CHAPTER 17- KRIS WU

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 17- KRIS WU

IRENE'S  POV

    I watched as Seokjin was dancing with the other boys to "Just One Day" on stage. He still looks beyond gorgeous. I was happy getting to see him in person after eight years, but at the same time, I was hurt. Seeing the man I loved all these years brought back the memories I had with him. Even though it was a short time, those were one of the most precious memories I have.

    Something unexpected happened though, our eyes met. Howcome in this sea of people, why does he have to see me?

    "Joohyun-ah." he muttered. It was audible because of the lapel mic he was wearing. Why does he have to see me? I never wanted him to see me. I just wanted to get a glimpse of him and after this, I plan to get on with my life without him. But why does he have to see me and call out my name?

    I watched him as he took a step forward. "Bae Joohyun." No please. I turned around to leave. "Bae Joohyun, please stop right there." I knew he went down the stage to follow me, hearing the PDs and s calling him. I kept running, people stared at me. Some were cursing under their breath as I bumped into them. "Joohyun-ah, you can't just leave me like that again."

    It was a hard feat, getting out of the crowd of people. I squeezed my small body until I completely escaped and got into my car. I started the engine. I just need to escape. Away from here, away from Seokjin.

    "No Joohyun-ah, this is the right thing to do. You need to leave him, once and for all. This is the last time." I mentally convinced myself but still, why does it hurt?

    I stepped on the gas of my car and immediately left Wembley. This is enough, you have to move on now, Irene. You no longer are his Joohyun, the tutor.

JIN'S POV

    "It was Joohyun. I'm sure about it. This is London, anyway. It makes sense," I kept talking backstage. The boys listened to me and can't believe that I saw Joohyun.

    "You must have been mistaken hyung. Or you just missed her since we're here in London that's why you were imagining things." Jimin had his forehead wrinkled. He kept flipping the mic the PD had to slap it off him.

    "I think your going to land in the newspaper tomorrow Jin hyung with what you did back there" Jungkook said. "Like some love sick male seeing his woman in a sea of people." Jungkook was right and people will be making a big deal about it.

    I don't care. I'm already used to it. News about us here and there. We will be spending three more days in London, a vacation treat for us as we end the second half of our world tour. I don't know if I still hav ethe chance but I pray that I'll get another chance to see her. Even when this city is big, I hope fate will be kind enough to let us meet again.

IRENE'S POV

    It was Saturday, the planned date I have with Kris. I looked in the mirror and stared at my reflection. I wore a flowing pink dress which showed my perfect collarbones.

    "How do I look?" I faced Wendy and twirled in front of her. 

    Instead of answering, she spoke in a sarcastic tone. "Are you really that excited? You see Kris everyday."

    "You really don't like Kris that much, don't you?" I sat beside her as I combed my hair.

    "It's not like that Eonnie. He's nice and all. Perfect to be honest. But you know my vote leans on Jin-sunbaenim more." She was busy writing notes on her music pad.

    "Jin is like so eight years ago, I have moved on Wendy." Have I really? 

    "Jin huh? Not Seokjin anymore?" She raised an eyebrow while tapping the tip of her pencil on the music sheet.

    "Jin, Seokjin, Kim Seokjin, it's all the same, Wendy. It's time you also move on, it's Kris now, not him. Kris is my boyfriend now, not him." We suddenly turned as we heard the doorbell of our house sound. "Oh it must be Kris."

    I ran for the door and opened it. "Kris." I flashed him a smile.

    "Whoa you look... Amazing." He said his eyes completely focused on me.

    "Stop playing around." I playfully slapped his arm.

    "I'm not joking." Kris tried to argue.

    "Okay if you say so. Let's go?" I laughed at him acting all childish. He offered me his arm and I took it. We said goodbye to Wendy and he led me to his car.

KRIS'S POV

    I've always been a focused person, always wanted to be first in everything I do. I am an only son from a famous Chinese family and the main goal I have in life since I was young is to become a doctor. For years, that was the main deal. That changed when Irene came into my life.

    I met her eight years ago, when she came back to London from Seoul. She was the silent type but obviously shined not because she was beautiful but because she was intelligent. She was aloof though, the typical silent type, stay at the corner type of person and I was really all there, outgoing and friendly. She only speaks when asked but when she starts speaking, there is sense in her words.

*FLASHBACK EIGHT YEARS AGO*

    I sat in the classroom, talking to some of my classmates. We were busy recounting our summer vacation. Everyone was excited because another school year is starting. We went silent as our Professor came in.

    "Good morning class. Fun vacation wasn't it?" he greeted. He placed  his things on top of the rostrum and put his hands on his waist. "So, let me introduce myself. I am Professor Michael Hoult and I will be your Professor for the semester. If you have any concerns, feel free to ask me. Just not anything about money matters, okay?" He said with a smile. The whole class laughed at him. Yeah, quite lame but, let's give him some credit for making the mood of the class light, okay?

    "So, let's see, we have a new student and she is from Seoul, South Korea." Mr. Hoult looked at the door and gestured someone to come in. We looked to the direction of the door and saw a girl come in.

    "Oh, she's beautiful."

    "She's gorgeous."

    "Oh my, how does she get that glowing skin.? I need to ask."

    "Do you think she'll date me?"

    Everyone was looking at her, whispering about the new girl. She was indeed beautiful but I didn't really make a big deal out of it. Like, I get to see a lot of beautiful girls all the time. In every gathering my family goes to, I meet tons of them.

    Mr. Hoult made her introduce her self. She started off in a low voice, like really low, I can barely hear her at the back. "Good morning, everyone. I'm..."

    I cleared my throat. "Uhm, Miss can you make your voice a little bit louder? We can't hear you at the back." She flinched.

    "Ah, take it easy Mr. Wu. Our new girl here is a bit shy." He told me and motioned Irene to continue.

    "I'm Irene Bae from Seoul, South Korea." She bowed down to everyone which made them a bit shocked.

    "So courteous are your ways in Korea, Ms. Bae. Okay, you can go sit beside Mr. Wu there." Oh, beside me I thought. Mr. Hoult pointed to the seat beside me. She bowed again and walked towards me. I just moved and let her pass. My classmates were very curious about her but I paid no attention. She doesn't actually like the attention it seemed. She was aloof and silent most of the time. I only gave notice to her after like two months. That was when we were paired for the same project.

    "I'm sorry, Irene. I made you wait. I wasn't feeling too well this morning. I didn't notice that it was already 2pm," I said as I walked towards her to the coffee shop where we decided to meet.

    "It's okay. It wasn't too long." She was still quiet to the point of awkwardness. We talked about what we should do for the project. She wasn't difficult to discuss things with. We were able to decide immediately. I actually thought she was intelligent.

    As we walked out the coffee shop, I suddenly felt dizzy. Before I knew it, I started falling to the floor, hearing Irene's voice calling out my name, before I out.

    I woke up finding myself in the hospital with Irene beside me.

    "Kris are you okay now? How do you feel?" She looked so worried.

    "Yes, don't worry. I'm okay now." She called the doctor and the doctor said I was probably overfatigued. The doctor allowed me to get out after a few hours. Irene was really silent beside me. I tried to break the ice.

    "It's really embarrassing." I chuckled but felt myself turn red.

    "Hmm?" She looked up to me with a questioning look.

    "It's embarrassing, you know, fainting in front of you." I smiled awkwardly.

    "Aniyo. Gwaenchanayo!" She said, waving her hands in front.

    "Huh? What did you say?" She was talking in Korean.

    "Ah, sorry.I forgot. I said its okay, I don't mind it. I'm not going to tell anyone." 

    "Really? That's a promise okay? I don't want my manly image to be ruined." I looked at her and she nodded. "Okay, if anyone finds out about today, you're dead meat." She nodded again, looking scared. "Haha! I was just joking." I ruffled her hair and she flinched a bit.

    When we got out of the hospital, I said goodbye.

    "Where are your parents?" she asked. "Maybe we could ask them to fetch you."

    "They're in China. I live alone." I answered.

    She fell silent again, deep in thought. "I'll send you home."

    "Huh?" I was quite surprised. Like, she's painfully shy, why all of a sudden she offers to send me home? "I just can't let you go like that. You're not yet fully okay. My conscience won't handle it."

    She insisted until I was not able to say more. Since that day, we became more comfortable around each other. I was a bit pressured to show her a stronger side of me because, I still found it embarrassing that I fainted in front of her but she always was considerate.

    Soon after, she and I became bestfriends and even went to take up Medicine together as we pursued our dream to become doctors.

    "Dead! Oh, I'm so dead. Why do I have to forget such an obvious thing?" Irene was ranting in front of me after we took the exam.

    "It's okay, Irene. Sometimes you need to taste defeat from me. Hahahaha!" I laughed. That was our relationship with each other. We are bestfriends and rivals at the same time. We always top the class. She would get annoyed when I surpass her, same goes with me. We fuel each others desire to win.

    "Yah!" She jumped at me and gave me a headlock as I was staring at my test paper in my living room. "Haha! I got a higher score than you. Yes!" She isn't so shy anymore unlike the first time I met her. She is a bit freer now, open to people. 

    Even when we we're bestfriends, I knew I was slowly falling in love with her, not just because she was beautiful and intelligent but also because she was the first and only girl who made my heart beat fast. No one ever made me feel this happy, this giddy.

    When we graduated, I decided to tell her how I feel and thankfully she accepted me. I was beyond happy. She was not just a bestfriend and rival anymore. She was my girl, my woman at last.


********* 

 

There you go everyone! Kris's story! Leave your comments! Kamsahamnida!