Chapter 7

Blessed Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As much as I’d love to barge into the classroom next door, march toward a certain jerk and satisfy my sore tempt to throttle him, I wasn’t very much a fan of commotion causer. Besides, I’d gotten a much more important matter to handle here. Yes, finding my desk and chair. His hint was obvious. Dark room meant janitor’s room but the problem was there were countless janitor’s rooms in the whole freaking school and I wasn’t very thrilled with the idea of making a detour around the entire building.  Less than ten minutes left before the first lesson would begin. If I was lucky, I probably could find them within those few minutes but I surrendered even before I tried because I knew I hadn’t really been a person with abundant luck hanging over my head.

“What’s happening?” I could hear Eun byul’s voice so clearly I could sense her closeness from where I was standing. I turned around, still frozen on spot a few meters away from my classroom door, contemplating where I should head to.

I clicked my tounge, still pissed off like hell. “I’ll tell you everything later on. I’ve got something to deal with.” That very moment, I made a decision. Two could play this game. Oh Sehun probably forgot that I had always been a good opponent.

Confidently strutting into a class of seniors, I scanned my eyes and fixed them at a certain table. Trying so hard to control my outrage, I approached one of the tables in the back rows.

“Sunbae, can we talk?” The formal title I used to address him made myself feel nauseous but I stuck it out. Having pairs of wondering eyes on me was already way too uncomfortable I didn’t wish to get any other reactions from his classmates.

“What makes you want to talk to my boyfriend?” Settling in Oh Sehun’s lap, Kim Hye Jeon looked up at me with the usual disgusted glare that she never stopped directing at me. I was in no mood to argue with her, so I voiced, calmly. Well, at least I managed to do it that way after desperately trying to shove away the thought of pulling her hair out until her head was shiny bald.

“Just a moment and I’ll give him back to you.” I averted my eyes to the guy, communicating with him in a hidden glare only he could interpret. Others wouldn’t be able to see his barely visible slightly twitching lips but I did. And it was bloody annoying.

“Just say it here.” I narrowed my eyes when I saw him nuzzling his face into Kim Hye Jeon’s neck, the girl started to giggle as he brushed his lips against random spots there.

“Give me back my desk and chair.”

No response. Only Kim Hye Jeon’s irritating giggles that by the way had begun to increase in volume.

“Sunbae…” I called out. The only thing I got was the stares from the rest of the students. I meant, what the hell? Were they doing a show or what? This wasn’t just PDA. It was turning into an adult show.

“Oh Sehun!!” I slammed my palms into the table, causing Kim Hye Jeon’s head to jerk toward me, her eyes burning with flames as if she was ready to launch her attack to me at any second. Great, now I took back my word about not wanting to cause a commotion. If it was the only way out to get their attention, I guessed I wan’t going to be against that idea for the entire time.

“You’re so y. Can't you see that sehun’s occupied? And it’s ‘sunbae’ for you. You have no right calling him by name.”

I seriously was running out of patience. Why on earth was she the one replying me all the time? She wasn’t the one I had a business with. Some idiots were just too obnoxious.

“For goodness sake, what’s going on? Kim Hye Jeon, it’s early in the morning and you’re already so loud.”

Our heads snapped backwards only to see Jong In and Tao approaching.

It wasn’t really a friendly greeting but more like one voiced out of startle but I appreciated Jong In to at least acknowledge my presence, “Chae Rim ah, what’re you doing here?”

“Chae rim..” This time, it was Tao who was looking over Jong In’s shoulders.

The sound of the bell reminded me of my intention coming here in the first place and I realized it was not a right time for a long explanation. I opened my mouth, trying to get to my point.

“She wants to talk to Sehun but Sehun doesn’t feel like it, right hon? We’re in the middle of a very important business.” Again, it was Kim Hye Jeon’s sickening high-pitch voice. Well, at least it sounded like that to my ear. Remember when I said that my patience was running out, I meant it and it burst right in front of Kim Hye Jeon’s heavily painted face. “I am not talking to you.”

Her eyes widened in surprise at my sudden retaliation they almost jumped out of their sockets. Her mind was probably still processing about how dare a younger girl snap at the almighty admired cheerleader captain of Seoul High. And a moment later, she was launching at me, grabbing my arm with so much force.

“Yah Kim Hye Jeon!!” It was Jong In’s loud warning as she held the girl back, saving me from an upcoming slap on my right cheek.

I stood still, not intending to do the same to her but I made sure I shot her the fiercest glare I could manage. She had to know that I didn’t like her either, that the feeling was mutual.

“Jong In, get your hands off me.” She snarled, her arms actively moving to jerk him away. And when she actually realized that her own strength was nothing compared to the boy’s, she switched into stepping on his right foot instead. Her action sent a loud yell and curses flying out of his mouth, his loud yell echoed throughout the space. Well, I was sorry for Jong In. The image of Kim Hye Jeon in my mind right at the moment was exactly like that of a mad lady.

“Hye Jeon, enough.” This time, Oh Sehun finally spoke up, pulling the girl by her wrist and make her stand next to him.

“Sehun, she…"

“Enough.”

The girl huffed in annoyance at his command, reluctantly pressed her lips together and looked away.

“ woman, you might have broken my toe.” The pain obviously hadn’t subsided because Jong In landed his on a random chair, taking his shoes off to check on his poor toe.

“What’s with the crowd? Go back to your seats.”An authoritative female voice sent the whole class back into the state it should have been. Everyone rushed for their seats. Well, everyone except me.

“You are?” The elder squinted her eyes at me, probably trying to remember whether or not I belonged there.

I had never been taught by the lady but I recognized her as one of the most senior teachers in Seoul High. I heard the elder had spent half of her lifetime there.

“I’m Yoon Chae Rim, Mrs. Choi. From class 1A next door.”

Well, she probably didn’t give a damn about my introduction so I proceeded to what she might want to hear.

“I’m supposed to be in class for lesson now but since I have my desk and chair nowhere in sight, I need to know their whereabouts.”

“And?” The woman was looking at me through her glasses, probably thinking that I was weird. “What does it have to do with your presence here?”

“Oh Sehun ssi knows where it is.” I could hear movement from around me, whispers broke out, polluting the supposed silence. Probably the audience found the scene enticing, something to start off a boring day.

Mrs. Choi obviously wasn’t pleased with the noises. With a single order, she slammed her palm into the whiteboard and like a magic, the whole class kept their mouth shut.

“Mr.Oh, can you explain what this is all about?”

Finally, after what felt like forever, I was going to hear what I had been waiting for.

“I seriously don’t know what she’s talking about, Mrs. Choi.”

I snapped my head at him, my mouth hung agape in disbelief.

“What?” I mouthed, wanting nothing else but to strangle him.

“Do you have any prove that it is Mr Oh’s doing?” I averted my attention back to the lady and I found myself unable to give her an answer. Well, my desk and chair were not there, the writing on the board said it all but nothing hinted stuffs related to him. Handwriting didn’t say much.

“Then I think it’s better for you two to settle it in the principal’s office. I don’t want to waste my lesson just for this.”

 

I glanced at the digital clock placed right above a frame. It felt like forever waiting for minutes to pass. A good fifteen minutes had passed and the old man still hadn’t shown up. I tapped my foot impatiently, sighing deeply every now and then.

“For goodness sake, can’t you just stay still?” His voice broke the icy silence that had been going on for a while. I looked at the guy sitting in the chair next to mine, one ankle of his legs rested atop of the knee of his other leg. That guy was the very reason why I was here, at a place I wanted to visit the least.

“I don’t think you have the right to say that. You and I both know very clearly the reason I end up here.”

We exchanged glares, his dark orbs so ferocious as if they wanted to swallow me.

“Seriously, what’s your issue?” I gathered up courage to retaliate, hoping that my act of pretence was thick enough to cover up the timid self inside me.

Well, if there was one thing that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter