CHAPTER 29- GOODBYE, KANG SEULGI

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 29- GOODBYE, KANG SEULGI

NAMJOON'S POV

    I kept turning my phone in my hand, nervous about the fact that they gave me the job of telling Hoseok that the venue for the formal dinner that day was transferred to a different location. Okay, I hate lying. Really, but then they said that I was the most convincing in times like these since I am BTS's leader. Argh, just wait  until get my hands on that Jimin.

    Today is our second day in Maldives and we went diving with the girls just this morning.

    "Oppa! Omoya! The fish down there are amazing. Wow! Also the coral reefs! Whoa! Daebak!" I heard Wendy say to Suga. We were all enjoying the view of Maldives. We took the sea planes and took pictures from an aerial view, went whale watching. While in the boat, Jimin sat beside me and started whispering.

    "Hyung, I need to talk to you, privately." He was tilting his head towards me, trying to keep his voice down.

    "You up to something, aren't you?" He nodded. "Nae hyung but it's something I need to keep between us. Something about Hope-hyung."

    I looked to Wendy's and Joy's direction. It seems like they are also into it, seeing them talk secretively, away from the group. A few hours after, Jimin and I decided to hit the pool.

    "What's up? What is it that you need to be talking to me in secret?" I said, dipping myself in the water with him, sunglasses on. "Oh, yeah this is life."

    "Ah, about that Hyung. There is a formal dinner this evening right? You see part of the plan is to have Hope-hyung and Seulgi have a separate dinner together. An alone time with just the two of them. They should get there acts together, they can't forever be avoiding their feelings for one another when its totally obvious they still love one another." I thought about his statement. Ok at least I gotta try right?

    As I flipped my phone, I saw Wendy walking towards me, with Suga, who was holding her by the waist. They were also already dressed up for the formal dinner. "So have you done your job?" she asked, her eyebrows raised in concern. I shook my head.

    "You better do it fast before they find out." Suga had a tone of exasperation in his voice, seeing how slow I was in doing my job. 

    I stared at Hobi's number and clicked on green call button on my screen. I placed my phone on my ears and waited for him to pick up his phone, tapping my fingers on the table.

    'Yeobeoseyo? Oh, Namjoon-ah. What's up?"- J-hope

    'Yo, man. Venue's changed. Let's meet by the seaside.' - Namjoon

    'Huh, why so suddenly? Are you sure?' - J-hope.

    'Nae, I met one of the facilitators. He told me.' -Namjoon

    'Ah, nae. I understand. See you there, then.' - J-hope

    I closed my phone and looked up the two. "Hope that was convincing enough."

    The three of us walked out of my room and went to Irene's to inform her about the plan. 

    "You did what?" Her eyes grew big upon knowing our plan. We just nodded. "Aigoo, Seulgi is stubborn, you know. That stubborn stubborn type.""

    Jin suddenly arrived and the atmosphere became really awkward, seeing him and Irene look at each other. Jin looked away from her and said hello to us. We also filled him in with the details.

    We all walked to the ballroom but Irene said she'll stay behind to wait for Kris and Crystal. Jin looked at her with what I think was a longing stare but Irene looked away. Aigoo, these couples (if they fit in that category) are so complicated. I'll just be here in my swag world.

NO ONE'S POV

    Seulgi walked across the Maldivean sand while holding on to her dress. Why did they have to change the venue? She thought. It was such a short notice. She saw a nicely lit area not far away and decided that it must be the new venue, but where are all the people? She was suddenly taken aback by the sudden invitation to the area by one of the waiters.

    "Ms. Kang Seulgi?" She stared at the waiter, whose hand was yielded towards her. 

    "Yes." He asked her to follow him towards the candlelit area.

    "Uhm this must be a mistake. Isn't this supposed to be a formal dinner, where are all the guests?" Seulgi asked the waiter as he ushered her to sit down.

    "Wait, where are the other guests?" Seulgi asked him.

    "He will be coming any minute now, Maam." He served her a glass of red wine. Seulgi sat there wondering what was happening. She drank from the wine that was in front of her when she suddenly stood up seeing the person who was coming.

    "Hoseok!" He also seemed surprised by the situation, seeing the look on his face. Seulgi tried acting calm and composed but was actually rattled by what is happening. Hoseok continued walking towards Seulgi and spoke, "I guess we were set-up, hmm. Namjoon told me to come here. How about you?"

    "Wendy did," she answered. She looked down not wanting to stare at him straight in the eyes and got her bag. "Let's go to the ballroom," she said in a cold manner.

    "It's a pity how this was beautifully set-up yet we can't get to experience this." He forced a smile on his face,  knowing that our situation was really awkward. I understand the que so I placed my bag back on the table, and slowly sat back down. Hoseok sat down and continued staring at Seulgi. He knew they were no longer together but Seulgi's effect to him never changed. His heart raced whenever he feels her presence. It only did for her, after all, she was the only woman he loved.

    With a slow, sweet music in the background, their dinner was served. They ate in silence. Dead, awkward silence. Hoseok would sometimes, steal glances at Seulgi but she would keep her head down. Not being able to take the silence anymore, Hoseok stood up and walked up to her. He held out his hand to her and said, "Can I have this dance?"

    Seulgi looked up to him, speechless. How could he still be like this after everything she said before? A lot of things are going on in her mind but the sound of his voice brought her back to her senses. "Please, Seulgi-yah?" She hesitantly gave her hand to him and he brought her in the middle. He tok her hands and placed them around his neck while he carefully placed his hands on her waist. Seulgi continued looking down, not wanting to meet his gaze.

    "I don't really understand what happened to us Seulgi. Tell me, why did you have to leave me like that? At least, give me an explanation." Hoseok looked to her intently but Seulgi still continued not meeting his gaze. "Seulgi-yah, look at me and tell me why you had to leave me."

    "I, ah, Hoseok-ah." Seulgi choked on her words. How can she tell him that he holds her back? That he is the reason she cannot move forward and leave for Paris, that is why she had to let him go?

    "You cannot even give me an answer. Okay then." Hoseok bit his lower lip and took his hand away from Seulgi. "I made that mistake before Seulgi but I never thought of you as a hindrance. After you left me, everyday was like death to me Seulgi but I tried to understand. I want to understand you, I was willing to wait but nothing came. I was like a fool waiting for nothing. I was angry, numb and nothing can help me. I buried myself in work, and now here we are. Worldwide stars but why does it still feel so empty? I wanted to kill the love I feel for you. Anything, just anything to make it disappear but why does it stay? Here." He pointed to his chest, his voice shaking, tears streaming down his face. "But now Seulgi, I think you already chose. I'm going to have to choose my own path now." He wiped away the tears from his face and smiled at Seulgi. "I'm letting you go now. Goodbye, Kang Seulgi." He turned around and walked away, leaving Seulgi staring at his form slowly disappearing from her sight.

 

**** 

 

Update for the day! Too sad Hobi is letting Seulgi go now...

 

I am also sad to tell you that we are nearing the end of the story. I hope you all continue supporting My Heart until the end. Saranghaeyo, my lovely readers!