The Angel who Rescued Me

Abducted

I was put into the back of a private car and one of the guys drove. We wound down streets and alleys until I was lost in this world of night. Normally, I would’ve been excited and intrigued like I had been the last time I was here, but now, every shadow filled me with fear. But the four shadows in the car that held me captive scared me even more.

 

 

I was once again gagged and bound. After an eternity, we stopped in front of a tall, dark building. The doors opened and two of the men grabbed me again. Apparently they hadn’t noticed my leg was broken…

 

 

I was hauled inside the building and into an elevator. We went up to the fiftieth floor and the doors slid open noiselessly. We went down the hall and stopped in front of a dark door. I heard the scraping of a key in a lock, but I couldn’t struggle because of my leg. I was tossed in a heap on the floor. I doubled over in pain as I crumpled on my leg. The door shut and the key scraped in the lock again. Once they were gone, I started sobbing.

 

 

Why? What did I do wrong? Why did this ‘boss’ hate me so much? I huddled on the floor and my tired brain shut down.  I drifted once again into unconsciousness.

 

 

I awoke with a start. Pain. I wanted to scream with the pain, but the gag restrained me. But that wasn’t what had woken me. Footsteps…resounding closer and closer. The door creaked open slightly and a silhouette appeared in the door frame. The light flickered on and blinded me. The man standing there saw me right away. He couldn’t help but yelp in surprise as he saw me bound, tearstained face, whimpering in this horrible condition.

 

 

 

 

He stood there a moment. I didn’t even look him in the eye. Fear gripped me. I saw out of my peripheral vision, his hand reach toward me. I flinched back and glanced up at him terror in my eyes. His own eyes shone with concern.

 

 

“Don’t worry,” he said soothingly to me, “I will help you.” He unbound my gag and gently started on my hands as I tried to stifle my sobs.

 

 

“What happened to you?” the man asked gently.

 

 

“A-a-are you the o-one re-responsible for t-this?” I whimpered.

 

 

“Of course not!” he said indignantly.

 

 

“I was kidnapped!” I wailed, “They t-t-took me and b-brought me here. T-tt-they said their b-boss wanted m-mme! I didn’t do anything wrong! I haven’t been to Japan since I was ten years old!”

 

 

“Sshhh,” he patted my head soothingly, “My name is Yamaa. Tomohisa Yamaa. I’ll help you. We’ll find out who did this. I promise. It’s alright,”

 

 

“If you’re not the one who did this to me, what are you doing here?” I asked cautiously. I was comfortable with this man. I felt safe with his gentle touch and kind face. I wasn’t scared of this man.

 

 

“Oh, Kamenashi-san had a script of mine. He said he’d get it to me tomorrow, but my manager called and said my schedule had been changed so I needed my script by tonight. I just ran over to grab it, and I found you.” He quickly scanned the cluttered table-top and caught up a small packet of paper.

 

 

“Here it is,” he stuffed it into his pocket, and turned toward me, “Let’s get you out of here before someone comes to get you,” he said gently. He tried to help me up but stopped short at my cry of agony. He in his breath slowly as he took in my mangled leg. “Wow,” he mumbled in sympathy, “They sure worked you over, huh?”

 

 

“No,” I replied quietly, “I tried to run away. It was dark and I tripped.” he nodded his understanding and then wordlessly scooped me up in his arms; he barely moved my leg. I gasped slightly, but then we were out of that horrid room.

 

 

I suddenly remembered what he had said. “Ummm. Yamaa-san?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“You said that room was Kaminishi-san’s?”

 

 

“Kamenashi’s,” Yamaa-san corrected, “Yes I did. Doe (Why)?”

 

 

“Is he the bad guy?” I trembled a little.

 

 

“I doubt it,” Yamaa-san said smiling reassuringly at me. “He’s doing the show with me tomorrow. That’s why I needed the script. But he’s an okay guy. At least as far as I’ve known him,”

 

 

“Oh.” I said, “I guess that someone would’ve come and got me before anyone came back. This Kamenashi-san might not have even known I was in his office,” I mumbled.

 

 

“Dressing room,” Yamaa-san corrected automatically, “You’re in the Johnny’s Entertainment building. All of us here are famous idols.” He laughed seeing my shocked expression.

 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t call security on you,” he joked. I nodded. Then he whipped out his phone and dialed quickly. “Yes? This is Yamaa…” I listened as he told his side of the story of what had just happened to me. Then he hung up.

 

 

“What was that?” I asked him tentatively.

 

 

“I got someone to come down here to wait for the person who was gonna pick you up. Then, we’ll throw him in jail!” Yamaa-san stated. I sighed with relief.

 

 

We finally made it outside.

 

 

“Yamaa-san? Where are we going?” I asked.

 

 

He grinned down at me, “Just call me Yamapi. All my friends do. I’m taking you to the hospital. We need to have your leg looked at.” Again, I nodded.

 

 

I was exhausted. It had been a very traumatic day.

 

 

“Thank… you… Yamaa-san,” I said sleepily.

 

 

“Yamapi,” he corrected absentmindedly.

 

 

“Yam…a…pi,” I fell asleep.