Chapter 27

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of my day went on pretty smoothly without any more dramas, scenes or abuse. If there was one thing that could put me in a better mood, it was probably the fact that Eun Byul would be back at school tomorrow. Though I had to admit that it was tough surviving the whole week of terror without companion, at the same time it made me feel a lot stronger. 

I rubbed my arm to ease the pain after I felt myself shoved by a random snob who was sprinting down the hallway. It could’ve been unintentional if not for the smirk and dirty look he gave me when he turned his head and glanced over his shoulder. 

“It’s weird. How come he never came back to class since lunch break? Did he really get into trouble for the fight?” 

I whipped my head around when I heard a voice behind me and that’s when I saw Tao and Jong In walking out of their classroom. Jong In was the first to notice my presence and when our eyes met, he halted his steps, causing Tao to look up from his phone.

“Oh Chae Rim-ah!” Tao greeted me with a smile and Jong In followed suit.

“Why are you here? Not going home?” Jong In asked.

“I am.” I nodded and resumed my pace with the two guys walking casually beside me. 

I didn’t know if the time I spent with them earlier was the reason why the close proximity did not feel as uncomfortable or that it never actually felt awkward being around them to begin with. It only felt so in the presence of their youngest friend. Though I had never really been a talker, those guys never made me feel excluded from their conversation. They did all the talking, cracked the funniest jokes, teased each other in a cheeky way and most importantly rather than laughing at me like the rest of the school did, they laughed along with me.

“Aye I thought you’re here because you’re worried about Sehun too.” Tao commented and grinned at me, his eyes flashing with mischief.

I scoffed “What the hell! I don’t give a damn about that guy. Nobody asked him to pick a fight.”

“Really? It looks like he cares about you tho.” 

I shot Jong In an irritated glare but the guy returned it with a teasing smirk, his face wearing the same expression Tao's did. Enjoying my annoyance, he decided it was a good time to rub salt into the wound when he added “He asked me not to look when you were half in the locker room. It’s like no one else is allowed to look at you in that state.”

I could feel a blush creeping up my neck and onto my face and I was so ready to snap at the tanned guy if Tao didn’t cut me off.

“Wait what are you guys talking about? Half ? You found Sehun and Chae Rim half in the locker room?” Tao gasped.

Tao that idiot. You do NOT put words together randomly to form a sentence that has a completely different meaning. But as if he didn’t mind his friend’s misunderstanding, Jong In simply nodded. Immediately, I lifted my arm and slapped his arm, earning a wince of protest in return.

“You guys are sick.” I shook my head in disapproval while the two burst into laughter, clapping like two happy seals.

“Aye don’t be mad. Just joking alright?”

I shot the two guys another glare though I couldn’t contain my laughter any longer when I saw their faces so I gave in and laughed my heart out. And I was actually taken aback by myself considering how I could barely remember the last time I had such an all-out, carefree laughter. It felt odd, but not in a bad way. We almost made it out of the building when the two guys stopped in their tracks.

“You go ahead. We have to check on Sehun and find out what’s going on. I hope he doesn’t get suspended.” Jong In explained.

I nodded, ready to bid the two goodbye when my eyes caught a familiar figure coming out of a fancy car. Then I turned to Jong In and Tao and found them with their eyes fixed on the same person.

“This is not good. The old man called his parents.” Jong In uttered, eyed still fixed on the lady.

Instantly, Tao added “But look like his dad is not here.”

True enough I only saw Oh Sehun’s stepmother walking over in her midi dress and stiletto after briefly talking to two guys in the parking lot, probably asking for directions because I saw the guys pointing their fingers in our directions as he explained to her what I assumed was the way to the principal’s office.

“Whoaa I still can’t get over the fact that she’s only a few years older than us. Mr. Oh is really something. She is young enough to be called noona.” Tao stated, admiration in his tone as we watched the woman walking towards where we were standing and when she noticed us, she flashed the two guys a friendly smile after sparing me a quick glance.

“Hey boys! I’m glad I meet you guys here. Can you show me the way to the principal’s office?”

The two males greeted her with a bow and I hesitantly followed out of courtesy though it looked like the witch didn’t even acknowledge my presence.

“Did the principal call you, Mrs. Oh?” Jong In asked.

She took off her sunglasses with one hand and stuffed it into her designer purse “The principal called Sehun's father but since he couldn’t make it, I have to come here and find out what’s going on with our Sehunnie. Not to mentio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter