Chapter 21

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stumbled in my heels as the burning pain on my legs started getting unbearable but I quickly regained my balance, trying not to twist an ankle. I looked down on the scorched-looking patch on the skin and let out a frustrated sigh. This would definitely take a while to heal. I pushed my way through a sea of people, limping towards the main entrance. After successfully convincing my parents that l had ‘homework’ awaiting me at home, I wasted no time and immediately bid them farewell. My parents were immersed in conversation with their associates and I knew if I didn’t speak up I wouldn’t be able to leave anytime soon. Even though it didn’t look bad at first, the pain on my legs intensified and that’s when I realised that it was actually quite serious. My parents were too occupied to notice but I didn’t bother letting them know either. I could just treat it when I got home.

“!” I hissed in pain after tripping on the stairs and landed flat on my . Good thing I was already outside and the night was still young so I didn’t really have to worry about people witnessing this embarrassing incident as none of them would be leaving at this hour.

“Sehun wait!!”

My eyes shot wide open at the sudden voice and I quickly got on my feet, ignoring the lingering pain on my as I positioned myself in the shadow of a large potted plant.

“What now?” A familiar deep raspy voice snapped.

“Oh come on, why so rude?” Another familiar voice protested. I recognised that voice from earlier. It belonged to the woman of the house.

When she got no response from the guy, she carried on “I bet you learned that from your mother.”

“Don’t you dare insult my mother!” He yelled. It was obvious how he was on the verge of exploding.

She hummed “You look hot when you’re angry.”

I brought my hands to my lips to muffle my shocked gasp. Did she just flirt with her step son? 

“I swear if you do that one more time I’ll tell father.” He warned, spitting the words with a hint of menace.

She let out a mocking chuckle “Nice try Sehunnie but I don’t think he will believe you. I’m his wife after all and let me tell you, he’s head over heels for me.”

“Why would you marry my father if you don’t even love him?”

I needed to give Sehun a credit for his ability to keep the conversation going despite her disgusting remarks because had I been in his shoes, I would’ve ripped her head off.

“Isn’t it obvious? A marriage doesn’t always mean that there is love involved, Sehun darling. Yes he is twenty five years older than me but he has fame, money and power. It’s like an instant way towards fame and status without having to work your off, something all girls my age would die for. Not to mention...” She paused for a second before she continued “I get to live with his hot handsome son.”

A short giggle punctuated with a snort escaped her before she added “I thought you know that the best after learning from your past experience honey. Your mother left you and your father. True love does not exist, Sehun. But….maybe if it’s you I can try.”

Her tone was seductive and I could only imagine her shooting the guy a flirtatious look. Shortly after, I heard a sound that resembled a hand slapping.

“Don’t touch me!” He growled in a threatening tone that I couldn’t help but to cower even if it wasn’t directed at me.

I heard her long sigh before she muttered “Fine I’ll give you time to calm down but if you ever change your mind, you’re always welcome into my room. Your father rarely comes home anyway. So…maybe you and I can have some fun?”

As soon as she finished, I heard the clicking of her heels against the marble tiles before it slowly faded as she made her way back into the house.

Then after she was gone, I heard Sehun’s low grunt “In your dreams .”

I shut my eyes and gulped when I heard his footsteps closing in on me, silently praying that he wouldn’t notice me there eavesdropping the whole conversation. Against my own will of course. I just ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter