CHAPTER 25- AN OVERSIZED SWEATER AND A CONFESSION

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 25- AN OVERSIZED SWEATER AND A CONFESSION

Everyone, this is a JinXIrene moment. Get your feels ready. <3

************************************************************************

IRENE'S POV

    I was at the rooftop of the hospital, taking some time to breath after a stressful surgery I did with one of my patients. I sat on one of the benches and closed my eyes for a moment. Suddenly I felt someone kiss me on the lips.

    "Kris!" I said when I opened my eyes. He took a seat beside me.

    "Tired? I heard it was a hard one." He handed me a can of coffee.

    "Thanks." I took it from him. 

    "Which one? The coffee or the kiss?" He smiled at me. I just laughed and answered, "The coffee."

    "Yah," he retorted. He took away the coffee from me before I can even drink from it.

    "Hahaha, okay, okay. Also the kiss." He gave me back my coffee and pat my hair.

    "That's my girl."

    "About the surgery, I was worried he might be a table death. Thank goodness, he made it alive. It was like 30% revival rate for him." I closed my eyes again.

    "That's because you are a good doctor." He my hair.

    "No, that was because it's not his time yet. God is good to let him live again." I drank up the last of my coffee and stood up. "Kris, I'll go ahead. I really want to rest. You're shift is until morning right?"

    "Yes, you should rest. It was a difficult day for you." He kissed my forehead. "By the way, don't forget Yifei will be arriving day after tomorrow. She said she wants to see you when she arrives, she said to me."

    "Don't worry I won't forget." I kissed him on the cheeks and left for my car. It was already 8 in the evening. I drove my car to our place but decided to turn back. I suddenly wanted to go to our tree house.

    A few more minutes after, I arrived at the tree house. I inserted the key in to the keyhole and turned the knob. 'This is your home,' I thought. Seokjin said this was also my home. I smiled. I sat down on the desk where we used to study together and took a book to read. Time flew by fast and when I checked my watch it was already near midnight.

    "Omo! I didn't notice it. I need to go home." I stood up and got down from the tree house. It was dark and it suddenly rained hard on my way back to the car. I was soaking wet when I checked my pocket for my keys. "Argh, why are you not here?" I really didn't find my key in any of my pockets. I peeked on my window and saw it still hanging on the keyhole. "Shoot! How could I be so stupid to leave it there?" I ran to the shed nearby. My first instinct was to call Kris. "But he can't just leave the hospital like that. And I promised Seokjin that this place is a secret between the two of us only." I looked at the screen on my phone. I was fighting on the idea whether I should call Seokjin or not. But I can't stay like this and it was dangerous to stay here in the dark all alone. I pressed Seokjin's number and placed the phone to my ears.

    "Yeoboseyo, Joohyun-ah" I heard his voice from the other line.

    "Seokjin-ah, uhm, can you please fetch me at the tree house? I left my keys inside the car. And I'm soaking wet right now, its raining really hard." I bit my lower lip from the cold.

    "Omo! Wait for me there arasso? I'll be leaving now. And stay in the tree house. It might be dangerous to stay outside." I can hear him fixing himself on the other line and running out of their dorm.

    "Nae, arasso." I put my phone back in my pocket, but decided to stay in the shed because it was still pouring. I wrapped my arms around me to keep myself warm. I waited for a few more minutes and I saw a bright headlight of a car so I stood up and checked to see if it was Seokjin. A male figure got out of the car with an umbrella.

    "Seokjin-ah?" I was squinting because of the light.

    "Joohyun!" He ran to me and wrapped me with an extra jacket he brought with him. "I told you to stay in the tree house." He placed an arm around my shoulder and brought me under the umbrella. He guided me to his car.

    "It was raining really hard and it was difficult getting back. Uhm, Seokjin how about my car?" I said right before I get in.

    "Well get back to it tomorrow. Right now, you have to get yourself warm." Yes, I was absolutely shivering. He made me get in his car and the heater. He went to the driver's seat and started the engine. We sat there in silence but I felt awkward.

    "Sorry to call you in the middle of the night, Seokjin-ah. I could have called Kris but..." He cut me off.

    "Ani, I'm happy you called me instead, Joohyun-ah." He placed his hand on top of my hand and smiled. He returned his focus in driving.

    "Where are we going?" I asked him.

    "Well you home is a bit far from here right? My condo is just near. You could stay there for the night. You really need to change into dry clothes. You'll get sick if you stay longer in them." We arrived in a tall building and he led me to his condominium unit.

    "Wow its beautiful. You really did invest well." I said.

    "Nae, I saved for my future and some of it I still give to my parents. I also have a house in Anyang. You see celebrity life is not permanent. Any new group can pop up anytime. We at least have to be ready for that." He walked to his cabinet and pulled out a towel, sweater and shorts.

    "I'm sorry. I only have male clothes here." He handed the items to me and lead me to the bathroom. "Here, you go take a warm bath. It must be freezing for you now. I'll prepare something for you. Do you want something to eat?"

    "Ani, gwaenchanayo. I'll go now."

    "Ok, I'll just prepare something warm for you." He smiled and turned around. I saw him heading to the kitchen. I got in the bathroom and took a warm bath. 

JIN'S POV

    This was awkward, I know but I somehow felt blissful that Joohyun got caught up in that situation. I just got the perfect chance to spend some precious time with her. I headed to the kitchen and prepared a warm cup of chocolate milk for her and me.

    I waited for her as she finished taking a bath and changing clothes. I heard the door of the bathroom open and I walked out of the kitchen with two cups of hot chocolate in my hands. There she was, standing there and patting her hair dry. She looked beautiful in my oversized sweater, as it slipped off a bit to the side showing her pretty collarbones.

    "It's a bit, uhm, loose," she said shyly. "But still thanks, shoulder hyung" suddenly ending it with a joke.

    We both laughed and I  handed her her chocolate milk. We sat by the bar and I watched her drink admiring every angle of her face and body. "Omoya!" she suddenly said. She stood up and went to my bed. "Jinhyun-ah!" She took Jinhyun and hugged him. "Wow, you still have Jinhyun with you."

    "Of course. Why would I throw away my remaining memory of you?"  She stepped out of my bed while still hugging Jinhyun and went back to sit with me. I fixed my sweater on her because it was slipping off again. While I was doing that, I was fighting hard the urge to carress her, it was very tempting.

    "Joohyun-ah, can I ask you  something?" She nodded. "How long has Kris been your boyfriend?" I have been itching to ask her that question for quite some time now.I just didn't know how.

    "Right after we graduated Medschool. Two years now?" She kept hugging Jinhyun. We walked out of the bar and stood outside on my terrace overlooking the city street. "How about you? How are you and Hyuna?"

    "Wendy didn't tell you? I broke up with her, right after you left for London," I said in a matter-of-factly manner.

    "Cheongmal? Waeyo?" she asked as she faced me, surprise evident on her face.

    "I found out her relationship with Chansung."

    "Oh sorry to hear that." She looked down with a sad expression.

    "Yes you should be sorry. Don't you know how lonely I was without you here?" I joked.She looked at me again and pinched my side. I nearly spilled my chocolate and I felt my face glowing red. We both laughed at my silly joke. Actually, it wasn't a joke. That was what I really felt before and until now. Even when she is back in Seoul, she cannot be my woman anymore.

IRENE'S POV

    "So you don't keep in contact with her anymore?" I asked him. We decided to go back inside because it started becoming chilly outside.

    "We still do. I decided to forgive her and remain friends." He said as he started fixing his bed. 

    "You didn't get back together? But why?" I sat on the sofa feeling a bit drowsy. Maybe I was jjst tired.

    "No, not anymore. And besides Hyuna is already married, just three months ago." I watched him getting busy. I started thinking about my feelings for him. Just how it would have been if he just fell in love with me. It was a pity that he only sees me as a friend and I am already engaged.

    I suddenly yawned and lay down on the sofa hugging Jinhyun. He smelled like the perfume Seokjin uses, I smiled. "I'm sleepy, Seokjin. Good night." I closed my eyes but suddenly screamed when he carried me off the couch. "Whoa! Yah what's wrong?" I wrapped my arms around him to support my weight.

    "You... Are not sleeping there." He walked me to his bed and plopped me on it. "You are sleeping here." He smiled in victory after placing me there.

    "But this already too much. You have already helped me enough. I can go sleep there." I tried to stand up but he stopped me by the shoulders and shook his head.

    "Aniyo. I will be sleeping there. Now sleep, you had a long day." He tucked me under the blankets and went to sleep to the couch. I stared at him from the bed as he closed his eyes. At first, he seemed okay with it but a little bit later, I saw him twisting and turning as he adjusted himself in the couch because he was too tall for it. He must not have noticed that I was still awake.

    "Seokjin-ah," I called him in a very low voice. He looked to me. "Uhm, you can sleep beside me." Aish! What are you saying Irene Bae! 

    "Oh, I thought you were already asleep and wouldn't it be awkward for you?" he said. Of course it is!

    "Gwaenchanayo. Its just you and your bed is big enough for the two of us." I moved to give space for him.

    "Are you sure?" I nodded. "Uhm okay." He stood up from the couch with hesitation. I hugged Jinhyun to me as Seokjin stepped in the bed and lay down beside me.

    "I'll just put a pillow in between us," he said. There he was then, placing two pillows between us. "Good night, Joohyun-ah."

    "Good night, Seokjin-ah." I shared to him the blanket and faced the opposite direction. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but it isn't working. I counted sheep in my head but still, no effect. I sighed deeply and sat up. I faced Seokjin and tried to see if he was asleep.

    "Seokjin-ah, you still awake?" I asked, my voice almost a whisper. He slowly turned to me. "I can't sleep," I said. 

    "Come here," he said. He took away the pillows between us and I moved closer to him. I know this is weird since we are just friends but somewhere inside of me said I just want to be beside him right at this moment.

    He placed an arm right above my head and the other hugged me by the waist.

    "Mianhaeyo, Seokjin-ah. I know you are really tired," I told him both my arms held close to me.

    "Ani, gwaenchanayo. I'm really happy to be with you now. You made me really miss you for eight years," he said with eyes closed. He kissed my forehead. "Go on. Go to sleep. You might get sick."

    "Nae." I felt my heart racing again. Just the way it did eight years before. Only he can do that to me and this time it beat harder. Irene what are you doing now? You should not be doing this. You are an engaged woman. This is really absurd. Whatever my head is saying is being denied by my heart. I don't want to do this but I also want it. This is crazy, Irene Bae!

    I tried to push him away, to get him to take his hands off from hugging me but no, I wasn't able to do it. Instead, I also wrapped my arms around him, hugged him and rested my head on his chest. His scent, oh my gosh, this is insane. My head is going berserk. I wanted to stay like this, can time stop now? I guess I'll just have to be happy like this for the night. I closed my eyes and let it bring me to dreamland.

NO ONE'S POV

    The sun rays filled Jin's room and he slowly opened his eyes as it hit his eyes. He looked at Irene, who was in his arms and still asleep. He smiled seeing her beautiful face early in the morning. "Good morning, pretty," he greeted her. She groaned, took her arms off him and turned around to hug Jinhyun instead. Jin stood up and washed his face. He then went to the kitchen and put some coffee beans into the coffee maker. He busied himself in preparing their breakfast as Irene was still asleep. 

    Irene woke up from the sound of Jin cooking in the kitchen. "Good morning, Seokjin-ah," she said as she came to the kitchen, yawning and scratching her head. 

    "Good morning Joohyun-ah," he said as he turned around to look at Joohyun, she was still half asleep, partly closing her eyes as she walked towards Jin.

    "Why didn't you wake me up? I could have helped you prepare breakfast," she said with a bot od slur, probably still sleepy

    Jin walked towards her and made her seat. "Nope I'll prepare it for you.You just sit right there. You are my guest." Irene pouted which made Jin laugh. "No Joohyun. There is nothing you can do to make me change my mind. Just stay there and be a good girl."

    "Nae eomma," she just let him do his thing. Jin went back to his cooking.

    "You know, people say girls look their prettiest in bare face right after they wake up. You proved them right about that," he said while finishing off the breakfast he was preparing. Irene watch him as he placed the food on the plate and prepared their coffee. 

    "Stop flattering me, Kim Seokjin. I might just get used to it." Irene hid her face reddening face with her hair as she spooned a bite from the food he placed before her.

    "I'm not flattering you. I was telling the truth," he said not taking away his gaze from her. They ate the food heartily as they kept talking.

    "There was this concert in LA were V was doing body gags and he kind of slipped and fell on his . It was sooo embarrassing, but you know V. He gets really weird he just made a fun out of himself! People can't stop laughing at him." Irene was laughing so hard, tears fell from her eyes. She fanned her face from so much laughter.

    "Aigoo! He never changed. I wish I was there to watch that." Jin suddenly fell silent and looked at Irene seriously."Seokjin-ah, what's wrong?"

    "A thought just struck me. At the concert in London, just the recent one. I thought I saw you. Joohyun-ah, were you there? It was you, right? Why did you run away?"  Jin was looking at her intently, wanting to know the truth. Irene was trying to look away not wanting to get caught.

    "H-huh? Aniyo, I-i didn't watch it. It was my shift in the hospital that time." Her heart beat fast because she knew she was lying to him.

    "It was you. I am sure of it. Why can't you look at me in the eye?" Irene suddenly stood up and took their empty plates to put it in the sink. "Joohyun-ah, I called out for you during that time, why did you run away?" He grabbed her arm as soon as he placed the plates. Irene was shaking in fear to be found out. "Why did you run away from me? All I wanted that time was to see you, hold you once again but why did you have to run away from me?"

    "Do you really want to know the reason why Hyuna and I broke up?" Jin didn't take his eyes away from Irene. He walked closer to her, his face a few inches away from her. "She knew I was falling in love with you, Joohyun-ah and that was the reason why she hooked up with Chansung. I found out late enough that I love you, you already flew to London." 

    "I tried getting news about you but nobody can tell me your whereabouts I was desperate but can't do anything. But now you are back  nothing else matters to me now. Saranghaeyo, Joohyun-ah" Jin said as he closed the gap between the two of them.

    "Seokjin-ah," Irene said but wasn't able to continue further as Jin's lips crashed on her own and got her caught up in a deep kiss, full of longing for her. His arms s around her thin waist taking her in for a deeper kiss. Irene wasn't able to resist in any longer. She closed her eyes and let herself be drowned in it. She placed her hand on his face, replying to every kiss Jin was giving her. She must be crazy letting Jin kiss her that way but her mind was blank right now and all that was running through it was that very moment. 

    Jin's hand was running down her back it was devastating. He broke away from her lips and kissed her jawline, down to her neck, through her collarbone. He planted soft kisses on her bare shoulder, the oversized sweater slipping off it. Irene can't think straight right now as her hands brushed its way through Jin's hair. She pulled him back to her to kiss her again, her back hitting the wall. Jin gladly let her have her way, kissing her again with so much hunger he held in for eight long years.

    "Joohyun-ah, Bae Joohyun," he said in his low voice, in between kisses. "Saranghaeyo." That was when Irene got snapped back into reality. She pushed Jin away from her and went to the bathroom. She took her already dry clothes and changed in to them. Jin, who was heavily panting, knocked on the door. "Joohyun-ah! Open the door."

    "No Seokjin. What we did right now was completely wrong." She got out of the bathroom, already dressed in her clothes from the day before. "I'm already engaged." She walked to the exit of his condominium. "Thank you for helping me out last night and sorry to barge in." She left Jin in his unit with a forlorn expression on his face. Irene held back her tears but wasn't able to hold it back anymore as soon as she entered the elevator. "How could you do this to me, Seokjin-ah? Stop messing up my mind. I should have been done with you eight years ago." 

******

Okay I'm speechless right now..

Leave your comments everyone. =)


Love lots,

satisakro_chi