CHAPTER 22- THE NEW PROJECT

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 22- THE NEW PROJECT

SEULGI'S POV

    I sat in front of my computer, checking on the updates from my staff in London when I received an email form Cornelia-seonsaengnim. She informed me where I will be meeting my new clients tomorrow. I was excited. It was a new challenge for me. A music video where my creations will be featured.

    The next day, I woke up early and fixed myself up. We agreed to meet at a famous restaurant in Itaewon. I drove to Itaewon and headed to the said restaurant. As I went in, I headed to the counter to ask if who was expecting me.

    "Ms. Elizabeth Kang, please follow me." I followed the girl and she led me to a private room. "Kamsahamnida," I said to the girl after I got to the room. I got in and was greeted by a chubby male with a friendly face.

    "Ah Ms. Elizabeth Kang, it great to finally meet you. I am Bang Si Hyuk, president of Big Hit Entertainment. I was the one who asked Ms. Cornelia Jacques to get in touch with you. She talks highly about you and your talent," the man said.

    I smiled at him and he offered me a seat but something about what he said bothered me. I tried not to let it bother me. He ordered food and we started talking about business.

    "Cornelia talks a lot about you. She said she is so proud of you of what you have become now. I saw you in some papers in Paris and saw your designs, I think you are a breath of fresh air in fashion." He kept praising me. I smiled at him  and thanked him for the compliments.

    "Thank you very much Mr. Bang. I really am happy that you appreciate my designs and also entrusting me with this project, but if you don't mind, I would like to know more about this project you are entrusting me?" I asked him still in question of the project I am in. I love the idea of a new project, but something inside me keeps nagging. I was a bit disturbed, something about the name Big Hit. I tried to dig in my memories. Big Hit, Big Hit and then it hit me!

    "Ah, let me explain the project to you. Our pride idol group," Oh no, don't mention the name, I thought. "Bangtan Seonyeondan, is working on their comeback now. In a more mature concept, but a bit different from what they usually do."

    I was startled but I tried to hide it. My worst fear just came true. I mentally hit myself for actually forgetting that BTS is under Big Hit's management. How could I even forget? That was so stupid of me. "Did you just say, BTS?"

    "Ah nae, Ms. Kang." Suddenly the doors of the private room opened. I turned to look at who just came in and as I saw who they were, my eyes widened.

HOSEOK'S POV

    We arrived at the restaurant in Itaewon were we will be meeting president and the fashion designer who will be working with us for the next comeback. Fashion designer, huh, I chuckled to myself inwardly. Why do we even need that? Jaekyung noona is already doing a great job styling us, why do we even have to hire a fashion designer to create our clothes? I just don't get the idea.

    Plus one more thing. Fashion designer, the word itself makes me remember her. My life and my pain, Kang Seulgi. I can feel Jimin's stare piercing through and he spoke up, "Hyung, you remember her again don't you? Because we will be meeting a fashion designer."

    "Nae, its just that, meeting someone in the same field as her is awkward. Its just like maybe facing her again." I followed the boys from behind as a waitress guided us to the room.

    "Oh there you are boys!" President Bang stood up and told us to come in. Someone else caught my attention though and seeing that person made me freeze in my place. I stared at her, not believing what I am seeing right now. I know that the boys were also surprised seeing the look in their faces.

    "Boys, what's wrong with you? Don't tell me this is the first time you saw such a gorgeous woman?" President Bang joked. "Anyway, boys, This is Elizabeth Kang, a budding designer from Paris and these..." He was cut off by Namjoon.

    "There is no need to introduce us, President. We already know each other. We met her in university before." We found ourselves a seat. I stared at Seulgi but she avoided my gaze.

    "Oh really. Then that is great. We won't have a hard time getting to know each other." He started getting into the details. It was really awkward. Taehyung tried to lighten up the atmosphere with some of his corny jokes. Suga was acting uninterested again. I know he felt disappointed with what had happened eight years ago. Namjoon was the one taking charge with all the details from President. Jin, Jimin and Jungkook tried to act normal, getting Seulgi to join in the conversation. I was just there listening to them talk, not really absorbing any of it. I was staring at her neck, hoping to see her wear it, the necklace I gave her before. It wasn't there... Again. I always check it time and time again whenever I see her in newsprints but I never saw her wearing it. I always asked myself if she really have gotten over me. Was it that easy to leave me just like that? What am I to you, really, Kang Seulgi? I silently asked.

    "Hoseok? Are you okay? You seem so silent today, it is so unlike you," President asked. I broke out of my thoughts and blinked.

    "Huh, gwaenchanayo. I just feel a little tired and I think I'm going to get a flu. President, could I excuse myself? I'll go back to the car first." I can't stay there any longer. She kept acting so cold around me not even laying a single smile at me.

    "Okay, and go ask your assistant to get you medicine." President Bang said.

    I apologized, excused myself from them and got up from the table. She looked to me as I stood up, still with a cold gaze. So, this is all what has become of our relationship, I thought. We are strangers to each other now. Strangers that seem to have never even met before.

    I walked back to our car and placed my head on the headrest feeling really sick right now. Physically and emotionally. I asked myself how we become like this but I really can't understand everything until now. Maybe our ambitions took the better of us but I still cannot understand why she had to turn her back on me. Eight years passed but I still cannot get over her. That day at Inkigayo when I had to act all happy and enthusiastic when all along I feel so dead inside. That was the most dreadful feeling I had to feel in my whole life. She left me hanging on air. I wanted to hate her too, but how am I even supposed to do that when my love for her always wins over the hatred I feel?

SUGA'S POV

    I was watching J-hope and Seulgi's cold war from the last seat of the table. I was annoyed by the fact that these two are on it again. Eight years ago, when I asked Wendy why she had to leave like that, Wendy couldn't give me a definite reason, when they themselves were confused of her sudden decision to leave. First, Irene and Seulgi followed. It was difficult during that time since they had two suffering members, they also felt the pain the two encountered watching from the sidelines.

    "So this is a closed deal then? We are working with you Seulgi. Nice to see you back." I stood up and excused myself. "I'll just check on J-hope. I think he wasn't feeling well since this morning." I stood up and left the room. I dialled Wendy's number. I knew she was here already as she contacted me on the day of their arrival.

    "Wendy, yeobeoseyo?"

    "Ah, Yoongi-yah. What's up? No schedule today?"

    "You won't believe who we will be working with for our next single." I said.

    "Oh, who?" she asked on the other line.

    "Seulgi, your cousin." I heard her put down on the table whatever she was holding that time.

    "What?! How? We met her in London, she said the project was not explained to her in details yet so I'm pretty sure she has no idea that it's you. So how was she and Hoseok sunbaenim?" 

    "Well the atmosphere was awkward, Taehyung tried to at least lighten things up but no use. President didn't have an idea about it. He was excited about the project." I became silent

    "I'm glad to hear that Eonnie will be working with you but I'm actually bothered about the rift between her and Hoseok sunbaenim. I don't want to say it but I kind of noticed Seulgi changed. She is not the warm and bubbly Seulgi from before. She turned cold and very ambitious now. Even Joy thinks the same." Wendy's voice sounded worried.

    "I just wish we can do something about this two," I said. "One more thing, Irene-noona."

    "What about her?" asked Wendy.

    "She's engaged, I heard from Jin-hyung." I know I didn't anywhere interested with her engagement.

    "Yes, its her bestfriend in medical school, Kris Wu. Why?"

    "Jin-hyung, he was crushed when he found out about it." My voice was almost a whisper. I may appear really cold outside but when it comes to BTS, I soften up. The boys are family to me already, they are my brothers. When anything happens to them, I tend to be really protective. 

    "Crushed? Why? How can he be crushed? Do you mean he loves Eonnie? More than just a friend?" Wendy's voice shook. "Then Joy was right. Oh, why is fate so cruel to these two?" I wasn't able to say more. I just stood there with my phone on my ear, staring at Hoseok who had his eyes closed inside the car. Yeah, fate was cruel to these two pairs.