Bitter Disappointment

Abducted

Kame sat at the small restaurant, not touching the food or drink that was left. His face was a mask of fury. Yamapi had interrupted them at the pivotal moment! Jessica had been about to remember! She had been about to remember everything; remember him! He could see it. Her mind had begun to find the connections, the familiarity of the restaurant, of the food. She had been so close! But Yamapi had come in at the worst time and disrupted it!

 

 

Yamapi!

 

 

It was all his fault! He shoved his chair away from the table and abruptly stood up. He cut a path through the crowd and headed to his car. He sped out into the night. He knew where he was going, it wasn’t just driving to get his mind off of things.

 

 

He screeched to a stop outside the shop. The shop the Black Cobras used. He had a new job for them to do. Of course they hadn’t done the first job yet, they had to wait for his signal. But the second job…well it would be right up their alley. They could take care of Yamapi when he gave the signal. He wanted Yamapi out of the pictue. Permanently. And he wanted to be there when it happened. He laughed quietly to himself as he grabbed a sheet of paper and scribbled down the second job and slid it under the door before heading back home.

 

 

As he headed back, his cell rang. He picked it up without looking at the caller ID--stupid of him really--and immediately wished he hadn’t.

 

 

“Hey, Kame!” Jin’s voice was overflowing with enthusiasm, “You need to come over and hang out with us! Koki just got these awesome tickets to see that movie we were all talking about the other day. You need to come!”

 

 

Kame scowled at the phone. He had other things to worry about. He didn’t have time to see movies.”

 

 

“I can’t” he said shortly.

 

 

“Oh come on! You don’t hang out with us like you used to anymore! Kaaaaaaaaaaame, pleeeeeeeeeease? Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top? Besides you can’t have a lot to do, you’re probably home right now.”

 

 

“As a matter of fact, I’m not.”

 

 

“Then you’re on your way home.”

 

 

Kame didn’t say anything.

 

 

“I’m right, aren’t I?” laughed Jin, “I’m always right. So we’ll see you at the movies, don’t be late!” and he hung up.

 

 

Kame rolled his eyes. Those guys, and Jin especially, always wanted to ‘hang out’. He paused. He really hadn’t hung out with them recently. And he did have an image to keep up for the public. He couldn’t have bad feelings and anger in the group, or the media would pick up on it and it would all be bad publicity. Which would eventually mean bad publicity for Jessica. Sighing, he turned his car around had headed off towards the theatre.