Rescued?

Abducted

I struggle viciously kicking and squirming as hard as I can until a sheen of sweat sticks the bag to my forehead in a most uncomfortable way, but the thick arms around me, hold me as if they’re made of iron or steel and I’m only glass. I try to scream, but I know it’s already useless.

 

 

The bag over my head muffles my cries and I’m disoriented. I can’t tell where they’re taking me, or what they want. I know I lost my memories due to trauma from a previous kidnapping attempt, but since I can’t remember any of it, everything feels new and even more menacing to me. My heart is racing; I can’t think calmly, I don’t know what to do. Fear courses through my veins like fire and ice, a cold burning that doesn’t abate. Everything inside of me is screaming at me to get away, but I just don’t know how. I know I’m in danger, and yet a part of me can’t help but worry about Yamapi. Will he find out that I’m missing soon? Will he be able to find me? I have never prayed so hard in my life as I am now.

 

 

Suddenly, I hear a car screech to a stop somewhere nearby. The man holding me tightens his grip, and I hear what sounds like the trunk opening. Oh my gosh. They’re going to stuff me in the trunk!

 

 

I know I’m going to die. What will they do? Play with me? Taunt me? Hold me for ransom? Either way, I know that I’ll end up dead, and my mind paralyzes with fear at the thought. What was I in my past life that I should have something like this happen to me in this life? There is a sense of weightlessness as I’m tossed into the trunk before I slam into the rough compartment. I gasp in pain as I try to catch a breath that doesn’t come for a second. The trunk slams shut. I’m truly trapped.

 

 

All too clearly, I hear the car doors open, the sound of people getting in and then the doors closing once more, and then the start of the engine. Suddenly, the car surges forward and I’m jostled from side to side in this pitch blackness.

 

 

I struggle to remove the tangled bag from my upper torso. Somehow I manage to get it halfway off, but then it gets stuck around my shoulders and no matter how hard I struggle, it just seems to get tighter. I decide to abandon the attempt, and instead squirm as far as I can into the back of the crammed space, curling up into a fetal position. I can’t count the minutes that go by in that hell hole. They seem endless, and I am scared that soon, they will end. What will happen to me when they reach whatever destination we’re headed for?

 

 

As horrible thoughts and possibilities assail my paralyzed mind, I am vaguely aware of a gunshot, and the car screeching to a halt. My head slams into the roof of my cramped compartment and I hiss in pain.

 

 

Maybe…maybe someone has come to rescue me? There were people at the food stand, right? Someone must have described the kidnapping scene to the police and they somehow managed to track me. Or maybe it’s Yamapi who has the superhuman ability to get through things, even if they might seem impossible. Hope surges in my heart and I strain to hear something, anything more. I can make out the faint sounds of yelling, and the sound of quick footsteps-people running away. I can’t believe it. I’m saved! Unless, the people running are my rescuers. Or, what if my rescuers manage to catch those thugs, and don’t look in the trunk? What if I’m going to be abandoned here? What if I die of starvation before anyone comes?

 

 

Suddenly, I am feeling very claustrophobic, and try to call out for help. But my voice has become hoarse and raw from crying out so much already, and I only manage a sound between a choking sob and a whimpering wail.

 

 

Suddenly, the trunk is thrown open, and a pair of nimble hands works its way through the strings of the bag I’ve become ensnared in carefully untangling them. Somehow, I just know this is my rescuer. I don’t flinch away. When the hood is finally removed, I blink dazedly at the silhouette leaning above me. The sun is so bright in the background; I can only make out his shape.

 

 

“Are you alright?” he asks gently, and with his words, recognition dawns in my mind.

 

 

“K—kamenashi-san!” I cry flinging myself at him and beginning to cry violently, “H-how did you find me? Where are those b—bad guys who k—kidnapped me?” He sits on the edge of the opened trunk and pulls me onto his lap, holding me while I cling to him, soaking his shirt with my tears. He rubs gentle, soothing circles into my back and makes soft, crooning, calming sounds. After a while, my sobs subside, and I draw back awkwardly.

 

 

“Th—thank you,” I tell him sincerely. He cups my face in his hands and wipes away the smudged tear streaks that stain my cheeks. He brushes some of the tangled hair out of my eyes, and tucks it behind my ear all the while looking at me with urgent care and concern.

 

 

“Dawn,” he says slowly, “I need you to come with me. You’re still in danger. I’ve been worried about you, and I made some discoveries that you need to know about regarding this kidnapping…but…I can’t tell them to you here. Come,” he patiently helps lift me from the trunk and sets me on my feet. I sway a little but his arm around my shoulder steadies me.

 

 

“Alright. I don’t care. Please just get me out of here.” I beg. He nods in kind understanding. We understand each other. No words need to be spoken. He simply turns the both of us away and begins walking. I don’t know where we were headed, and frankly, I don’t care. I just know that I need to get away. My heart is still hammering as we make our escape. Kamenashi—san takes the phone from his pocket and calls the nearest detective agency.

 

 

“Yes, there was an attempted kidnapping. I didn’t see the faces of the kidnappers, but they’ve run off by now. However, their car is here, and I recommend you come and investigate immediately.” he says. He waits while the speakers on the other end begin to ask questions and he answers them without batting an eyelash. When they’re done, he dials another number.

 

 

“Hello. Job well done. You will definitely be rewarded. The cops are headed to the scene right now. Of course the odds that they’ll catch those kidnappers is unlikely, but I really must thank you for personally helping me find Dawn. Yes, she is with me now, and is safe…” he eyes me with a slight smile, “although she’s a little shaken up. Yes. I will call you again. Soon.” He hangs up with a flourish, and we continue down the road.


 

“Don’t worry, Dawn,” Kamenashi-san smiles encouragingly at me, “we’re almost home.”

 

 

 

 

 

*Alright here's the next update! ...If you guys are even there still. :P I know it's short. Hontoni gomen!! But I hope it's good. -Hopeful smile- Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!*~Luvjpop