CHAPTER 6- ESCAPE

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 6- ESCAPE

FLASHBACK THREE YEARS AGO
NO ONE'S POV
    Seulgi just finished her classes whan she decided to meet her boyfriend, Hoseok. They have been together for 4 months and she was really happy. He was really sweet and funny, just her type. She texted him that she was on her way to the dance studio. She carried another bag with her which was filled with snacks. Hoseok and his friends must be really hungry by now. She knew they were practicing for a competition. They will be representing the school against some other school.

    As soon as she reached the studio, she jumped in and exclaimed, "Annyeong!" acting all cutesy. "Oh, You're alone?" She walked in, holding the bag with her two hands.

    "Aiyoo, my cute little baby Seulgi," Hoseok took the bag from her hands and hugged her with the free one. "Acting all cutesy, hahaha! What's this?'

    "That's the snacks I brought for you and the group, but it seems like you are all alone. Where are they?" Seulgi asked. "And you, stop hugging me. You are sweaty. Eww." Seulgi joked, acting as if she's disgusted.

    "I made them leave. I want to have you all by myself. And so what if I'm sweaty, huh? You don't love me anymore because I'm sweaty? Huh? Huh? Huh?" Hoseok started tickling Seulgi's sides and Seulgi laughed.

    "Yah, stop it, hahaha! Hoseok that tickles!" Seulgi ran away from him but he followed her around, tickling her everytime he catches up on her. "Yah! Stop it! Omo! Hoseok!" Seulgi faced him which caught him off guard. She placed her arm around his neck and looked, "Aniyo. Why would I stop loving you because your sweaty, hmm? You look your best when you are dancing, Hoseok. Am I right or am I right?" She smiled at him.

    Hoseok didn't answer. He just smiled at her and looked at her. He placed her hands on her waist and moved his face towards Seulgi. Seulgi closed her eyes as she felt Hoseok's lips touched it, followed by a kiss on the tip of her nose and lastly, her lips. It was their first kiss eventhough they have dated for four months now. Seulgi loved it. It wasn't a hasty kiss. It ws innocent and gentle. Hoseok moved his hands to cup her face as he continued kissing her softly. "I love you, Seulgi."

    "I love you, too, Hoseok" she replied, looking at him, her face red as a tomato.

    "Aigoo you are so cute. Come on, let me teach you how to dance." She held her hands and motioned her to the center of the studio.

    Her face was still burning from the kiss but now it burned again because she was embarrassed because she doesn't know how to dance. "Omo! Aniyo, I don't know how to dance!" She held his hand with her other free hand, stopping him from dragging her in.

    "That's why I'm teaching you, right?" She looked at him with doubt, not to him but doubt at her self. "Come on trust me."

    Hoseok soon enough taught Seulgi how to dance, patiently guiding her every step from the simplest to the complex dance steps. Soon enough, they danced together and they were like one body who knows what to do next when they are joined together for a dance. Even Joy and Hoseok's group were amazed at her improvement. They were made for each other, they thought. But all of this changed the day the two broke up.

YOONGI'S POV

    Jimin and Joy had to explain what had happened to three years ago so that the other boys will understand why the two acted that way. I was busy texting Hoseok where he was. One hour already passed but still no reply.

    "Aish, that brat. He is not replying to my messages." I put down my phone.

    "Try calling him," Jin said. I dialled his number. It took about four to five rings before he took the phone. "Yah where are you?"

    "Room 107, Arts Department" His voice was lifeless, as if he had been crying. "Okay We'll come to get you there." I faced the others. "Did you contact Seulgi?" I asked the girls.

    Wendy shook her head." Aniyo, she turned off her phone. Don'y worry we know she'll head to Joy's place when she's depressed." We looked at them weirdly. "Why?"

    "She'll eat my cakes. She is like that. We'll meet her there but let's go look for Hoseok-sunbaenim first." Joy and and the girls picked up their bags. We took our  books  and headed to the room Hoseok mentioned.

    "J-Hope, dude are you there?" I called out to him because the door was locked. The door knob clicked and turned. We got in and saw him sitting on th floor, his back facing the wall. He was a mess.

    "Omo!" Irene ran and  knelt before him. "Your hands are bleeding." She took his hands and pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket. "Wendy, get my alcohol and antiseptic from my bag, and another handkerchief please. This will sting a bit, sorry." I looked at them as she and Wendy nursed his hand, he flinched a bit as the alcohol stung his hands. Just then a tear fell from his eye.

    "Hyung," V murmured.

    "I hurt her so bad, she can't even look at me. When she does, its not the same look she gives me back then. I just.... didn't break her heart. I also broke her soul. I'm such a bastard." He hit the back of his head on the wall.

    "Hey dude don't do that." Jin said.

    I stood in front of him. "So, it's just that?" I started. Joy looked at me, shocked at my cold attitude towards him.

    "Yoongi!" Namjoon warned but it didn't stop me.

    "Is that just it Hoseok? You gave up on her so you can debut. I thought you are braver now. You tried to escape before. You couldn't even fight for her before even if you know you love her that much. You didn't give her an explanation, you just left her. She has every right in the world to despise you. You know why? Because you are a coward!" I didn't care if he gets angry. I want him to wake up. Jimin and I saw him suffer for years behind his smiles. That is not going to hapen anymore.

    He stood up furiously almost knocking Irene and Wendy down, just in time for Jin and Jungkook to catch them. "What do you want me to do then, huh? Tell me! Because I am going crazy right now. Argh!"

    I grabbed on his collar, V and Namjoon were stopping me. "You, I've watched you for years silently blaming yourself for not telling her everything, for letting her go just like that. You can't continue on living like that. Stop being a coward. Even if she drive you away again and again, go back and continue asking for her forgiveness, because you owe her that. You owe her that for the three years you left her hurt and confused." I took my hands of off him. "Fix yourself up and do something."

    I walked out of the room and headed to our van. That guy needs to get some sense into him.

SEULGI'S POV
    
    Usually, during times like this, when I'm depressed, stressed or feeling down, I would head straight to Joy's house and look for her cakes. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own. I don't know why but for some reason, I took the bus heading to our old school. I wiped the tears from my face.

    "Why am I even here?" I said to myself as soon as I arrived at school. Good thing it was empty. The students have been dissmissed. I walked in and roamed my eyes around the school. Memories of him, every corner of the school filled it. Our first date under the cherry blossom tree, the auditorium where he first became my boyfriend, the lockers where he first sent a letter of confession and the roses. I continued walking and soon found myself in their old dance studio, the dance studio where we shared our first kiss.

JOY'S POV

    I called my Mom to ask if Seulgi passed by the house. "Mwo? Are sure Mom? Ah nae, thanks Mom. We'll try calling her again." I turned off my phone and faced the group. "She is not in our house."

    Wendy suddenly panicked, "Omo, that can't be. She would always ask for your pastries whenever she's depressed."

    "Where else would she go then?" Jungkook asked. "Maybe somewhere you have a lot of memories?"

    "Can that be possible? She's angry right now, right?" Jin wrinkled his nose.

    For some reason, Hoseok-sunbaenim suddenly stood up. "I am taking the taxi. I think I know where to find her.'" After that, he ran.

    I thought deeply. When you say their memories, no way. Jimin must have also realized it.

    "Joy-ssi"

    "Jimin- sunbaenim."

    "Our old school!"

HOSEOK'S POV

    I asked the taxi driver to drive faster to my intended location, our old school. I didn't know but I just felt that maybe Seulgi is there. I paid the driver quickly not even minding to get the change. I ran all round the campus looking for her. She wasn't around. Dance, I suddenly thought. Then could she be...?

    I quickly moved my feet. Could she really be there? I hope so. I ran to its direction and as we got nearer I heard a beautiful music coming from the studio. I stopped running and careful walked towards our old dance practice room. I peeked to see who was dancing there now and I was surprised to see who it was. 

    Seulgi drowned herself in the music, gracefully dancing on her own. She even closed her eyes to feel the music. I didn't know she still does this.  I inched myself closer and closer to her until I was close enough to place my hands on her waist and dance along with her. It felt so natural again. Touching her, dancing with her, we felt like our bodies are one. As I danced with her, every touch felt like electric shocks were being sent to my whole body, it hurt but still felt so good. Seulgi looked at me, one hand wrapped around my neck, the other on my shoulder. I supported her by holding her by her waist and the other hand hooked her leg. She turned and I shifted, now both arms hugging her by the waist, her arms on top of mine. I placed my chin on the nook of her neck and whispered to her ears, "Let's stop hurting ourselves now, Seulgi. Please. I know... I was a stupid jerk for leaving you like that and I'll be forever sorry for hurting you. Everyday, I blamed myself for leaving you."
    I took my right hand from hugging her by the waist and gently placed it on her shoulder. I placed gentle kisses on her neck and shoulder. She was silently sobbing. Tears fell from my eyes too. "I never stopped loving you, Seulgi. That's the truth. How will I even stop loving? Why should I? I was a coward before, so afraid to lose the debut I have waited for so long but that cost me to lose you. My one and only love, the one who makes my heart race so fast. For the past three years, it felt empty. I miss you so much, Seulgi. I love you, I never stopped loving you and I never will. If you don'want to have me back, at least let me continue loving you from a distance."

    I held her by the shoulders and made her face me. "I told you not to come looking for me again. Why are is it so difficult for you to understand?" She said to me. " I hate you so much, Hoseok. I wanted to keep hating you! I wanted to blame you for every hurt I held in and hid for years. I really want to keep hating you.I keep persuading myself not to be anywhere near you presence but everytime I try, I keep failing and I hate myself for being so weak whenever you are around."

    I pulled her in for a hug."You can hit me if you want. I'll take it all. If that is what will make you feel better. Until you forgive me,I'll take it." I loosened my hug and she hit me with her small fist while she continued crying on my chest. She lost all her strength from crying that she slid on to the floor and I went down to face her. I held her tear stained face. "I'm sorry and .... I love you, Kang Seulgi. I'll keep waiting until you accept my apologies."

    I stood up and turned to leave her be but I felt her hand tug on my shirt. "Why did you hurt your hand?" She stood up and assisted her.

    "Ah its nothing. Gwaenchanayo." I hid it behind my back. She walked towards me and looked at me straight in the eyes. What happened next was beyond my expectation. She tiptoed and she held my face . "Don't ever leave me again," she said and kissed me. I breathed in harshly, shocked at what happened but ecstatic. The longing I held in for three long, torturous years ended at that moment. My lips moved slowly with hers for a moment but as I hugged her tightly, I deepened the kiss along with it. I missed it so much, it was so hard to hide. Even our breaths became ragged with so much longing for one another, it was to painful to fathom but so sweet was the taste of her lips on mine. It felt like winning the World Cup.

    After breaking apart from the kiss Seulgi was so red, she hid her face with her hair. I cannot hide a chuckle. "You never changed. You still do that."

    "Shut up, Hoseok." 

    "Okay, but are we really okay now?" I just wanted to make sure. She nodded. I breathed in deeply. "Yes!" I smiled at her widely.

    "Stop it you're weird." I  bent down again and kissed her again. "I love you, Seulgi"

    "I love you too, Hoseok." I hugged her tightly and she hugged back.

    Suddenly, we heard a loud bang from the door. "Yah, did we miss anything?" came Jimin's loud voice. We just answered them with a smile.

 

 

*****

There you go everyone! Seulgi and Hoseok's story. I hope you all like it. =) 

Please don't be shy to post you comments Every comment is highly appreciated. 

 

Kamsahamnida!