Different Paths

Abducted

Kame had never lost his cool like that before. He was renowned for his indifferent demeanor that never gave anything away; no trace of emotion. As both he and Yamapi appeared on stage to the screams of adoring fans and flashing lights, he didn’t care that he was appealing or adored, he was NOT happy.  

 

Not. Happy.

 

At. All.

 

 

He was not in the mood to sing the stupid hit single he and Yamapi had just released, he was not in the mood to act ‘desirable’ on stage, he was not in the mood for any of this trivial crap he was being forced to do for public appearances.

 

 

However his controlled features let nothing show. Their single finished, finally, and he and Yamapi smiled, and bowed to the cheering crowd. The host for the show, bounded up the steps with his plastic-perfect smile on his thin face and cried, “That was wonderful! Thank you so much for coming out tonight.”

 

 

“No problem; I was more than happy to be here,” Kame said politely.

 

 

“Thank you so much for having us here today,” Yamapi nodded.

 

 

Kame scowled internally. As he said before he was NOT in the mood for this stuff. He wasn’t in the mood for all this pleasantries when he was about to explode inside.

 

 

He was in the mood to murder Yamapi, he was in the mood to take Jessica back, and he was in the mood to carry out his plan. It was time. He would call Fang tonight and his plan would be put into action. That thought made a sneer that passed for a smile curl his lips.

 

 

 

Yamapi knew it. He had suspected something abnormal between Dawn and Kame. Now he knew that Kame was dangerous. For some reason, Kame wanted Dawn. Yamapi didn’t know why yet, but Kame’s violent reaction to him made him more determined than ever to keep him away from Dawn.

 

 

Yamapi smiled warmly at the many fans screaming his name and tried desperately to control his voice as he sang. His many emotions were hidden behind a thin mask that would break if he wasn’t careful. It was to his relief when the song finished, and the cheers died down as he and Kame both bowed, answered a few questions, and strode out the door. They had both turned in opposite directions and proceeded to leave as if nothing had happened.

 

 

But something had happened.

 

 

 And they both knew it.

 

 

Yamapi strode purposefully out into the sunlight not even acknowledging its warmth on his face. He flipped out his phone and dialed Ryo.

 

 

“Hello?” Ryo asked.

 

 

“I think we’re right about Kame.” Yamapi said not bothering to soften his voice or even respond to the greeting Ryo had given, “Something’s up and I’m worried about Dawn.”

 

 

He proceeded to tell Ryo what had happened, and when he had finished, Ryo was silent for a moment. Then he said softly, “I can’t believe how bad this is.”

 

 

Yamapi decided to call Kei-chan as well. In fact, he’d call all the members of NewS and put them on alert. Where Dawn’s safety was concerned, he wasn’t willing to take any chances.

 

 

“Look, Ryo, I’m going to tell the rest of the guys about this so they’re aware of the situation. Maybe they’ll be able to help.”

 

 

“Good idea,” Ryo said quickly, relief evident in his voice that he and Yamapi wouldn’t have to worry about this alone.

 

 

“Hey! Why don’t we take this to the police?” Ryo suggested right before Yamapi hung up. Yamapi paused briefly before he said shortly, “Because there’s no concrete proof. They would take the accusation as an act of trying to ruin a fellow entertainer’s reputation and without the supporting evidence, we would be the ones who looked bad.”

 

 

“True, true,” Ryo conceded. Then the line went dead and Yamapi continued to dial Kei-chan’s number. There was a lot to do and so little time. He didn’t know why he felt that, but he felt like a cloud was hovering over him approaching fast…just out of sight.