CHAPTER 28- MEMORIES AND SUSPICIONS

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 28- MEMORIES AND SUSPICIONS

JIMIN'S POV

    We arrived at our hotel half past 8 in the evening and our bodies were already sore from sitting in the plane. Each of us have our own rooms so we decided to go there first and meet at the hotel's restaurant to have something to eat.

    I was in my room when I heard Taehyung's voice calling me from outside. I stood and walked up to the door to let them in.

    "Hey come in," I ushered them in. He was with Jungkook and Joy. 

    "So were you able to contact you're friend here?" Joy asked.

    "Nae, they will be preparing the set up tomorrow. Oh, it'll be romantic. That should get them in the mood." I smiled at the thought but well, Joy ruined it.

    "Yeah make sure it is. I hope it works because I know how hardheaded Seulgi-eonnie is. If that worked back there in the university, we don't know how it will work now. She's a lot more stubborn now, I'm telling you." Joy was leaning back on my bed, supporting her weight with both arm. I noticed Taehyung was silent. 

    "Yah, Taehyung-ah. What's wrong?" I asked him.

    "But how do we get them to meet there?" he asked.

    "Don't worry. I will ask Namjoon and Wendy to do that." I smiled, this is going to be a blast. I know I always bothered Hobi to try dating other girls but when the whole team is all about getting this two back, then who am I to oppose? If it meant their happiness, then I'm all about it.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

    While we were inside Jimin's room, another knock from the door was heard. Jin-hyung's face came into view. I suddenly remembered that I needed to tell him about what we saw back in London. I tried so many times to tell him but just can't get myself to do it. Hyung will be very hurt when he finds out but Jimin always bothered me to go tell him already. In any ways, he will still be hurt, so might as well tell him the truth.

    I knew Jimin was already staring at me, waiting for me to tell it all. If stares can burn a hole, his might have already done it.

    "Chim Chim, may I borrow your aftershave. I forgot to put mine in the bag." He walked in to the room. He looked at us noticing that we were in the room. He and Irene-noona were the only ones who weren't involved in the plan to get Seulgi and Hobi hyung back together since we already know they also got their hands full. "Oh, what's up? Why are you all here in Jimin's room?"

    "Nothing, just because," Joy said.  I looked at Jimin as he stood up to get his aftershave. He mouthed the word 'Tell him already' so I swallowed my own saliva and cleared my throat.

    "Hyung, listen to me. I have something important to tell you," I started. He looked at me.

    "Mm-hmm, what is it?" he asked.

    "Doesn't Kris.... Hmmm... Look familiar to you?"

    He paused to think. "Aniyo, I just met him back in Korea. Waeyo?"

    "How about London?"

    "We were only there a few days, and we weren't even anywhere near a hospital there, so I guess no. Why Jungkook? Why don't you just go straight to the point. What do you want to say?"

    Jimin walked back to us, holding his aftershave in a hand. I can feel Joy and Taehyung intently listening to our conversation, just like Jin hyung, waiting for what I was trying to say.

    "Hyung, the man who proposed at the London Eye, it was Kris and the woman was... Irene-noona."

JIN'S POV

    I was dumbstruck with what I heard from Jungkook. I was speechless. I just stood there looking at him, staring at him like he was some creature I just saw for the first time in my life.

    "What?" Taehyung cried out. "You mean you two saw him as he made his proposal to Irene-noona?"

    I just listened, my whole body was like in a pause mode and they were in slow motion. My mind was whirling, taking in the information slowly because it was just so unbelievable. I was there when he proposed? Like what the hell. This must be a joke. A cruel one that is.

    "Jungkook-ah, how?" Joy's voice was so low, it was almost like a whisper.

    "I was with Jin-hyung that day in London Eye. There was a proposal. I got a good glimpse of Kris's face but Jin hyung was, I think, busy staring at the ferris wheel plus Noona had her back turned against us so I never got to see her face." Jungkook looked back at me. "Hyung, joeseonghaeyo. I just told you now. I realized about it when we met them for the first time at Happiness. I didn't know how to tell you."

    I nodded and bit my lower lip. My mind isn't processing it well now. I turned and got the door knob to leave Jimin's room. I heard his voice calling out my name reminding me about the aftershave I needed to borrow from him but I wasn't really in the right state of mind now. I walked down the corridor and took the elevator. I left the hotel and walked down the beach. The sea spray hit my face as the waves crashed down. I kept walking down the seashore thinking about what Jungkook told me. It was her, the girl in the pink dress.  How could I have not known it was you when it was you I have been longing for so long? And why does it have to be at a ferris wheel when one of our fondest memories is in a ferris wheel? 

    I kept walking with no definite destination. I just wanted to keep my mind off things. I looked before me and I saw a familiar back of a lady looking at the sea, the wind blowing her hair. I walked up and hugged her from the back and placed my lips at the crook of her neck. I felt her jerk.

    "Joohyun-ah," I softly whispered. I took in her scent. It made my mind go crazy.

    "Seokjin-ah." She jerked and tried to push my arms away from her waist but it only urged to hug her harder.

    "No, let me stay like this, Joohyun-ah." I trailed kisses along her neck, I know I am not supposed to do this but I just can't help myself anymore.

    "Seokjin-ah, please. Stop this." Her voice shaked, she was on the verge of crying. It got me back to my senses.

    "I, ah, I'm sorry, Joohyun-ah." I ruffled my hair, unable to comprehend why I did what I did. I stared at her as she faced me. I opened my mouth and now asked her the thing that has been bothering me a few moments ago. "Did... He propose to you at the London Eye?"

    Her eyes widened. "How, how did you know?"

    "Jungkook. He told me. We were there during that time he proposed to you. Jungkook remembered his face, but we didn't see your face. But why does it have to be the ferris wheel Joohyun-ah?  It was a special place for both of us. Why of all places?"

    She looked down and stayed mum. "Do you love him?"

    "Why do you ask me that?" her voice shaked. "You don't have the right, Seokjin-ah. I chose him and that's that."

    "Joohyun-ah, just for one moment have you not felt the same way for me?" I grabbed her arms and pulled her to my chest, resting her head near my heart. "Joohyun, can you hear that? It only beats for you. Please, choose me instead," I begged her.

    "Seokjin-ah, I'm about to get married. Please, stop this. This is insane." She pushed me again but I pulled her in and pressed my lips to her. She hit my chest with her fist trying to get me off her but I was stronger than her. She tried fighting me off but surrendered in the end. 

IRENE'S POV

    No, don't let him get to you, Bae Joohyun. I commanded myself as he moved his lips to mine. The warmth of his body next to mine was enough to make me weak. I tried fighting him off but it was no use. He was too strong for me. I felt his hands trace through my back, gently caressing me. I tried not to respond to his advances but later on,I lost the fight. I closed my eyes and moved my lips to the rhythm of his kiss. I cried weakly as his slow breath touched my face and I placed my hands on the nape his neck, slanting my head to match the movement of his lips. I took in his familiar scent and let it fill my lungs, the same scent I was so used to whenever we stay in the tree house. 

    He took one hand to my face while the other was moving from my back to my waist, caressing me gently. He deepened the kiss, yet kept it gentle, like I was china in his hands, fragile and easily broken.  Slowly, he broke off and kissed me on my cheek. He brought his lips to my ears and whispered, "You love me. I know it. The way you kissed me tells it all." 

    I snapped back to reality and pulled away from him. Kris's face suddenly flashed before me and I felt guilt flood over me. I am an engaged woman and I shouldn't be doing this. "No, Seokjin-ah. I was just... Caught in the moment. Don't misunderstand." I turned my back away from him. 

    "Then, explain to me what I felt when you kissed me back." His voice was firm, desperate for an answer. "You love me, Joohyun. I know it. I can feel it."

    I shook his hand away and spoke, looking at him straight in the eye. "No, I told you. Don't misunderstand. Let's stop this. Stop it now, Seokjin-ah. I don't want to lose you as my special friend." I wrapped my arms around me and walked away from him, trying to keep the tears from falling from my eyes.

YIFEI'S POV

    I walked out of the hotel looking for Irene so we could get ready for dinner. My brother was on the other line, asking if she was with me already.

    "No, not yet Kris. When I got to her room she wasn't there. I think her phone isn't with her either. I could hear it ringing from her room." I told my brother.

    "Ok, I'll go look for her too," he said from the other line and I heard a beep signaling the end of the call. I put,my phone inside my pocket and went looking for Irene. I walked the tracks in between the coconut trees and stopped by a small shop to buy a cute bracelet I saw displayed there.

    As soon as I got out and searched again, I looked at the beach side maybe I might see her there. I was spot on thinking about that, seeing her small figure walking away from the seaside. I was about to wave at her so she could see me but the figure standing behind her caught my attention.

    "Jin?" I muttered. I squinted to get a better look at the two of them. I looked at Irene and saw that she had her head low her hair almost covering her face but I can see that she had a sad look on her face, while Jin was... What is this? He is on the verge of crying? What is going on with these two?

    I shook my head, kept my face flat, trying to act as if I didn't notice anything. Plastering a big smile on my face, I walked up to Irene and s my arms around hers. "Irene!" She looked up with a shocked expression. "Oh, Crystal!"

    "What's wrong? Are you okay?" I said, acting innocently.

    "Huh, oh, yeah. Of course I'm fine." She sniffed and fixed herself.

    "Are you crying?" I asked, seeing her eyes becoming watery.

    "Huh? No, of course not. It's... It's just the wind, Crystal. Come on, let's go inside." She dragged me to the hotel and I took my phone and dialled my brother telling him that Irene was already with me. 

    "Kris was looking for me?" she asked. 

    "Yup, but I passed by your room and it seemed like you left your phone inside." she suddenly checked her phone. 

    "Ah, I guess its because of my dress, it doesn't have a pocket." We suddenly turned our head as we heard the voice of my brother calling us out.

    "Yifei! Irene!" he took Irene by her hand. "Ey, where have you been? I'm already starving." I studied Irene's face. It was just plain, not smiling or anything. Could there be really something going on between her and Jin or maybe I was just thinking too much?

*****

Hello everyone! Here is another update following yesterday's. Jin and Irene are at the peak of their emotions! *O*. And Yifei seemes to be suspecting something is going on. Oh! What do you think will happen next? Watch out in the next chapters! Don't be shy to leave your comments everyone! =)

Love lots,

Your Author satisakro_chi