CHAPTER 11- JEALOUSY

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 11- JEALOUSY

JIN'S POV

    I ran excitedly to our library. I needed to check something with Joohyun. I know we usually meet each other in the tree house but today we can't because of busy schedules and projects due for school. I was going to have a quiz in my subject in the next two hours, I needed to confirm if I understood what I studied correctly with her.

    I saw her burying herself in books in a corner of the library. I placed a can of juice beside her and sat on the chair right across. "Joohyun-ah!" I smiled at her and did aegyo.

    "You know that is really awkward, Seokjin?" She said as she opened the juice I gave her.

    "But you like it. Admit it, You like it right?" I held her arm and shook it. Some of the juice fell from her lips. "Oops sorry." I took my handkerchief and reached out to wipe off the juice but she winced.

    "It's okay. I'll do it."

    "Ey, let me." I stopped her from taking her handkerchief and did the job. "There you go," I said as I cleaned it up. I stared at her, she is so innocent it's charming.

    I heard someone clear behind me. Joohyun looked up and stood. She bowed to her, "Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Hyuna-ssi."

    I turned to look around. "Oh Hyuna."

    She went to my side and took me by the arm. "May I borrow MY BOYFRIEND?" She said to Joohyun. "Oh, I don't really need to ask permission from you by the way. He IS my boyfriend, anyway." She pulled me away from Joohyun. I looked at Joohyun who seemed to be surprised with the way Hyuna acted. I mouthed sorry to her. She just nodded.

    "Hyuna you didn't have to act like that to Joohyun. She is my friend. At least be polite with her." I was disappointed. I know she can be childish and a bit rude but never with me around. I kind of have a hold on her.

    She folded her arms. "You are always with her and what am I to you now? Jin, you must have forgotten, I am your girlfriend, not her."

    "You don't have to remind me and stop acting like that. we don't have to fight over things like this." Really, I'm tired of this. She can be suffocating.

    "Then at least get yourself together and remember who your real girlfriend is." She left me and stormed out of the library. I stood there thinking about what she said to me.

IRENE'S POV

    I got out of our last class and headed to my locker. I was fixing my things inside when someone suddenly shut my locker in my face. "Omo! that scared me." I jumped in shock.

    "Well you should be scared." It was Kim Hyuna and she looked furious. "You should REALLY be scared when you don't know where you should place yourself, Irene Bae." I backed up my locker. 

    " I don't know what you mean, Hyuna-ssi."

    "Oh come on Irene! I know you are not dumb!" She laughed sarcastically

     Of course, I'm not clueless. I know it was all about Seokjin.

    "I'll get straight to the point then. Stay away from Jin. He's mine, not yours. KEEP THAT IN MIND." She was intimidating, to tell you the truth. 

    "He and I are just friends." I reasoned.

    "That not what I see, Irene. I'm a girl too. But you don't want to be the reason behind a break up right? I know you're intelligent. I think you know very well what to do. Jin is just confused. You are a new flavor to him. Someone he never encountered before. He's just, let's say, curious. Curious of the types of you, he wanted to play around, experiment. One day, when he's done and tired of you, he'll throw you away. He is a celebrity, Joohyun and you just met. He is just bored. As for me, I've been with him long enough for him to treasure me more than he does to you. So you. You best stay away before you get yourself hurt." She turned and left me there, every word burning deep in my mind.

IRENE'S POV

    I was in the grocery and was busy looking for the ingredients Mom asked me to buy for the party we were to hold for my Dad's promotion as Manager in the hospital. I had nothing to do so I volunteered to do the grocery. I asked Seulgi to come with me and help with the errand.

    "Eonnie, how many cream do you need again?" she asked as the craned her neck to check on the cream.

    "Ten." I pushed the cart as I looked at the list my Mom gave me.

    "Whoa! Will you be needing that much.?" Seulgi was pulling out the cream we needed. We continued looking for the other things we need and halfway through it we heard familiar voices so we turned towards them.

    "Joohyun!" It was Seokjin, with his usual disguise. "Oppa!" a girl was running to him and linked arms with him. It was his girlfriend Hyuna. "Oh, hi Irene. And this is Seulgi, your cousin. Am I right?" I suddenly felt my skin burn  when I saw her. "Jin talks about you, his study buddy right?" She held out her hands to shake, acting as if nothing happenned earlier. Seulgi accepted it half heartedly

    "Sorry about the library incident. So, it's true. I didn't really notice it that much in the library." She stared at me from head to toe.

    "Huh?" I reacted, not understanding what she meant.

    "That you really are an ulzzang. I wouldn't have recognized you if I didn't hear the talks in school. My gosh you were that geeky girl Jin bumped into before!" She laughed. Somebody please cover , what a great actress after how she treated me in the locker

    "Hyuna!" Jin tried to reprimand.

    "Ani, I wasn't trying to implicate something. It's just she is some kind of miracle to transform to a girl the boys in school are going crazy for. So tell me, is someone trying to woe you now?" She kept going.

    "I don't see any reason for us to tell you that." Seulgi interrupted. Her voice is tinged with irritation.

    "Oh, I was just saying. Anyway, its good to see you here. I'll be leaving with my sweet boyfriend here." She suddenly kissed Jin on the lips which also seemed to surprise him. "Hyuna, this is a public place!"

    "Why? Can't I kiss my boyfriend anytime I want? You're just shy, I see. Kaja!" She waved at us, with that irritating smile and dragged Seokjin along with her. I stood there, frozen with what I just saw.

    "She's annoying. How did someone like her become Jin's girlfriend?" Seulgi threw the items in her arms to the trolley.

    "She's a childhood friend." I suddenly noticed my hands were gripping the handle so tightly my knuckles turned white. My chest hurt that I felt like crying. Seulgi seemed to have noticed.

    "Eonnie, gwaenchanayo?" she asked. I nodded. We decided to finish grocery fast and leave. We both lost interest in shopping after seeing her rude behavior.

    Night came and I had difficulty sleeping. I just kept rolling in my bed, annoyed. The scene where Hyuna kissed Seokjin kept playing inside my head. "Aish, shut it." I pounded my feet on my bed and decided to stand up.

    Just in time my phone rang. "Yeoboseyo?"

    "Joohyun-ah, you're still awake."

    "Oh, it's you. I was about to sleep." I lied. I was on my way to our kitchen to get some milk.

    "Yah, you don't sound too enthusiastic. Are you not feeling well?" He did sound concerned on the other line but I was still annoyed.

    "I'm just sleepy Seokjin. I'm turning off my phone okay?" I turned off my phone and placed it on the table. I took some milk and sat on a chair trying to cool myself down.

JIN'S POV

    "Hey!" I tried to stop her but she already turned down her phone. "Good..... Night, I guess." I closed my phone and sighed.

    "What was that hyung?" Namjoon came in in his sleeping clothes. He poured himself a glass of water and sat beside me. "Is there something wrong?"

    "It's Joohyun. I think she is angry at me." I tapped on the table, feeling a bit fidgety because this is a first. I never experienced something like this with Joohyun before.

    "Did you do something she will be angry about?" Namjoon asked. I looked back on what happened just this afternoon.

    "Hyuna kissed me. She and Seulgi saw it." Namjoon, who was drinking his water, blew all of it out.

    "Seriously? Ahaha, that's just. Wow!" Namjoon was laughing. 

    I don't understand why he was laughing. I don't see any reason why she should be angry but Hyuna is my girlfriend. "Wow hyung. You're so thick. Just really!"

    "Namjoon tell me." I felt frustrated. I don't want to fight with her or if I did something wrong, I should at least know.

    "I guess you should be the one to find out. But I suggest you do something to apeace her. Even if you don't know what's going on." He finished drinking his water and said good night.

    I sat there facing my phone and started typing.

    'Joohyun-ah, if I did something wrong, I'm sorry. Please don't be angry anymore. I hope we can get to talk tomorrow. Say good night for me to Jinhyun. Good night Joohyun-ah.'- Seokjin

IRENE'S POV

    My phone beeped at I looked to see I got a message.

    'Joohyun-ah, if I did something wrong, I'm sorry. Please don't be angry anymore. I hope we can get to talk tomorrow. Say good night for me to Jinhyun. Good night Joohyun-ah.'- Seokjin

    I closed my phone and messed my hair. "Aish! This is annoying!" I gulped on my milk and messed my hair more.

    "What makes you so annoyed?" My Mom suddenly appeared, coming home from  work. She went to the fridge for some water and sat down beside me.  "Hmmm. Tell me."

    "Mom, it's... It's embarrassing but I think I like my friend." I couldn't look at my Mom. This is so embarrassing, telling her I like someone. I never felt it before, so I'm not sure. I just feel like I need to tell someone. I know I'll explode if I don't.

    Mom held my hand. "That's great to hear! So, what is he like?"

    "Mom, he is really nice. He was the only person who showed me I am not just a mere wallflower. He showed me I can also be different, beautiful. And with that I learned to love, but only I know it." My voice shook. Now I know I was jealous. Jealous that I love him but he is in love with someone else. That I know he will never be mine and Hyuna will never allow it too.

    "He is in love with someone else." I slouched, feeling all my energy drain from me. "Mom, what should I do?" I cried in front of her. I can't take it anymore. I've been trying to deny it, knowing my limitations with him.

    My Mom hugged me and rubbed my back. "Its okay, ddariya. You can cry. Its not wrong to love especially when he made you feel special. If it doesn't really work out,   at least you experienced how it feels to love."

    I sat there staring at an empty space. I wish just for once he could be mine but I know, he will never be. He will just be someone who will make my heart race, make me stare at him all day, make me wish time could stop, make me love him.

******

Second update for the day! Yay!

 

Some Irene vs. Hyuna here, everyone.

And yeah, NAmjoon's right, JIn is so thick. Hahaha!

 

Don't forget to comment! I really read them and appreciate each one. =)