CHAPTER 27- TORTURE

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 27- TORTURE

SUGA'S POV

    I sat with Wendy on our flight to Maldives and she told me the truth about this sudden idea of an excursion. "Oh so this is what it is. I thought you just wanted to have an alone time with me."

    She raised an eyebrow at me. "Alone time huh? Then I should have just set a vacation with just us two." She smiled, kissed me on my lips and placed her head on my shoulder. "If only their story could be as simple as ours then we won't have to go through all this hassle." I wrapped my hand around hers as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

    I stared at Hoseok and Seulgi who were sitting two seats in front of us. Both were really silent and awkward to actually be sitting together. If this vacation was planned to get this two to really tell each other how they really felt, I wonder how they will do it.

SEULGI'S POV

    We walked into the plane and I looked to find were my seat is. I walked down the aisle and saw the person sitting beside me was none other than Hoseok. Brilliant! The one that I least wanted to sit with was the one they really gave me. Nice move, Wendy and Joy. Hoseok looked up to me as I got next to him.

    "Excuse me," I said to him. He looked at me and stood up to let me pass. "Kamsahamnida." I took my seat and both of us were silent. I took out the magazine placed in front of me and read it. Hoseok watched a movie on his laptop. Good now we are total strangers to one another. This is what you wanted right, Kang Seulgi? Now you get what you want. But why does it still feel like hundreds of needles are being pricked right through me, causing slow, sharp pain to me?

    I decided not to mind it and closed my eyes to sleep. I'll just get some good sleep until we get to Maldives.

JIN'S POV

    I stared at Irene who was seated in front of me together with Kris. Kris was excitedly talking to her laughing in that gummy manner while I was there, jealous, wishing that I could be in his place. Irene was smiling at him. I stared at her lips, the lips that I kissed in so much wanting for years. I wished to hold her again but how am I supposed to do that when I know she was Kris's?

    I suddenly snapped out of my deep thoughts when Crystal striked up a conversation in English. "Jin-ssi, you want some chips?" Oh I almost forgot she was sitting beside me. She held up a bag of Lays to me. I awkwardly took some and thanked her. She smiled. "You know what? I really like Irene. I grew up with only Kris as my sibling so I really wondered how it would feel to have a sister. When he became close to Irene, I was so happy. All the more when I found out that she was already his girlfriend. She is like a sister to me. Well, now she will officially be my sister in law, you don't know how happy I am. How about you, are you close with her?"

    I stared at her. She was looking up to me with expectant eyes, waiting for a reply from me. "Nae, we are practically close. She was my tutor back in the university."

    "Ah, really? She really is intelligent right? That is one of the reasons my brother really likes her. He can talk to her about anything. How about you Jin-ssi, do you have someone you like?" She caught me off guard with the sudden question she threw. I blinked at her, staring at her as she looked at me with those expectant eyes again. I cleared my throat and answered, "Yes."

    "Wow really? That girl is lucky, Kim Seokjin likes her." She clapped her hands together. "It's not Irene-eonnie right? Because if you do like her, I'm not going to let you take her away from my brother." I stared at her, taken aback by her statement. "Hahaha! I'm just joking Jin-ssi. Of course Irene will never leave Kris! They're totally meant for each other." She was so sure about her words that it felt like my heart were being torn in to million pieces by every word. Meant for each other? If that was true, then every glance I throw at her is pure pain because that is all I can do now.

HOSEOK'S POV

    I can feel the heat of Seulgi's body emitting beside me, the air conditioner isn't doing any good to me. I wasn't even paying attention to what I was watching in the laptop anymore. All that was running through my mind right now is the distance between me and Seulgi and that her hand is properly placed on the handrest, I wanted to reach out and let my skin touch hers. Stop it Hoseok! Isn't it clear what she said to you back at the Bangtan Room? She doesn't want you anymore! I kept screaming inside my head to stop but it seemed like my hand has a mind of its own. It started moving towards hers and my fingers trailed through her skin.

    Pull it away, my mind commanded it, but such a rebellious hand! It doesn't follow it's master. Good thing Seulgi was asleep and seemed to have not noticed my hand touching hers. I stared at her face. Are we really over? I thought. Will I not be able to hold you near and carress you? I stared at her lips, the only pair of lips I truly kissed in my whole life. I want to own them again, feel them touch my lips again. Burn through mine again. Will I never have them again, Kang Seulgi?

KRIS'S POV

    I held Irene's hand and laced my fingers to hers. She flinched at the sudden contact as she was busy reading a book beside me. "Still studying? We are supposed to be in a vacation? Give it a rest for the meantime Irene." I took the book away from her other hand and closed it.

    "But, I need to check on  something. Review too," she protested. I placed a finger on her lips.

    "Ey, do you ever rest. Or is it not part of your vocabulary?" I kissed her fore head. "Come on. Leave work behind in the hospital first. Unwind, okay?" She pouted but still nodded her head. "Ey look, you even brought this heavy book with you,' I said as I took away the book from her.

    "So what do you want to do when we reach Maldives?" I smiled as I stared at her face. "By the way, about our wedding, do you want it to be at the beach? If you like Maldives, maybe we can make it a venue for our wedding," I suddenly suggested to her. I suddenly noticed her face's expression darkened. "Irene, are you alright?" I cupped her face with my hand.

    She moved away her face from my hand and leaned on the backrest. ""Yes, I'm fine Kris. I just suddenly felt dizzy." She closed her eyes.

    "There, I told you. That is what you get from reading inside the plane." I cleared away the hair from her face and fixed her coat.

    "Please Kris. I'm not in the mood the argue at a little thing like that." She sounded annoyed.

    I raised my hands in surrender. "Okay, Okay. I was just saying." I leaned on my chair. Lately, Irene gets those weird mood swings, I noticed. She has been really silent these past few days, easily distracted and would sometimes look into space, with a look that seemed to think deeply of something. I dismissed it as maybe the time of the month for ladies but then again, I feel like something is really wrong.

    I looked to Irene and leaned in to kiss her cheeks. "Don't forget, you can always talk to me. I'll be listening," I whispered to her.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

    I stood up from my seat unable to handle the fact that there was an empty seat beside Joy so I took the liberty to sit beside her and started picking on her. "Joy-ah! Your favorite Tae Tae is here!" I said acting cute in front of her and pinching her arm.

    She looked at me daggers and placed her index finger atop her lips. I raised an eyebrow and she pointed behind. I directed my look at where she was pointing. "Ah Hobi hyung and Seulgi."

    "Nae, I've been secretly watching over them since we got on the plane. They are both hardheaded, acting like they don't know each other. But obviously they are still both in love with each other. J-hope started trying to hold Seulgi-eonnie when she fell asleep." She looked away from them. "We really need to go on with that plan, Taehyung-ah. It should work at least. They should finally realize they both need each other. This has been going on for so long." She sounded desperate, her forehead wrinkled on her pretty face. We suddenly looked in front of us when we heard a gentle snore of a male. It was Jungkook, who fell asleep. His head hung sideways when Joy stood up and supported his head with a hand. "Aigoo you are going to hurt you're neck with what you are doing." She excused herself, transferred to the empty seat beside Jungkook and made him place his head on her shoulder. I snorted. Aish, really. Jungkook is my friend but sometimes I do get jealous with the amount of attention Joy gives him. Sometimes I wish I was him. If I was him, maybe Joy will also look at me the same way.

    But then putting that aside, Joy was right. Those two really need all the help they could get from us.

SEULGI'S POV

    I pulled back and closed my eyes, trying to sleep. With my situation right now, the best thing to do is act like I am asleep. Just wait till I get my freakin' hands on you Olaf and Doongdoongie. I know you did all this. Take care of my tickets huh? Like I don't know what you are planning to do?

    Hoseok was also unmoving beside me, watching some action film on his laptop. Yeah, just cooperate well, Hoseok. Then we will be good. Don't do anything, I might just freak.... Oh no. My whole body suddenly hardened when his fingers came in contact with my hand. I can't explain the sensation that the contact sent through my whole body but I know this was the same sensation I felt before whenever he touched me. It has already been too long since I last felt this, it was painful, but at the same time it felt so good too. Seulgi! Stop! Just what were you thinking?

    No Seulgi. Don't be too weak. You don't need to have me back in your life anymore, Hoseok. You have already hurt him enough, Kang Seulgi. This is stupid. Why do you have to touch me again when I am trying my best to avoid you? This is pure torture Hoseok, just please stop it.