Chapter 18

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s POV

“So you sure you not coming with us?” 

I shook my head. “Next time Kris. I promise the boys I’ll hang out with them today.”  

Kris nodded in understanding and I bid him farewell with a bro handshake and one-armed hug. 

“We’ll see you tomorrow then.” He pronounced.

We parted and I saw Kris, Jong In, Tao and Sehun each walked towards their respective vehicles. Feeling slightly apologetic that I was gonna hang out with his ‘enemy’, I took a peek at Sehun’s face then noticed the stoic expression he always had on most of the time. Although he never once complained or distanced himself from me even after learning the fact that I was friends with his ‘enemy’ and his clique, I couldn’t help but feel somewhat caught in a difficult situation. I never really had issue with anyone. I tried my best to avoid that. Despite Tae Yong’s provocative attitude towards Sehun, I gotta admit that he was a completely different person whenever we hung out. 

I reached into my pocket to take out my car keys but then I changed my mind. Shoving them back in, I figured I would just walk to the place where I was supposed to meet up with the guys. The place was only a less-than-ten-minute walk away so I thought I could always come back to get my car when we were done.  

I paused midway and tilted my head back to look up to the sky. Drops of rain hit my face and soon there was a steady rain. As a person who had always hated rain, I instantly regretted my decision earlier. I should’ve drove my car. Dashing into the nearest convenience store, I took a seat by the window and took a sip from a can of soda on my hand as I waited for the weather to calm down.

“Yo Chanyeol bro, what took you so long?” 

After almost thirty minutes of hanging out at the convenience store, I finally made it to the abandoned warehouse we’d transformed into our little basketball court, the place where I was supposed to meet up with the guys.

I raise my hand in greeting , turning my head around to search for one missing friend ”Sorry it was pouring hard so….”

I couldn’t finish my sentence as I double took the sight before me. Wasting no more time, I rushed to a corner.

“What the hell Lee Tae Yong!!!” I growled.

Realising my arrival, Tae Yong whipped his head around. 

“Hey..” I shoved him to the side with one hand before he could finish his greeting, my other hand automatically reached for the girl’s arm. She flinched at the touch, extreme fear written all over her face.

“Are you sick? What did you do to her?” I glared at Tae Yong in disbelief.

He scoffed, his lips forming a proud smirk. “Don’t worry. It’ll be your turn soon enough.”

“Heck I’ll never do such a thing.” I repulsed.

“Are you ok?” I asked as I turned to her and I mentally scolded myself for such a lame question. Obviously she was not. I kept my eyes on her face, restraining myself from looking down her almost upper body. I had my arm outstretched to grab her neglected blazer and immediately wrapped it around her.

“Give me the key.” I demanded as I untied the ropes that bound her ankles.

He didn’t move an inch.

“Give me the ing key!!!!” 

So he reluctantly took it out from his pocket and I snatched the item away as soon as it came to sight. 
Right after her hands were uncuffed, the girl tightened the blazer around her body with both hands clenched to form tight solid fists. She got on her feet and darted towards the door but I stopped her before she could do so.

“I’ll take you home.”  I told her.

She shook her head, lips still trembling in fear “Just leave me alone!” She yelled as she yanked her hand away and was out of the place in no time.

As soon as she left, my attention shifted back to Tae Yong. “You know what you’ve done is considered ual assault, right?”

“But she’s a hoe.” He casually spat.

I shook my head in utter disappointment upon hearing his remark. As anger started to boil inside me, I grabbed my bag and bolted out the place, ignoring the constant calling of my name.

Heading back to the school ground to get my car, I took out my phone and dialed a particular number in my contact list. The last time I encountered her, she didn’t look like she wanted to make the unpleasant incident known to him. So I decided to keep my mouth shut. I mean they were the ones in relationship so they were supposed to resolve the issue together right? I had neither intention nor rights to get involved. 

But this time, it was a completely different story. I knew whatever Tae Yong was doing, it had to be strongly based on his resentment towards Sehun. The moment she came into Sehun’s life was the day she would become his target. But seriously, that kid has gone overboard this time. I thought to myself.

After the third ring, my call was answered and I heard Sehun’s hoarse voice on the other line. “Sup, bro?”

Well since I probably shouldn’t get involved, I thought I should at least let her close one know and let him take care of it. She was his girlfriend after all. Well rumor has it that she was. Despite all the skepticism raised by Sehun’s attitude towards her, something told me it’s better if he was aware of what happened. Perhaps it’s my sense of responsibility towards him as a friend.

“Sehun, there is something you need to know.” I took a deep breath as I began elabor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter