Chapter 30

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s car was speeding along the elevated highway and I kept my eyes glued out the window, taking in the view of gleaming city lights and skyscrapers that looked even more impressive at night than in the daytime. The ride back home was quiet. Sehun had said no words ever since the moment he started driving and I had no intention to initiate a conversation either. I was glad enough that I finally made it out of that scary place.

“Did you text Eun Byul  to let her know you’re going home?”

I jumped a little when his deep husky voice broke the silence. Without averting my eyes away from the view outside, I shook my head.

“Why not?” He asked.

“I don’t have my phone with me.”

As soon as I said that, we once again plunged into silence  and I couldn’t help but to wonder what he had going on inside his head.

Until he spoke again “Your parents took your phone away?”

It never failed to astonish me, how he always managed to hit the bull’s eye. Was it a mere coincidence or was I that easy to read? One could easily thought that I left my phone at home but he didn’t. I turned to him and saw him driving with one elbow propped on the windowsill while resting his temple on his fist. Though I gave no answer to his inquiry, he didn’t question me any further probably taking my lack of response as a yes.

"Call her." He said as he grabbed his phone off the dashboard and handed it over to me.

I eyed the device for a while before taking it from him hesitantly.

"What's the password?" I asked when the screen popped up with a password request.

"0917"

I keyed in the numbers, inwardly wandering how much it resembled my birth month and date. But I immediately shook the dumb thoughts off my mind. Why on earth would Oh Sehun set my birth date and month as his passcode? The incident earlier must have made me lose my mind. I dialled in Eun Byul's number which was immediately picked up on the second ring. And so i told the girl that I had to go home, making up some excuse that I wasn't feeling well. She would freak out if I told her what had really happened and I thought maybe I would save the details until next time.

As soon as the call was ended, I handed his phone back to him and he took it before he asked “Are all your party dresses this tight?”

Taken aback by his sudden question which I would’ve never expected, I sat there speechless as I gave him a look that screamed Duh.

“They’re called party dresses for a reason, Sehun. Then what do you expect me to wear? Pyjamas?”

“Do you not feel uncomfortable at all by the fact that everyone can clearly see the shape and every curve of your body?” He uttered as he jerked the steering wheel to the left and I grabbed the door handle to keep from vaulting over to his side of the car. This man sure loved to race and I was sure that it was only a matter of time before he got pulled over by the police.

“It’s not even as bad as the clothes your hostess wore.” I scoffed, referring to the woman that had been sitting next to him the entire time at the club.

“That’s different, Chae. That’s her job.” He countered.

“What’s the problem then? You’ve always been fond of women in tight-fitting clothes. It looks to me that you always enjoy your hostesses’ company.”

“Damn it! Why do you always talk back nowadays? He shot me a disapproving look before he continued “What I’m trying to say is that maybe you sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter