Chapter 24

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slumped down in my seat, feeling defeated despite having slept like a rock last night. After all that happened yesterday, I just felt like avoiding school at all costs but of course my beloved mom wouldn’t let me to. If there was one thing that I should be grateful for this morning, it was probably how other than the regular insults and unfriendly looks aimed my way, everything looked pretty normal.

However, fate was cruel enough to interrupt my precious moment of peace when a certain voice called out to me.

“Hey I was looking for you.” He beamed brightly as he walked over to my desk. Immediately, two thoughts came into my mind. One, what does he want? Two, how can such a sweet guy be friends with Oh Sehun? But then I realised. Duh at this school if you are rich and belong to the same class, you just naturally become friends or at least closely acquainted.

“I’m here to invite you to my party. I told Sehun to bring you along since you’re part of us now but that tough guy told me to ask you myself.” 

Thanks to his not-so-discreet request, I had pairs of eyes hawking me and I didn’t wanna lie and said that they didn’t terrify me. Of course I would’ve declined right away if not for his pleading eyes and amiable expression.

As if he sensed my hesitance, Park Chanyeol persuaded “Well since our encounter both times weren’t that…” He paused for a second like he was searching for a right word “…great? I thought maybe we can take this time to hang out with the guys and have some fun.”

Of course I still had scruples about attending but I bobbed my head regardless. Maybe I could use this chance to properly thank him after having saved me twice. Only this one time and I would avoid anything or anyone related to Oh Sehun. I just hoped that I didn’t make a decision that I was gonna regret later on. My response earned me his almost blinding, dazzling smile of perfect teeth.

“Great! Now I’ll give you my number.” He said as he grabbed my pen and scribbled his number on the back of my notes before he added “They might not let you in so give me a call when you get there.”

When he was done, he flashed me one last smile then bolted out the door. Not even a second after the guy disappeared from my sight, a group of girls sashayed over to my desk and snatched up my notes. Tearing the last page from the pad, one of them sneered “Are you practicing dark magic or something? First Sehun sunbae now Chanyeol sunbae? I’m keeping this because you absolutely don’t deserve it.”

I watched her fold up the piece of paper and shoved it into her blazer pocket. I didn’t care to be honest. Well if they wouldn’t let me into the party then I would gladly head back home. It’s not like I was looking forward to spending time with Oh Sehun and his clique.

Today was another long day but at least it wasn’t as bad yesterday but that thought didn’t last long when I came home to my mom telling me to dress up because apparently we were supposed to have dinner with dad’s old friend and his family that I never even met before. Dragging my feet to the bathroom, I took a quick shower and put on some light makeup. I should at least look presentable albeit my lazy . Thirty minutes later, I was all dressed up and I mentally applauded myself for achieving the whole look within such a short time frame. Reaching out for my backpack to grab my phone, I was reminded by the bundles sitting at the bottom of my bag as soon as I zipped it open. Taking out the clothing, I contemplated on whether or not I should wash them before I returned them to the owner. But they looked perfectly fine and I didn’t feel like keeping them any longer so I decided that maybe it’s best if I returned them now just so I could take this burden off my shoulder. And so I did. 

I tried to return Eun Byul’s call as I made my way down the stairs. That girl left me three missed calls and I didn’t wanna risk getting yelled at for not returning her calls. However, there was no answer on the other end so I decided to shove my phone into my pocket. 

I decided to make a quick trip to Oh Sehun’s house since my parents were still getting ready. However when I finally stood in front of the residence, I became a nervous wreck. 

“Yes Miss, may I help you?” A security guard greeted.

“I’m here to return something.” I smiled sheepishly and when I noticed his puzzled look I quickly added “Oh Sehun’s stuff.”

The male nodded knowingly and guided me into the house. As I walked through the vast front yard, I felt an instant relief when I saw how the figure standing by the door wasn’t actually a familiar face.

“Good evening, how can I help you Miss?”

“Ermm I’m here to return this.” I stretched my arms out and handed the two pieces of clothing I had been clutching.

“This is?” She carefully took the clothes from me before she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter