CHAPTER 21- MEETING YOU.... AGAIN

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 21- MEETING YOU.... AGAIN

JUNGKOOK'S POV

    It has been bothering me and V for days already. Irene-noona is engaged and is back in Seoul and we can't even tell the other boys, most especially Jin-hyung.

    "Jungkook-ah, now what? Should we tell him?" V-hyung asked me while we were left alone in the dance studio.

    "Don't ask me. I don't even know what is the right thing to do now." I lay down on the floor and looked at the ceiling. This love thing, it's really complicated.

    "Should we tell Namjoon-hyung? It's really heavy in the chest, just keeping it between the two of us. I think I'll go crazy. Irene-noona is getting...." Taehyung was suddenly cut off. We both looked at the door. I got up and stared at Jin hyung who came in with Namjoon hyung.

    "Tell me what?" Namjoon hyung said.

    "Irene? You have news of Joohyun?" Jin hyung asked, his face suddenly looked expectant. Oh shoot! Now how do we explain this?

    "Ah! I-Irene noona got back to Korea two days ago. That's it!" I said.

    "And!" I knew Taehyung was about to talk about the engagement. I squeezed his hand hard. "Ah, yah!" He shouted at me but I didn't care.

    "And she's going to work at the Seoul University Hospital." I ended it there. "She'starting today."

    Jin hyung suddenly excused himself and ran out. Namjoon hyung was eyeing us suspiciously.

    "You, both of you. You are not telling the whole truth aren't you?" Taehyung and I stared at the floor. "Nae hyung."

    "What is it then?" he asked.

    "Irene noona is.... Engaged." I said. Namjoon hyung was silent. Seems like today he doesn't have the answer to our question then.


JIN'S POV

    I got into my car and drove away from the Big Hit Building. I know this is foolish but I just need to confirm Jungkook and Taehyung were right. I needed to see her. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. It was exhilarating. The blood rushed into my nerves at the thought of Joohyun back in Korea. I didn't know what to expect but all that matters now is I will see her again.

    I arrived at Seoul University Hospital. People screamed at the sight of me. "It's Jin! Jin of BTS!"

    I ran to the reception. "May I ask where is the office of Dr. Bae Joohyun?" The nurse seemed starstruck. She just stared at me. "Agassi, office of Dr. Bae Joohyun, please. Or Irene Bae." She snapped out of her trance and gave me the room number. "But Sir, do you have an appointment with her?"

    "Just tell her I am an old friend from school, thank you." The receptionist called her office and when she got an approval, she led me to the office. I thanked her and stood in front of her door. I suddenly became nervous. I held my chest and I felt my heart beat faster than the usual. What should I say to her? Well, that doesn't matter any more. The important thing is she's back.

IRENE'S POV

    I heard a knock on the door while I was busy unpacking and fixing my things in my new office. I wondered who it was because I got a call from the receptionist that it was an old school friend. I walked to my door and opened it. 

    "Annyeonghaseyo, Joohyun-ah." It felt like the world stopped moving. I saw him again, and not just on stage like the way I did in London. He was in front of me, right in front of me.

    "Seokjin-ah." I didn't know how to react. I just stared at him like a fool.

    "Aren't you going to let me in?" He asked with a smile.

    "Oh, oh, come in." I panicked because my office was still a mess. I fixed the things that was in a disarray. "I'm sorry about the mess. It's my first day so I'm still fixing my things. I wasn't expecting a visitor."

    "I'm so sorry to barge in without prior notice, Joohyun-ah," he said, as he walked in the office.

    "Aniyo. I was just a bit surprised but I'm glad to see you again." I faced him and smiled. What he did next was beyond my expectation. He took me into his embrace and whispered, "I miss you, Joohyun-ah. Thank you for coming back." Feeling him again was surprising. It felt like all the feelings I buried eight years ago are all coming back.

    "You are not angry at me?" I asked him, still in his embrace.

    "Aniyo, if you left, you must have your reasons, right?" I nodded. You were the reason, I thought.

    "Irene, let's..." Kris voice suddenly filled my office. I gently pushed Seokjin away from me.

    "Kris!" I said.

    "Oh, you have a visitor," he said. I walked to his side and faced Seokjin. Kris placed his arm around my shoulder.

    "Seokjin-ah, uhm, this is Kris Wu, my fiance." 

JIN'S POV

    "Seokjin-ah, uhm, this is Kris Wu, my fiance," Joohyun said. It felt like a bucket of cold water was thrown all over me. Fiance? Somebody explain to me what is happening right now. I stood there frozen and as looked at Joohyun's hand, there I saw a diamond ring beautifully wrapped around her finger.

    Kris walked towards me and offered his hand for a handshake. "Hi, I'm Kris, and you are?"

    "I'm Kim Seokjin, Joohyun's.... friend." I stared at her, my head is still not processing the information properly. She just looked at me.

    "Joohyun huh?" Kris said with a questioning look in his face.

    "Yes, he and I got used to calling each other that way. Seokjin is my friend from university here before I returned to London. We were study buddies. He is a member of BTS, a K-pop group." Joohyun explained in English.

    "BTS? You mean the hip hop group? My little sister is your fan." He said with a smile.

    "Ah that's nice to hear." I tried to act as naturally as I could. "Maybe when she get's to visit Korea, we BTS can meet her." 

    "Oh, she will be glad to hear that. And also it's good to hear that Irene here has some good friends. Sometimes I get the feeling she is an anti-social," he joked as he squeezed Joohyun by the shoulders. She shot him a glare and a light punch in the stomach. They really seem close. My heart dropped at the sight of them. I guess it was too late for us.

    I excused myself and said goodbye to them.

    "Why don't you have lunch together with us?" Kris invited me but I declined.

    "We still have a schedule in SBS. I need to get back to Big Hit. I just came to welcome Joohyun back. Anyway, I need to go. It's nice to see you again, Joohyun-ah." I waved goodbye at them and turned to leave the office.

    I walked down the corridor with a forlorn expression. She's engaged? And I wasn't even able to tell her what I truly feel for her. I wasn't even given the chance to fight for it. Regret filled me up. I should have followed her to London. But how could I even do that when she was not giving out any information where to find her. Joy and Wendy were also mum about it, most probably asked by Joohyun not to speak and Seulgi also suddenly flew to Paris. I was kept in the dark.

    I drove back to Big Hit Building. The boys were all there and preparing for the guessting in SBS. They all looked at me as I went in, waiting for some kind of news.

    "Hyung, how... Did it go? Did you meet Irene-noona?" Jimin asked.

    "Nae." I was not in the mood to talk but I just knew I need to let it all out. "She's engaged." The boys remained silent. I knew I had to act well, we have a performance later and I can't bust it all because of my personal feelings. I cheered up, putting up a front that I am okay. I know they know how I am feeling right now but we are professionals. If I have to wallow up in grief, I have to do it later.


SEULGI'S POV

    I drove my car around Seoul, searching for Joy's shop. I came back to Korea the night before and I suddenly felt I was back home. There it is, HAPPINESS. Really suits Joy's name.

    I got in the shop. The chimes sounded and Joy looked up. " Seulgi-eonnie!" she shrieked. She jumped out the counter and ran to me.

    "Joy!" I said as I opened my arms and hugged her. "Oh, it's good to see you again."

    "Ey, you should have told me that you were coming, I could have prepared something for you." She pouted.

    "You know I eat anything you do." We sat down and she ordered something for me.

    "So eonnie, what brought you here?" she asked.

    "I got a project from Seonsaengnim. She said a company wants me to design clothes for a group for their new music video." I took a bite of the cake in front of me. "Oh, you really did get a lot better Joy! This is heaven." 

    "Thanks eonnie. So which group is it?" Joy was grinning widely, apparently curious which group's clothes I will be designing.

    "That's the problem. I don't know yet. She didn't give me the details yet, she only told me to go back to Korea. I'm still waiting for her instructions." I was also wondering which group will it be. I hope she tells me already. I am also excited for my new project.

    I was suddenly caught off guard by her next question. "Eonnie, did you try to contact him? You know, Hoseok-sunbaenim?" I suddenly put my coffee down. I was actually expecting her to ask me that but, still talking about him is awkward.

    "Ani, I see no reason to do that." I drank my coffee again. My face hardened, hiding any emotion that might come out of it.

    "But eonnie," she tried to retort.

    "Do we really have to talk about it Joy?" If there was something I wanted to avoid talking about that would be Hoseok.

    "But Eonnie, you left eight years ago because of your ambition. You left without saying anything to Hoseok-sunbaenim, no closure. Unlike him, who at least tried to talk to you when you broke up before, you just left Eonnie. He was expecting you to be there when he performed in Inkigayo. Can you imagine how hurt he was that day that you didn't come only to find out you already flew to Paris?" Joy tried to explain. I can't take this anymore. I suddenly checked my phone and stood up. I tried to find an excuse, "I need to go Joy. Cornelia Seonsaengnim emailed me to meet my new client." I didn't wait for her to answer. I took off and left the shop.


******

There you go my lovelies!!! A triple update! Yaaaaay! Happy Valentines Day Everyone!