Chapter 8

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, I wasn’t expecting something like a good day ahead or bright clear sky to lighten up my mood. Going through the day without getting into any trouble would already be enough. Lately, I’d been feeling that this place called school wasn’t really somewhere fun to spend the day. It used to be cool when I could hang out with people and be occupied with school activities rather than stay alone in my bedroom. Well, I liked the idea of locking myself in my room, immersed in my favorite dramas till the day ended but doing that everyday was just making me feel useless. It was a great stuff to do on relaxing weekends but not every single day. It was like eating your favorite meal again and again you thought you were gonna puke.

Now that I’d gotten into more and more trouble, probably one day I’d change my mind that staying in my bedroom would make me far better off. I wasn’t over the incident the day before. It was still fresh in my memory how Kim Hye Jeon threatened me and snatched my pride away. I’d never been treated like that and seriously thought that human beings should be treated with respect and care. No matter what your social status, age, or whatever was. But then you couldn’t expect every single mankind to live up to your expectation. I wasn’t planning on being childish and getting any revenge for what she did to me but I swore to watch out more for my surroundings. In case, she decided to put a trap and humiliated me in front of the whole school. That girl was mean, dangerous, merciless, you named it. I wasn’t going to waste my time dealing with that person. I might be younger in age but I sure as hell acted more mature. What on earth could be more childish than ing around, accusing innocent one on trying to snatch her boyfriend away?

“So I see that you’re not passing out after yesterday’s chores.”

I snapped my head to the right, watching the girl her backpack and began taking out a thick textbook.

“Tch, no. It’s Yoon Chae Rim’s duplicate you’re talking to.” I replied sarcastically and mimicked what she was doing.

“Geez, you’re no fun. Can’t take joke, can you?” She began to sulk, narrowing her eyes at me.

Ignoring her, all I gave was a shrug “Well, your joke’s damn funny.”

“Oh Lord, what do I do with this girl?” She mumbled to herself then swung the textbook at me and I ducked just in time to make her even more pissed off.

“You think you’re fast huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?” I couldn’t help but chuckle when she whacked the book against my arm, switching from one arm to another repeatedly. We probably looked like desperate five-year-olds getting into argument but I could care less. Eun Byul had always been a great friend. We always had a great time.

 

The mid day came fast. It had always been a break I longed for. But honestly, I had no idea what’d gotten into me that I didn’t really feel like enjoying it today.

“Come on, we’ve got to find a seat.”

I could feel a tug on my sleeve and when I turned my head, Eun Byul was already on her feet, motioning me to hurry up and leave. So I followed her lead, trying to pretend that Kim Hye Jeon wasn’t hawking at me while I passed through her class. Well, but if I were to look at the bright side, I was grateful that it wasn’t Tao standing there or I’d be forced to share the same table with two people I least wanted to see.

“You know, you’re kind of weird today. Well, not like you haven’t been so far but yeah….you daydream a lot.”

For Eun byul to voice that, it was either the fact that she was sharp or I was too obvious. But I’d take the first because I’d been endeavoring to act normal despite what happened the day before.

“I saw that witch staring at you like she was ready to turn you into an alien thingy with a flick of her manicured nails.”

She hit the bull’s eye but I wasn’t going to let her worry even more about me just because of some insignificant snobs. I saw no need to make the problem worse. I planned on acting indifferent and ignorant to escape Kim Hye Jeon’s play. I had no business with her whatsoever.

“You tell me when has she never looked at me that way.” I shrugged, picking up a tray and got into the line.

Simply waiting for her reply was damn nerve wrecking. My acting was probably quite convincing and I silently heaved a relief sigh when she agreed “Hmm.. you’ve got a point there. I can’t really figure out when.”

“Pretty ladies, do you mind if we cut in front of you? We’ve got very urgent business in fifteen minutes.”

I turned around, getting a sight of Kris and a tall guy I remembered seeing the day I got into detention. He was Park…. Whatever his first name was. The two boys were standing at the side, talking to a line of female students behind me.

It didn’t even take a second for all of them to shake their heads, their movement matched each others’ you’d think that they had practiced beforehand. Waving their hands, almost all of them shouted ‘Of course not. Go ahead.’ I could see other guys’ faces clearly showing deep annoyance and I had to admit that it was rather unfair how the two just asked for the girls’ permission, considering how there was a mix of two genders in the line. Yeah, but looking at the two, probably all they cared about was the creatures called ‘females’.

“Thanks ladies. You’re the best.” I saw the tall guy whose name I didn’t really care for blew a flying kiss and just like magic, squeals broke out everywhere, giving me a throbbing headache.

“Eh? Chae rim ah…I’m so sorry but I’m seriously in hurry.”

I was at the front of the line, setting my tray on the table and almost get my plate filled with my favorite curry rice when another tray shoved mine aside.

“Oppa!!” I protested, raising my head up to look at Kris. “Just what is it? Basketball training?”

“Nah.”

“Detention?”

“Nah.”

“Just what is it that makes your so-called urgent business comes first and my grumbling stomach second?”

“Let me guess. Cheerleading audition.”

“You get that right baby. Not only are you pretty but you’re also damn smart, Jang Eun Byul.”

I rolled my eyes at the most ridiculous reason I had eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter