Chapter 31

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pushed open the wooden double doors and stared absentmindedly at the gold brass handles. Quietly, I eased my way inside the house. From somewhere down the hall, I could hear the TV playing accompanied by my mom's gentle laugh. So I made my way to the family room to let her know that I made it home safe. There I saw her sitting on the couch with her legs crossed, enjoying her favorite variety show playing on TV.

"Oh you're home early!" She tilted her head in confusion, her eyes widened slightly in surprise.

I nodded, but nevertheless stood still by the doorway. I wasn't in the mood for any small talk or some mother-daughter bonding time which I usually wouldn't mind. At that moment, all I wanted to do was run to my room so I could have some time to myself to get over all the crazy things that had happened to me that night.

"Everything okay?" She asked, picking up the remote to lower the TV volume.

"Yeah." I lied, faking a reassuring smile before I added "I'm gonna take a shower then go to bed, mom. I'm super tired and I have school tomorrow. 

I started walking but immediately halted my steps when she called out again "By the way, your dad called earlier. Mr. Oh invited us for a dinner tomorrow."

Perplexed, I questioned "Why?"

Things like this never happened before. Sehun's father and my dad's relationship was nowhere close to that of two best friends. They had always been mere acquiantances. Invited to their yearly house party? Yes. Duh, we're neighbors. Having some private dinner with each other's family? Never in a million years. Though I kind of had a hunch that it had got something to do with my big mouth the other night. 

"He's been asking your dad for a few times now but you know how your dad has been really busy lately. I guess he feels bad that we had to witness what happened between him and his wife." Mom explained as she switched the TV off and got on her feet, shooting me a look of disapproval before she further commented "Though I really think you shouldn't have gotten yourself involved, you know."

I sighed. I had received more than enough scolding from dad the night I stuck my nose into their business the last thing I wanted her to do was remind me of that matter.

"I don't think I can join. I'm going out tomorrow." I made up an excuse, silently pleading that she would buy it.

"No no darling. You're not going anywhere tomorrow. We have a guest coming over."

"Who?" I raised an eyebrow. Dinner with the Ohs and now some mystery guest? What the hell is wrong with my life?

"It's a surprise~" She sang. "You'll be pleased when you find out who's coming tomorrow."

I scoffed and shook my head. I never really liked surprises so I definitely wasn't looking forward to whoever I was gonna meet the next day.

*****************************************************

"Are you sure it's really because you weren't feeling well last night? You look fine to me." Eun Byul questioned for the umpteenth time of the day as we made our way down the hall to the canteen. I shrugged off her suspicion with a casual nod.

I pushed the glass door open and let my eyes roam around the packed space where most of the tables had been fully occupied. Then my attention landed on the so-called 'VIP' section on which four guys had their arms in the air, beckoning us over to their table. Despite the dirty looks a group of random girls shot my way, Eun Byul and I strutted over to where the group was seated. It's true that i wasn't hundred percent into hanging out with the popular bunch but if there were two things that could make me reconsider my decision, they were the fact that the boys were actually really nice and funny people and most importantly Eun Byul looked like she enjoyed their company.

"Why don't you girls just sit with us from now on?" Tao suggested as soon as we settled ourselves down on the bench.

Immediately, Eun Byul turned to me while the guys followed suit so all of a sudden I had ten pairs of eyes staring at me as if waiting for approval. I gulped.

"That's fine with me." I answered briefly.

"You okay? Heard you weren't feeling well." Jong In asked.

I assured his sincere concern with a smile "Yeah, oppa. Better after a good night sleep."

"So Sehun drove you home last night?" This time it was Tao who asked.Then I saw him exchange smiles with Jong In while the playful duo smirked.

I ignored those jokesters and began pondering over what to eat when I felt a nudge on my side. I turned to Eun Byul and followed her gaze which landed on Lee Tae Yong and Kim Hye Jeon walking hand-in-hand. The male's right cheek looked slightly bruised still from the fight he and Sehun got into but other than that, he looked fine now that he was back to his usual cocky self. 

"So I've always been curious. What happened between Lee Tae Yong and Oh Sehun? Why do they hate each other so much?" Eventually, Eun B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter