Suspicion

Abducted

Yamapi got up unusually early the next morning. Before anyone else was up, he ate a bowl full of cold cereal, brushed his teeth, and took a fast shower. He dressed quickly, and left for Johnny’s, leaving a not to okaa-san to tell her he was headed out early. He got up so early, because he had to stop by Ryo’s place before he went to work.

 

 

He parked in front of Ryo’s house and knocked. He waited for three seconds, then started banging nonstop. He was pounding the door so hard, he didn’t hear a very annoyed Ryo approaching the door.

 

 

“NANI (WHAT)?!” Ryo yanked the door open. His hair was wet and tangled from the shower he had evidently just taken. Water droplets clung to his skin and steamed upon hitting the cool air outside. He was wearing a soft, dark blue robe that still left his long, well toned legs exposed to the chill. His annoyed (possibly angry) expression seemed incredulous when he saw who was so rudely banging on his door so early in the morning.

 

 

“Yamapi? What are you doing here?”

 

 

“Ryo, I’m sorry to bother you…um…can I come inside for a minute? You must be freezing out in the cold.” Ryo glanced at him suspiciously, but stepped aside and allowed Yamapi to shuffle inside and closed and locked the door behind him.

 

 

Ryo stalked back up to the bathroom with an apologetic Yamapi following behind. Ryo quickly went into the bathroom while Yamapi went into his room to wait for him to finish changing. A few minutes later, Ryo walked into his room towel-drying his hair.

 

 

“Ok. Now what is it you want?” he asked raising an eyebrow at his best friend concernedly. For a moment, he wondered if Yamapi was in trouble, or if he was going to pull a prank on him. He quickly discarded the latter because Yamapi wasn’t the type to pull pranks. That was up to Tegoshi and Massu, not Yamapi. That left only one conclusion. Yamapi needed his help.

 

 

Yamapi took a deep breath before he raised his face to look firmly at Ryo, “I think Kamenashi-san had something to do with Dawn’s kidnapping.”

 

 

Ryo’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something, but Yamapi, seeing it, quickly plowed on, “I don’t have any proof, and I don’t know exactly how he fits into the picture, but it just seems to fit. Dawn was left in his dressing room, and he was the only one around so early in the morning besides you…I don’t know what to do, but I want him to stay far away from Dawn. I haven’t trusted anyone with this. Not even my mother or Rina and especially not Dawn. I need someone I can trust. Ryo, I honestly don’t know what to do…and I have to release that blasted single I did with him today. What should I do?” his pained face made Ryo forget all about being annoyed with him.

 

 

“Yamapi,” he said moving over to sit beside him on the bed, “I have been your friend ever since we were little. I promise you can trust me with anything. I have to admit, that I am suspicious of Kamenashi-san as well, but I didn’t have proof either. I even wondered if I was going crazy, but hearing your fears today, has made up my mind that Kamenashi-san really is guilty of something. Whether he was just an accomplice to the kidnapping, or the mastermind, he did have something to do with it. Therefore, there’s only one thing we can do. We need to keep him away from Dawn. If he has been able to avoid suspicion for this long, it will be even more difficult to get evidence on him…Don’t worry, we’ll think of something.”

 

 

Yamapi nodded. What Ryo had said had strengthened his resolve to keep Kamenashi-san away from Dawn. He decided he would tell Kamenashi-san to stay away from Dawn forever. He would do it today. With that thought in mind, he quickly stood and nodded to Ryo in thanks. Ryo nodded back. They were so close, they didn’t need words to understand what had just happened and been decided. Yamapi’s not confirmed his determination and Ryo’s nod promised Yamapi he would support him no matter what.

 

 

“Hey,” Ryo called as Yamapi passed through the door.

 

 

“Yeah?” Yamapi turned to face his friend.

 

 

“Do you need a ride to work?” Ryo offered, “I’ve got a car ready and I’m sure you don’t want to be mauled in the street by erted fan girls, now would you?” a small smile tugged at his lips as Yamapi shuddered at the thought.

 

 

“You know what, thanks, but I’ve got a car outside. I didn’t walk. I haven’t jeopardized my safety so far. But thanks. See ya at work!” and Yamapi strode out the door with a smile. He would face Kamenashi-san today.