Too Late

Abducted

Kame grinned as he stepped onto the curb in front of the Johnny’s building. She was there…waiting for him. She might not even remember him, but he could never forget her. He would soon be reunited with the one person who he loved more than anything in the world.

 

 

“Jessica,” her name breathed off his lips. He walked briskly toward the elevator. There was no one there. Smiling jubilantly to himself, he punched the 50 button. It took an eternity before the elevator doors slowly opened and he sailed through them lighter than air.

 

 

He had it all planned out in his head. He would enter his dressing room. As he saw her, his face would register surprise, then shock, then concern. He would help her; wrap her in a soothing embrace. He would make her remember the first time they had met. He would overwhelm her with everything he was, dazzle her with everything he had, love her until she loved him. Then, she’d never want to leave his side. She would stay with him forever. She would be a queen! and most importantly, she would be all his.

 

 

He entered his dressing room and scanned the room. Nothing. Wait. There was something, on the floor. He bent down and picked up the ropes that had apparently bound his princess. Someone had come here before him. Someone else had his princess. A soundless snarl encompassed his face as he thought of anyone who dared touch her…anyone that wasn’t him. They would suffer.

 

 

Whirling around, he came face to face with Nishikido Ryo from NewS. Standing next to Ryo, was a police/detective.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Ryo asks calmly.

 

 

“This is my dressing room! Yamaa-kun and I have a show to do today, and I…I forgot my script!” Kame said quickly striding over to his desk. He pretends to search for the script he put there before, but all he can think about is Jessica is not here.

 

 

“Don’t worry,” Ryo’s voice was still cold, he didn’t appreciate the way Kame and called Yamapi’s name in such a provocative way. The way he said Yamapi’s name was very demeaning. “Yamapi has an extra copy of the script. I’m sure he’ll let you use it.”

“Yeah, sounds great,” Kame muttered, “Why are you guys here?”

 


 Ryo seemed wary.

 

 

“Didn’t you hear?” the policeman asked, “Ryo-chan got a call saying a girl was found in your dressing room around 11:00 at night. She claimed she was kidnapped and her leg was broken, the bone snapped clean in two. She was taken to the hospital. But everyone thinks that someone was going to come and get her. So far, you’re the only one who’s shown up.”

 

 

“Really?” Kame asked horrified, “Why would someone do that?”

 

 

He watched Ryo relax seemingly under his brilliant act.

 

 

“We’re not certain,” Ryo admitted, “But Yamapi found her last night and she passed out in his arms. He carried her to the hospital and also called us. She was pretty shaken up. Yamapi called me a few minutes ago and she’s going to be okay. She’ll have to have a cast though. But while Yamapi was here, he also came and picked up your script.”

 

 

Kame put on an understanding and very sympathetic face and nodded.

 

 

“That’s terrible! That poor girl! She was in my dressing room? I must go to the hospital at once and offer my sympathy! To know that my room was used for such an act, I feel so dirty! If you’ll excuse me!” and he was out the door in a flash leaving Ryo and the policeman to look after him. Ryo was still a little worried, but Kame hadn’t acted guilty at all. He had even gone down to the hospital to see if the girl was okay! Maybe he was overthinking things?

 

 

As Kame bolted from the Johnny’s building, he seethed inside.

 

 

So Yamapi had taken his beloved girl. Yamapi had been her knight in shining armor! Yamapi had carried herin his arms as she had fainted in his embrace. He was shaking slightly and…her leg had broken? So his men had broken their words. He had specifically warned them not to damage or harm her in any way. Yet…her leg had ‘snapped’. Women were fragile. Woman had to be treated the right way…or they snapped. They would pay for causing his woman pain. He flipped out his phone and dialed.

 

 

“Yes?” a silky voice asked.

 

 

“I want you to take care of the Kie brothers. They have failed me. Show them what it means to have failed me. Dispose of them however you wish.”

 

 

“Yes,” replied the voice in what can be described as an almost happy tone.

 

 

Kame slammed the phone shut. He hailed a cab.

 

 

“Take me to the hospital now!” Kame called. The driver hearing the urgency in Kame’s voice slammed on the gas and they were off. As they drove, his thoughts turned back to Yamapi.

 

 

Maybe it’s really nothing. All he wanted was the script. He didn’t mean to anger me. At least he got her to safety, even though it should’ve been me…

 

 

He clenched his hands resting on his knees. His eyes shone with worry for the girl lying at that moment in the hospital bed, slowly gaining conscience.