A New Family

Abducted

 

 

 

I listen to all the girls screaming as Yamapi runs onto the stage. He is with someone else. I take a closer look and gasp. He is the man who was staring in at my hospital window! He glances at Yamapi periodically, then without warning, his eyes meet mine. His stare is unnerving and I glance away quickly. I can’t wait until Yamapi is done and we can leave.

 

 

                                After an eternity, the two of them bow to the crowd, shout out their thanks and race offstage. A few minutes later, Yamapi approaches me. I jump up and rush into his arms. I really want to tell him about the man he did the show with, but for some reason I hold back. After all, it may not have been the same person, it could’ve been a look alike! Besides, I don’t want to make Yamapi worry for me anymore than he already is.

 

 

                Yamapi takes me to his mother’s house and they welcome me with kind faces. Yamapi has already informed them of what has happened and they are very kind to me. They let me share a room with Yamapi’s little sister. I find out that Yamapi’s last name is Yamaa. And his mother Yamaa-san is a very generous woman. His younger sister is a little weary of me at first, but when she sees that I am all alone and how nervous I am, she quickly warms up to me and starts calling me Mimi (Nickname for older sister). I call her Yamaa-chan. I do not want to be thought impolite by calling them by their first names. Besides, I don’t even know their first names and I don’t want to offend them by asking.

 

 

                Immediately I am put in a small bed in the corner of Rina’s room. I am ashamed that I am using her room, she shouldn’t have to share with somebody like me. I try to protest, but everyone insists that I am no trouble and that I am told not to get up until my leg heals.

 

 

Yamapi has already left. But even though he’s gone, strangely, I feel at home with these other two.

 

 

                I want to thank them, but they leave before I have the chance saying I must rest. I reallyam tired. Before I know it, I’m asleep.