A Tinge of Jealousy

Abducted

Kame kept the smile plastered to his face as he helped Jessica into the car. But inside, he seethed.

 

 

How could she worry about Yamapi like that? Once he came back, all she thought and said revolved around him…

 

 

“Goodbye! And welcome back! Have a wonderful evening! Rina made a banana cream cake and there’s extra if you want it!”

 

 

He slid smoothly into the driver’s seat. No matter. He had her for the night. He would start to slowly but surely turn Jessica’s (Dawn’s-he smirked) affections to him.

 

 

It was obvious that Yamapi had feelings for Jessica too. The black look he’d shot Kame had spoken volumes. The way his hands had clenched into fists…Hah! Yamapi was jealous! He smiled, satisfied at that thought. But it would be better if Yamapi just gave up. After all, Jessica was his. It was fate. Destiny had interceded with them before, and destiny would see them together. Yamapi was just no match for such otherworldly inevitabilities. It was just too bad that she’d lost all her memories…

 

 

Well there was nothing he could do worrying about that. He’d just have to start over with her. Just because she couldn’t remember, didn’t mean that she was different. Subconsciously, she still knew who she was. Her kind, concerned personality was still the same as it had been all those years ago. Always wanting to please, always wanting to help…

 

 

“Did you and Yamapi get into a fight?” Jessica’s voice warm and sweet turned his attention to her.

 

 

“Huh? Why would you say that?” he asked tenderly, calmingly. It was obvious she was upset.

 

 

“When he came home, you both changed. It seemed like you were really…angry with each other…and,” she struggled to find the right word, “You both are good people. I’m sure whatever misunderstanding you’ve had isn’t that big a deal. You should stay friends.”

 

 

See? Proof that she’s still that beautiful, loving girl who can’t stand to see others hurting. I didn’t misjudge her. She’s still my wonderful, perfect Jessica.

 

 

“Of course,” Kame said lightly, “Now, let’s go to dinner,”

 

 

“Where are we going?” she asked interestedly.

 

 

“You’ll see,” he looked at her intensely. She was so small. So delicate. She was perfect.

 

 

He turned his gaze to the road as his thoughts turned to their first official date and the surprise he had waiting for her. Nothing would ruin this night for him.

 

 

Nothing.