Chapter 19

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you follow me?” I raised my eyebrows, shooting the guy a suspicious look.

He scoffed “Getting forgetful, aren’t you chae? Aren’t you the one who told me about this favorite spot of yours?”

I swallowed, running out of words to counteract the truth of his statement. I did tell him but that was a while ago so I didn’t expect him to remember. 

He took a few firm steps, closing the distance between us. “Are you playing dumb or simply stupid?”

I narrowed my eyes at him, anger boiling inside me. It was only a matter of time before I exploded. Someone like him had no right to call me stupid. 

The rush of adrenaline kicked in from all the amplified rage I was feeling as I shot up from my seat and charged towards him. Pushing him by the shoulder, I yelled “You have no right to call me stupid, Oh Sehun! If it’s not for your stupid game calling me your girlfriend in front of everyone, my life wouldn’t be so messed up! I wouldn’t be everyone’s target of bully! I would’ve been able to go through this year in peace like a normal student! Those bastards wouldn’t even lay their eyes on me! Those filthy hands would’ve never touched me!!” My trembling voice filled in utter rage and disappointment as I fought to hold back the tears by blinking furiously, hanging tenaciously to the last bit of my dignity as I poured out my hard feelings.

“Now tell me Oh Sehun… What gives you right to call me stupid?” I stared hard into his deep brown orbs, trying to search for an answer. 

The guy looked down at me with an unreadable gaze, his countenance inscrutable masked by invisible barrier extremely hard, if not impossible to take down, making it difficult to read through his mind.

When he didn’t answer, I added “ You see this?” I tugged on the collar of my uniform, revealing the ugly bluish-purple spot on the crook of my neck. I swallowed the feeling of embarrassment “It’s so disgusting I didn’t even want to look at myself in the mirror! You know why?” It was a rhetorical question that I didn’t expect him to answer so I continued “ Because they remind me of those filthy mouth and hands that make me feel so dirty and disgusted with myself. While everyone out there has cute and sweet stories to share about their first kiss and first make-out session, I guess I’ll just have to put up with those painful memories haunting me for the rest of my life. So if someone ever asks about my first kiss then I guess I’d just tell them that it’s from some bastard in high school who was trying to me.”

I hated being so open with him. I never liked saying my thoughts out loud even to people I trusted because it made me feel so vulnerable and I didn’t like people seeing me as someone weak who needed to be protected. I was perfectly capable to take care and stand up for myself.

Sehun didn’t look like he was going to give any response so now that I had finally vent out all the frustration inside me, I brushed past him so that I could go somewhere else to calm myself down but I stopped in my tracks when he grabbed me by the wrist.

“What did he do to you?” He whispered although his tone stern.

A suspicious thought crossed my mind and I my heels to face him. “Did you guys plan this?”

For the first time after all the venting I had done, I saw a slight change in his expression, his pupils dilated in shock. “I didn’t…”

I cut him off, raising a skeptical eyebrow “He hates me. You hate me. It only makes sense for you guys to be together in this.”

“I swear I didn’t..” He stopped midsentence, letting out a deep sigh before he muttered in a low voice “I guess you don’t know me, chae.”

I could be wrong but was it a tinge of hurt in his voice? I didn’t have enough time to process his words as he pulled me towards the bench I was sitting and with an abrupt tug, he set me on his lap. I gasped at the sudden gesture and started to move off him only to have him yank me back so that I was back in the original position, my legs on either side of his. That was the first time after months that I got to look at his face from such a close distance, too close that I could even catch a view of the scar on his right cheek. I could feel my heartbeat began to pick up its speed, my stomach flipping inside out. When realisation hit me, I looked away. I shouldn’t be feeling this way. Worse, not with Oh Sehun. Sehun had his hand on my waist, holding me down firmly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter