Chapter 16

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in front of the mirror, doing final check on my appearance. The reflection staring back at me was pathetic indeed. My eyes were sunken, dull with huge dark circles under them. Those I got from bawling my eyes out all night. The last thing I wanted to do that morning was to get out of my bed and get ready for school. But of course, my parents would have never let me to. Faking illness wasn’t a way out either. So I guess I just had to put up with it. I turned sideways and straightened my skirt. Still paranoid, I made sure every body part that wasn’t meant to be exposed was covered.

“Chae Rim ah, are you done? You’re going to be late for school.”

“Yes mom I’m coming.” I shouted back as I grabbed my bag and bolted out the door.

The closer I got to my destination, the more anxious I became. The EDM beat coming from my earphones didn’t help at all. Ever since the start of this new term, my day ended up either miserable or humiliating. Let’s see which one was gonna be the case for today.

Five meters into the school property and I could already hear catcall whistles aimed my way.

“Hi y!”

It didn’t sound the least bit like a compliment, or anything else that would make you flattered. Anyone would be able to detect a very heavy sarcasm behind the remarks they threw at me. 

“What a fine you have there girl.”

“Great choice! French-cut for a fine .”

I quickened my steps, trying so hard to ignore all the judging look and mocking laughter from the people around. 

I barely calmed myself down when I heard a big commotion coming from my classroom. All the screaming and yelling attracted people to gather at the entrance. I pushed through the crowd and my eyes widened at the sight. I charged forward and grabbed the girl by her shoulders, joining a group of people trying to separate the two fighting girls. 

“Eun Byul enough!!” I yelled.

“Go to hell you !!” She wriggled her body in an attempt to free herself from my grip, eyes still focusing on the other girl.

“Yah Jang Eun Byul!!” I shouted, my hands on her upper arms to once again pull her away from the fight.

“Stop it you two!!!”

I whipped my head to the front of the class and it was at the presence of the teacher that the two finally froze.

“Follow me to the principal’s office.”

Shooting daggers at each other, the two reluctantly trailed behind the middle-aged woman and my mind could only wonder as I watched my best friend disappearing from my sight.

“Is she even worth it?”

I glanced at my side and back, trying to comprehend the situation. I mean why would Eun Byul fight? She was a student that never got into trouble. 

“Can you guys tell me what’s going on?” I turned to girl seated behind me.

She looked at her friend and hesitantly answered “Eun Byul was trying to defend you. The girls were not happy because you seem to be close with Chanyeol and Sehun sunbae. Eun Byul lost it and slapped her when she called you…”

She stopped mid-sentence so her friend continued for her, casting me a disgusted look “Hoe.”

She got a quick nudge from her friend.

“What? It’s true.” She retaliated.

“Okay class!! I need you to turn in your assignment.”

I shifted my eyes to the front of the class, my mind still on Eun Byul and possible punishment she might receive from the principal. I looked at the empty seat next to mine. People say true friend show their love in time of trouble, not in happiness. Of course I had no d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter