a crushed hyung of his.

"I- I still remember when I first met you. And I remember thinking, that I need to protect you from everything bad in this world. You were so small, so fragile, and you had just moved in this big city and you were so, so lost. 

And I remember promising myself, that I'll keep Doojoon as far away from you as possible and I failed. I failed at every single thing. You're hurt and you're broken. I'm sorry Yoseob-ah, I'm so sorry," Junhyung's face was now all wet from those salty tears.

And Yoseob was crying openly too, wanting to tell the older that he had done nothing wrong. That he had been the best hyung for him and he is forever grateful for him, for taking him in.

But he was crying and he couldn't talk, so instead he motioned the older to come to him. 

Junhyung took few long steps and practically fell in the younger's arms. Kikwang and Hyunseung had to let go, but it was alright, because they knew that whatever had gone down during these months, they had made mistakes but Yoseob wasn't mad.

And they weren't mad at the younger either, because that's what friendship is all about.

"You have to tell us if something's wrong, okay? From now on you can't shut us out," Junhyung held on to Yoseob's hand tightly and the younger nodded.

"I promise."

"When are you being released?" Hyunseung asked, sitting on the bed next to Yoseob's legs.

"Tomorrow morning. I still have to talk to someone, a psychologist I'm pretty sure," Yoseob said while fiddling with his fingers.

His face was still wet with tears, but he wasn't the only one.

"We'll come pick you up," Dongwoon spoke, finally walking closer to his friend. Yoseob shook his head slowly, biting his lover lip.

"Umm, actually. Doojoonie is going to pick me up, so you guys shouldn't worry," the brown haired boy's voice was quiet when he spoke.

Yoseob was certain that the others had already heard about the burst out he had had at Doojoon's dorm. Junhyung had seen it after all.

"Bwo? Are you serious right now?" Junhyung furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms on his chest.

The younger only nodded, completely understanding the tone of his hyung's voice.

"Yoseob, he's one of the reasons you're here, isn't he? Why are you doing this to yourself?" Kikwang's face gave away the worry the other was feeling.

"I love him. And he won't hurt me. Well, he doesn't want to anyways," Yoseob met Junhyung's eyes, because he wanted to ask something from the older.

"Hyung, you knew right? You knew about Doojoonie's father? Why didn't you just tell me?" 

Junhyung seemed taken a back, as if he wouldn't believe that Doojoon had actually told Yoseob.

His facial expression softened as he scratched the back of his neck.

"If he told you all of it, you should know that there's no messing around with that man. I owe Dooojon, I've said it once before. I owe to his family to be exact. So when Doojoon looked me the way he did, begging me not to tell you, I just couldn't," the older sighed and searched for any sign of anger in the other's eyes.

"I'm not mad, I understand. Has he ever hurt you? Mr. Yoon I mean?" Yoseob tilted his head. He was worried and angered, because Doojoon had been hurt and he couldn't help him.

He wasn't sure if he could handle his other hyung getting hurt too.

"No. Mr. Yoon likes me, a lot. I'm pretty sure, that if my parents were rich and famous, I'd be the one to inherit the company, not Doojoon," Junhyung had a look of disgust on his face, while he spoke.

"Wait. How exactly do you owe to the Yoon family? And where are your parents? Now that you mention it, you've never really talked about them," Hyunseung seemed confused, but worried at the same time.

He walked to the other side of the bed and back hugged his boyfriend, to show him that he would be there, no matter what.

Junhyung took a deep breath, seeming to have a battle with himself.

"Well, my parents were both drug users and alcoholists. They also abused me when I was little. That was my life. Until I met Doojoon. I was in this park and he was there with his mother and they invited me over. I guess Mrs. Yoon saw the bruises, because she told me I wouldn't be going home that night. I was only six, so I didn't really understand what was going on.

I stayed with the Yoon's for a week and during that time me and Doojoon became really close. Doojoon's parents also grew to like me, Mr. Yoon especially wanted me to stay. After that week my father came to take me home. And I had to go.

It was no different from the other nights at home, he hit me and they both were drunk. The only difference was that I knew of a better life at that point, at Doojoon's house.

It wasn't long, maybe two or three days, until Doojoon and his father came to get me with few officers with them. And so I was taken in to the Yoon family. And I owe them my life, really. They would've killed me at some point if the Yoon's wouldn't have taken me under their custody." 

Junhyung wasn't crying, he wasn't shaking. He just, spoke with a blank voice, void of any emotion. 

And somehow they understood. Because he was saved from a bad home, just to be brought to another bad home. 

Sure it was good home for Junhyung, but for Doojoon, it was hell.

"Junnie, I never knew about this," the oder blonde was on the verge of tears, but it wasn't any wonder. This was exactly the same for Hyunseung as Doojoon's life to Yoseob.

"Ahh, don't worry guys. I'm alright, I got to live a nice youth there, a lot better than I would've had with my parents. You too Seung, you don't have to cry. My life's good. It's Doojoon I'm worried about," Junhyung turned to look at Yoseob who just sighed.

"We want to fix things. We haven't figured out how yet, but we're going to try. Not just for our sake, but for Gayoon's too. Apparently she has no idea of this being an arrangement between Mr. Heo and Doojoon's father."

"Wait. Doojoon's not wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter