CHAPTER 8- THE NEW IRENE

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 8- THE NEW IRENE

    "Good morning, Mom, Dad," I greeted my parents, as I went down the stairs of our house. I went to them and kissed them on the cheeks. "I'm leaving for the dentist today."

    "Oh, you're having your braces taken off today, right?" my Mom said.

    "Nae omma." Yes, I'll be taking them off after three years of having them. I kinda feel sad because I've already been attached to them. 

    "Why don't you get contact lenses, too, Irene?" my Dad suggested. "It'll be good to change a bit since you'll be taking your braces anyway."

    "I agree, ddariya. It's not bad to change once in a while." Mom agreed as she took her cup of coffee from the table.

    "Aniyo, contact lenses are uncomfortable. I'm okay with glasses. Anyway, I'll be having breakfast with the girls." Just in time, my cousins arrived and the house was suddenly noisy.

    "Joheunachimimnida, Imu! Samchon! Your three  lovely nieces are here!" The three announced.

    "Ow, its lovely to see you three. Take care on your way to the dentist okay?" My Dad said. He stood up to give me a hug. "May I borrow Seulgi for a while?"

    "Ah nae, Samchon." Seulgi followed my Dad to the house. We talked with Mom for a while as we waited for Seulgi.

    "Aigoo you are so loud. You are waking up my whole senses." I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

    "That's because we miss Imu (Aunt). Right Imu?"Joy did aegyo in front of my Mom. That earned her a knock in the head from Wendy and a laugh from my Mom.

    "Stop acting cute. My hair is standing from embarrassment." Joy sticked out her tongue at Wendy. "I'm cute. Right, Imu?" Joy faced my Mom again.

    "Nae, our maknae will always be the cutest to us." Joy hugged Mom. "Kamsahamnida!" Seulgi came out of the house with a big grin on her face. Just what did those two talk about?

    "We're done now. Let's go?" She walked to us and we bid goodbye to my parents. We got into Wendy's car and she drove us to my dentist. 

    "What did Dad and you talk about?" I asked her.

    "Huh? Nothing. Just something he wants me delivered to Dad." Seulgi kept grinning. I knew something was going on in that pretty head of hers. We had a quick breakfast and headed to my schedule with the dentist.

    The truth about Seulgi delivering something for my Dad was actually a lie. I found that out after my braces were taken off.

    "Omo, Eonnie! At last, your braces are gone! Come on, let's get you properly done." Seulgi dragged me to Wendy's car, the two following behind and giggling.
    
    "Yah, yah, yah! What's happening? Hey, what do you mean properly done?" I was confused. I just have to take my braces off, what's all this fuss about?

    "Don't worry Eonnie. Our Fashion Queen Seulgi will take care of you," Wendy said, her hands on the wheels.

    "Yah, I'm okay. Really, we don't have to do this," I was a bit frustrated. 

    "It was Samchon's suggestion Eonnie. That's why we talked a while ago. He wanted me to take charge of your over all make over." Seulgi can't really stop smiling.

    "Waeyo, Eonnie? You don't trust Seulgi-eonnie? " Joy was eyeing me.

    "It's not that." I tried to explain.

    "Then it's a closed deal!" exclaimed Joy.

    "But...."

    "No buts! We're on an operation! OPERATION: THE NEW IMPROVED BAE JOOHYUN!" announced Wendy, one hand on air. The three of them cheered. That's when I have to admit I lost to them. As always...


HYUNA'S POV

    I sat on the corner of the room, staring out the window. I felt lonely today because Jin was out of the country together with the boys for an MV shooting and shows. I was late to find out about it, the fact that lately, we haven't been in touch with one another. I don't even know which country they were to.

    This past few days also, Hwang Chansung was busy flirting with me. I was pissed off with the constant calls I get from him, but he was insistent. I may seem playful with Jin but I was loyal. We have been friends for a long time and I also love him.

    "Oh, Hyuna. It seems like your boyfriend is not here. Would you like to hang out with me?" Chansung sat beside me with a smirk on his face. I hated that.

    "Really, Chansung. How many times do I have to tell you I'm not interested." I said, turning my back to him.

    "Hmph, you'll regret it one day Hyuna. Who knows, your boyfriend might not be yours anymore. You might already be losing him little by little now," he said. "If that happens, don't worry, I won't even think twice of having you for myself." He took off after that, I frowned. No way, Jin is mine, I thought. I wanted to believe that, but why does it feel like what he said to me was true?

JIN'S POV

    I was in the plane to LA with the boys and as usual, we filmed a documentary of our trips. I was sitting next to Taehyung and J-Hope and Taehyung was so ecstatic about something.

    "Hyung, Jin hyung, I forgot to tell you something. Two days ago,  I was all worried about about my upcoming exam for Advanced Trigo. I don't know why we still have that but my head was about to crack. I asked for Irene-noona's help. Yah, hyung! You should not keep her all to yourself!" Taehyung ranted.

    "Yah! I'm not keeping her to myself!" I defended myself.

    Jungkook and Jimin stuck out there head from behind us. "Waeyo, hyung? Is she really what they call her, The Golden Daughter of Biology?" Jimin asked.

    "Not just biology. Goodness she's a genius. How can she solve those problems easily? Is that even possible? The way she teaches also, it's simple. I easily understood her. Not like someone there." Taehyung looked to Namjoon's direction.

    "Yah, I know you are talking about me!" Namjoon had his shades on, trying to sleep. Suga on the other had made gentle snores beside him. 

    "Do you think I can ask her to help me too, hyung?" Jungkook asked. "Oh, oh, I'll ask her to teach me too. Wow, Jin-hyung, you're so lucky to have her as your study buddy."

    We kept talking for a few moments. Moments later they fell asleep. J-hope who was sitting beside me spoke. "Hyung, it seems like you are getting closer to Irene. You have been spending less and less time with Hyuna, I noticed."

    "Uh, have I? I didn't really notice." I wrinkled my forehead at the thought. Now that I thought about it, these past weeks, I haven't been spending them with Hyuna. Most of them were with....

    "Irene-noona, you usually go out to meet her. Its not only me hyung. The others also notice it. Do you like her?" He was seriously asking me, I can differentiate the joking Hoseok from the serious one, although it rarely happens that he is serious.  This time is real. 

    "I like her...as a friend." I wasn't quite sure of what I said. I was asking myself why I got caught up in this conversation.

    "You are confused aren't you? I am also a man, Jin and a man in love at that. I have that feeling you also like Irene-noona and not just as a friend. You know very well I don't quite agree with you and Hyuna but I know very well that you have loved her since you were young, hyung. I know you can control her temper and behavior. But I have to warn you, take charge of your emotions. You don't want to hurt anyone of them." J-hope closed his eyes for a nap and I was there thinking deeply, getting more and more confused of my own feelings.

IRENE'S POV

    "Oh no. I don't need contact lenses. I'm completely fine with my eyeglasses." I was shaking my hands to the three.

    "Aniyo eonnie. You'll get used to it. Come on try it and you can't say no okay? Your Dad made me in charge." Seulgi handed me the lenses they ordered. I had no choice but do it. "Gwaenchanayo?" 

    I tested it and surprisingly enough, it was okay. It didn't hurt or felt uncomfortable. I can see properly, just enough for my eyes to handle. I nodded at them. "It doesn't feel uncomfortable."

    "Agassi, we'll get this." Joy went to the cashier to pay. I decided to go to the mirror to look at myself but Wendy grabbed my shoulders before I can even go to it. "Nope, not yet," she said.

    Seulgi went to my other side. "Nae eonnie, you can only see yourself after we are done. Now let's head to the parlor!" My cousins dragged me to the parlor. They were also excited because they decided to also have theirselves done..

    "Hi Kelsey!" Seulgi greeted in English. "We would like to have ourselves done and for my cousin Irene here, it's a total makeover. You take charge. I put my trust in you, okay?" Seulgi winked at her.

    The woman, who I assume is French, looked at me from head to toe and clapped her hands together and said in her weird accent, "Of course! Leave it to me. I'll make her beautiful to the point you won't even recognize her." She snapped her fingers. "Ladies!" She called her assistants and instructed them what to do.

    I was brought to a separate room from them. There were no mirrors though so I can't see how I look like. They waxed my legs, which was sooooo painful, I had to bite my lower lips. My eye brows were threaded and I kept tearing. Why do they even have to take some of my hair off? I can't understand this concept of beauty they have.

    Next, they were working on my hair where they attached it to curlers were it has to be hanged up. I guess I look like a freak right now. And another thing, stiff neck. I had to stay like that for hours it felt like I won't be able to move my head for days. Aigoo!

    Lastly, make up. Foundation here, powder there. Blush on, mascara, eyeliner blah, blah, blah. I guess I look like a clown. After hours that felt like forever of waiting, at last, we were done! Bloody hell, my precious neck!

    I got out of the room and saw the three waiting for me. "Introducing to you, my masterpiece!" I heard Kelsey say.

    The girls squealed. "Omo! Eonnie!" Wendy and Joy were both clapping hard as Seulgi held both her arms to me and faced Kelsey. "I know I can trust you when it comes to this. Kamsahamnida, Kelsey-eonnie."

    "Anything for you my favorite girl. But it seems like you have someone new in your spot." She gestured her hand to me. I felt self conscious as I saw that the people kept staring at me. I guess I do look like a clown.

    "Haha, I must agree on that one I guess. You really did a great job," Seulgi agreed. We thanked her and went to pay at the counter. They still did not allow me to look at how I look like.

    "Blimey, is this really a big deal? Its still me." I was being dragged by them. "Where are we heading next?"

    "My favorite part, my expertise." Seulgi started. "Clothes." She was smiling widely. She kept talking saying what clothes looked good on me, what style I should sport. I didn't understand any of that but I was thankful for the efforts of these three.

    "Hey," I stopped on my tracks. The three faced me.

    "Nae eonnie." Seulgi was wondering. So did Wendy and Joy.

    "Before these all ends and I change to a new Irene Bae physically, thank you for all your efforts, for helping me out on these, although I didn't really expect or ask for this. I really appreciate it. I'm nervous and excited at the same time on what would be the outcome of this but I just want you to know even if I change physically, I'm still the same Irene-eonnie you used to know, arasso?" I looked at them and they suddenly locked me in a group hug.

    "Aigoo, too cheesy eonnie. Haha!" said Joy.

    "Nae eonnie but yeah we love you. We know you just want us to know you love us," Wendy was messing with my hair.

    "Yah stop messing with my hair. I had stiff neck because of that." I laughed so hard my stomach ached.

    "Come on let's go. The shoes and clothes are waiting for us." Seulgi grabbed my hands and the two girs followed us. 

    They made me try different types of clothes from long sleeves to no sleeves, backless to laces. I personally favored the simple classy ones which Seulgi seemed to have agreed with. She made me wear one set which she said look really great on me. They also had the other clothes bagged and lastly were the shoes.

    Seulgi came to me with some pairs for me to try on and had them bagged as soon as I finished trying them on.

    "There we go. We are done and now for the last part," Seulgi said. I stood in front of a curtain. My hands were sweating, I didn't know what to expect with my new look.

    Seulgi placed her hands on the side of the curtains. "And now on ONE , TWO, THREE!"