Chapter 3- I, Bae Irene, am Jin's Tutor

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

Chapter 3- I, Bae Irene, am Jin's Tutor

JIN'S POV

    Juggling between being a celebrity and schoolwork can really take its toll on you. This is what I learned now I'm back a studying. With us being all tired from our schedules and also the follow up work we get from school, it's so sick it makes us wanna puke. Not that I hate school, but really we need help.

    "Hyung, this is so alien," Taehyung said, as he looked at his book with a wrinkled forehead

    "Haha, I thought you are the alien. You should understand that. That's your language," Jungkook said, laughing, which earned him a ball of paper flying from Taehyung.

    "Yah, hyung! That was a joke! Haha! Alien!" Jungkook and Taehyung continued bickering.

    "If only I can be as intelligent as Namjoon hyung," Jimin said as he rested his head on his hand. "But everytime you ask him to teach you something, it just gets harder."

    "Yah! You should be thankful I'm teaching you." Rapmon was together with Suga and J-Hope, who jin didn't know whether was studying or making music again. Some student fans would approach them for autographs. Jimin was not with them because he has a class.

    I remained silent, reading my book. I have read it for like the nth time but Science really isn't my thing. God, I need a tutor, I thought.

IRENE'S POV

    I walked down the corridor with Wendy fifteen minutes before our next class. We are classmates for that period.
    
    "Whoa I can't believe Seulgi ex is J-Hope," Wendy kept repeating in English

    "Shhh... Keep it down. Eventhough I don't know who they are, they're still idols. You down want Seulgi to have her hair pulled out of her scalp."  Irene shushed her.

    "That's why I'm talking to you in English. But it is such a pity that we can't hear the whole of it because KKangSeul came in. I wonder why they broke up."

    I remained silent. Yes it was surprising enough not because her ex is a member of Bangtan but because she never mentioned it to me and Wendy.Bangtan, the word somehow rings a bell inside her head.

    "But Wendy," I started in English, with my usual accent. Never leaves my system. "Do you know this group? Bangtan Sonyeondan?"

    "Nae, they're famous. Their genre is mostly hip hop. Why?" Wendy opened her bag as she took out the book we need for the class. I slowly sat down thinking why the name sounds familiar to me.

    "Do they have member named Kim Seokjin?" I asked.

    "Ah nae. He's a vocal and the visual of the group."

    "Visual? What's that? " I wrinkled my nose as I adjusted my eyeglasses.

    "Wait.. Why are you so interested in Jin? Hmm." Wendy eyed me suspiciously. She smiled in this rather freakish manner which usually gives me the creeps.

    "Huh? A-a-ani. Its, its. Yah stop looking at me like that! You're creepy."

    "Wae, Baechu? Why are you stuttering?" she had all her attention on me now, probably finding it rather amusing how I reacted to the subject.

    "Blimey, Wendy, I was just asking. I kinda bumped into him a few days before." I spoke again to her in English. We, cousins have this mental agreement that we speak in English whenever we don't want people to understand what we are talking about. Well, that is because Englis isn't the first language used here and we are much comfortable with it. I grew up in London, Seulgi in Wales, Wendy in Canada while Joy spent like ten years of her life in Wales and transferred back to Korea after. Wendy always travels to Britain on vacations that is why all four of us grew up like sisters.

    "Whoa! Really??" Really I'm telling you, Wendy's eyes are like as big as saucers now. "Tell me, is he really handsome? Like really?" She was so excited. I nodded.

    "Aw, pity, we are in the same Department but I was never able to get a glimpse of them. I'm a year younger than them. Jungkook, V and Jimin are in the same year as I am but a different class I guess. But I like Suga, he's my personal favorite! Was he there?" Wendy was shaking my arm like crazy.

    "I don't know. I'm not even familiar with them." 

    "Oh. Books and books, really, you are the real bookworm. Go and marry your books, sistah!" She slouched on her chair and cross her arms together.

    I smiled. Blimey, this kid can really be chilidish at times. "But he is a gentleman, though." I said under my breath as I smiled to myself, readying myself for the class.

    After classes ended, Wendy and I walked to look for Seulgi who was still busy with her Design classes. We passed by the old tree where we usually stay when I heard someone call my name.
    "Irene-ssi! Bae Irene-ssi!" A male voice called. Wendy and I turned around to see who it was.

    "O-M-G!" Wendy was awestruck.

    It was Kim Seokjin. My heart fluttered again. How can someone be this breath takingly good-looking?

    "Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted as I bowed to him. Wendy followed.

    "It's nice to see you again." He smiled. "At least this time it isn't by accident like we usually do, bumping into each other. Who's this friend you are with?"

    "Ah, nae. She's my cousin, Wendy Son. Son Seunghwan."Jin extended his hand for a handshake.

    "Bangapseumnida. Kim Seokjin-imnida"

    "Nae, arasso. I'm a fan of BTS."

    "Wow that's great to hear. Kamsahamnida." Jin bowed to her. "So where are you heading?"

    "We are heading to the Design Department. Be picking up our other cousin. How about you? You still have exams? You seem to be studying." I pointed at his book.

    "Nae, we had ourselves excused during the exam period because of prior schedules we had. We went to Tokyo for the Kpop Convention there last week." Jin showed us his book. "Now, I can't even breath for a second because of the exams and even of I study this for the nth time, I still find it difficult to understand."

    Suddenly, Big Mouth Wendy came up with this weird idea. "Jin-ssi, do you need a tutor? Irene here is very intelligent. She might be able to help you." My eyes widened. Just what is she thinking? I faced her and she just continued talking.

    "Wendy!" Oh, I'm so dead meat.

    "Irene is the Golden Girl of 2nd Year Biology Class." Bloody hell, this girl cannot be stopped. "She is the top student in her class. Straight A's, I'm telling you." I looked at Jin like a hopeless freak but his face just brightened up listening to Wendy.

    "Really?" He then faced me. "Could you? Like, be my tutor? I know I sound desperate, but I really am. I miss some classes because of our schedules but I really need to pass. JEBAL! Irene-ssi, please. I could pay you, whatever amount. It's your call. Just please help me." Jin was looking straight at me, his palms together like in a prayer.

    "I'm, I'm okay. You don't really need to pay me though." Oh gosh, really Irene? My dear, my peaceful life.

    "Is that a Yes?" Jin's face glowed. Stop it, Irene.

    I nodded.

    "Wow! Thank you!" He took my hands. "Oh, you don't know how happy you made me today. But really, I can pay. It shouldn't be free. With brains like yours"

    "It doesn't matter. Just think of it as favor a friend made for you," Wendy answered for me. Jin looked at me looking for a confirmation. So, well I nodded.

    "Thank you!" Jin was obviously happy.He insisted on bringing us to Seulgi's department.  I looked at Wendy but she just smiled. 

    "I am sooooo brilliant, am I not, Eonnie?" She smiled so widely. So cunning, yes you are, Son Seunghwan, I thought.