CHAPTER 9- WITH SWEET WORDS, SECRETS AND ULZZANGS

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 9- WITH SWEET WORDS, SECRETS AND ULZZANGS

SEULGI'S POV

    I was in my studio working on my new design which will be used for a competition, it was a Sunday and barely got sleep because of the designs I need to finish by tomorrow. Time was running short and my body was really tired I did not notice I fell asleep on my table.

    I was awakened by a strong pair of arms carrying me to the sofa.

    "Omona! Huh, oh Hoseokie. You surprised me," I wrapped one arm around his neck for support while the other one, I used for rubbing my eyes.

    "Aigoo, I was trying hard not wake you. I wanted to carry you gently to the sofa bed." He went on with his signature duck face which I love. I surprised him by kissing his lips. He was startled and tried to regain composure by clearing his throat. I just laughed. "You must have really missed me." He gently laid me on the sofa bed and sat down on top of my head so I can put my head on his lap.

    "Nae, I thought you will be arriving later, the four of us could have fetched you in the airport. I could give a critique on your airport fashion." He was combing his fingers on my hair, it made my eyes droopy. I was about to fall asleep again.

    "Aniyo, its okay. I don't want the hair of my baby stripped off her head by some fans waiting for us there." He bent down to kiss the tip of my nose. Oh my, how I miss his scent.

    "Ah, yes your fans. They do get a bit scary, I agree. Good thing you came here in one piece. You must have mastered disguising and hiding really well." I took his free hand and wrapped it around my shoulder for warmth. He took the remote control beside the lampshade and the tv.

    "Uhm hm. It takes a bit of talent, jagiya. Why don't you sleep for now? You must be  very tired." He pulled the blanket and covered my body with it but I changed position. I got off from his lap and placed my self beside him, hugging his waist and resting my head on his chest. I knew he got surprised but who can blame me?

    "Oh this is nice... And warm." I snuggled closer.

    He laughed. "I think I should get used to this."
    
    "Yes, you should." I affirmed. "And when I wake up, I'd like to see you beside me still." 

    His arms hugged me a little tighter. "Don't worry my love. This time, I'm never leaving you, ever." 

IRENE'S POV

    "At one, two, three!" Seulgi took down the curtain and that was when I saw myself. 

    "Oh my gosh! Is, is this really me?" I held my face, it was glowing. It isn't shabby anymore. My hair was done in soft curls at the end. My teeth were withouth the usual fences I see. The pink balloon dress and shoes that Seulgi picked perfectly framed my body and showed the great change I went through. I went closer and touched my reflection. "I look..."

    "Amazing, honey," I turned around to see my Mom and Dad coming in. "Great job girls. Especially you Seulgi." My Dad turned to her and Seulgi bowed.

    "It's my pleasure, Samchon. Anything for our favorite Eonnie." The three of them high fived. Mom came to me and gave me a big hug. "Oh our baby is now a lady. I'm so happy that you have already shown yourself as a beautiful flower."

    "Mom," I hugged her back and I looked at my Dad who nodded at me. "Thank you, Mom, Dad."

    "It's time to show everyone who you really are now, ddariya. You are a Bae. A beautiful and intelligent Bae. Stop hiding behind your glasses and clothes. You are young, beautiful and intelligent. Enjoy it," said Dad. "You deserve it."

    "Kamsahamnida, Abeojji." I walked to him and hugged him. After I let go, I faced my cousins, "And you three, you owe me an explanation." They raised their arms in surrender and I laughed. "Just joking, haha! Thank you very much."

    "Its a big thanks to our Fashion Queen here," Wendy pointed to Seulgi.

    "Ani, we all had our part," Seulgi shook her hand.

    "Yah group hug!" said the ecstatic Joy. The four of us gathered together and hugged. I am so blessed to have these cousins. They maybe naughty at times but I could not ask for more. I love this girls.

    "Now who is up for a feast?"Mom bursted. We all raised our hands and cheered. "Yay!"

HYUNA'S POV

    I was walking alone in school to my class. I was excited because today I will be meeting Jin again. They came back from their show abroad yesterday but I was not able to meet him because I was in Busan with my family.

    I walked past a group of students. They were talking excitedly about some beautiful girl. What's the fuss about anyway? There are lots of beautiful girls in school. Its a big deal only if you are an ulzzang. I didn't mind them and continued.

    I suddenly heard my friend, Nam Jihyun, calling me. She ran towards me. "Yah Hyuna-yah! You know Bae Irene of 2nd Year Biology, right?"

    "Huh, no, not that much. Waeyo?" I stopped on my tracks and faced her.

    "But she's the girl who helps Jin with his studies right?"

    "Nae, so?" I was getting more confused at the moment."She's a bit geeky."

    "Oh my gosh Hyuna. You won't believe what I have to say to you. She's an ulzzang!" Her eyes went big like saucers (I'm overreacting).

    "What? Why an ulzzang? She's... Like one of the weirdest in our school, how could she become an ulzzang?" How can a geek like her become an ulzzang? That's just absurd.

    "Oh no, she's so, oh you just have to see her. She is a miracle! By the way, I need to go. My class is in five minutes. Bye!" I watched as she ran off to her building. I was left there deep in thoughts. Ulzzang? I can really put a finger to it. 

    Suddenly someone placed an arm around my shoulder. "Jin!" I said as I turned around, ready to hug him. I stopped midway upon finding out it wasn't him. "Chansung?" I frowned at the sight of him.

    "Whoa! Why do you have to show me that expression?" He ran a finger across my face, I slapped it off. "Don't touch me," I said through gritted teeth.
    
    "You know it hurts me when you act as if I am disgusting, right? Why do you have to do that? Last Friday at the club you weren't even like that." He smirked. I became scared. 

    "Shut up Chansung. Don't you dare say a word about it." I glared at him. "That night was a mistake. I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing."

    "Really? I thought you enjoyed it? You were even calling out my name." he went closer and whispered in my ear. "We could do it again next time, if you want. I'd be glad to have you again."

    "No, not in your wildest dreams, Hwang Chansung." Someone suddenly called out my name which made jump in surprise. I turned to see Jin walking towards me.

    "Oh hi Jin." I tried to act as calmly as I could. He gave me a peck in the cheek and placed his arms on my waist. "Hey, Chansung," he greeted.

    "Hey," Chansung tapped his shoulder. "Welcome back." Jin nodded at him. Chansung turned to me and told me, "Think about it, Hyuna. I'll be glad to be of help." He then said goodbye and turned away.

    "What was that?" Jin asked.

    "Eobseoyo. Don't mind him. It's just something for our project he keeps insisting to do but I don't think it will work." I brushed some strands of hair off my face. Its a relief he is gone now. I don't want anything to do with him anymore and whatever happened that night, I wouldn't want Jin to find out anything about it. He can't go anywhere near Chansung, needless to say, be left alone with that creep.

JIN'S POV

    Joohyun-ah!- Jin

    Nae?- Irene

    Bogoshipo- Jin

    Haha, nice one, Seokjin-ah- Irene

    Waeyo? You don't want to see me?- Jin

    Hmmmm, not yet. I'm shy.- Irene

    "Aigoo this kid!" I played with my phone. "I always tell her she's beautiful and she is still shy."

    "What was that hyung?" Namjoon asked, over hearing me murmurring to myself.

    "Nothing." I told him.

    "It's Irene right? You miss her company." he guessed. I was taken aback by his comment. Why is it that everyone seems to think that about me and her.

    "You really think she is beautiful hyung?" he asked. "Everyone thinks she is a geek. Just another intelligent girl in school."

    "Yah! She's beautiful. Inside and out." I was angry hearing that. I stood up and towered over him

    "Okay, okay! I was just saying. Okay, I give up. I was just saying what people think." He raised both hands in surrender. "Aigoo, what love does." 

    I took out my phone and told her to meet me at our tree house. Suddenly, the five boys came running in our studio.

    "Hyung! Hyung! Oh no, you won't believe what just, oh no! Just wow!" Taehyung was super excited about something. Same goes for the others. "Irene, Irene-noona."

    "Yah, speak straight. Tell me what's up." I brought my full attention to them. Namjoon pulled a chair beside me and also was all ears to the boys.

    "Hyung! She's.... She's." He was hyperventilating. Yeah, the overacting alien. Jimin knocked the back of his head. "Aigoo, we are getting nowhere with you. Jungkook you go say it."

    "Nae hyung. Noona, she is an ulzzang! Hyung, she is an ulzzang!" Jungkook was also so excited. He was slamming his hands on the table.

    "What do you mean an ulzzang?" I was confused.

    "Oh it's my girlfriend, I confirmed it from her. She said they forced her into a makeover after Irene noona had her braces taken off." Jhope looked so proud of his girl.

    "We heard students talking about her. She is the main topic of the whole school. They call her the ugly duckling turned swan." Suga took a seat, acting all sleepy but had a grin on his face. He was acting all cool again but obviously was all excited about the issue. "What have you been doing all day not knowing about it? Its all over the school."

    "Obviously, he's with Hyuna. The girl c an't take her hands off him." Namjoon was tapping his fingers on the table.

    "Have you seen her?" I asked them.

    "Not yet but everyone said she looks so.... Angelic. Oh, I wonder what she looks like?" Taehyung had his dreamy eyes on. For sure if girls saw it, they will go like 'Oh he is so cute. I wanna pinch his cheeks!'

    I sat there, still unable to comprehend the situation. These past few days have been so confusing to me. While I was abroad, I kept wishing I were beside her. I missed her presence. I know I should be thinking about Hyuna but it was the other way around. But I never felt it was wrong.

    I took my bag and said goodbye to the boys. I hid behind glasses and a snapback and asked our stylist to get me a cab. I dialled Joohyun's number.

    "Yeoboseyo?" I heard her voice.

    "I'm on my way to our tree house. Meet me there." I knew my voice was insistent but I don't care. I just had to see her. I closed my phone my hands were sweating. I was so nervous and I didn't know what to expect. I just longed to see her. I ran to the tree house and found no one there. I crashed my body down on the sofa, frustrated, not to find her there. "Aish, she doesn't listen."

    I closed my eyes and rested my arm on my forehead. "Kim Seokjin, this is ridiculous. How can you like two women? " I sat there for a few minutes and that's when I heard the door opening. I stared at her as she went in the door. She stood there with a light pink dress and a pair of open sandals. She was staring at the floor, too shy to look at me.

    "Annyeong, Seokjin-ah. Its nice to see you again." I stared at her, my heart was racing.

    She covered her face with her hands. "I know I changed. That's why I was so shy to show myself to you," she said in her muffled voice. "Just tell me if you don't like, I'll just..." I didn't let her finish her phrase. I took her hands away from her face and cupped it with mine.

    "Aniyo, I love it. You... You look wonderful. Beautiful. You look perfect."  I looked into her eyes and smiled. That's when I realized, nothing felt more right, more... perfect than this.