Temper Tantrum

Abducted

Yamapi paced the living room, unconsciously grinding his teeth. He was angry. His girl had gone on a date with another man, and was now passed out in bed because of it. He wanted to walk over to Kame and give him a good, hard punch on the nose. It would definitely make him feel better, but he knew it wouldn’t change anything. He decided that when Dawn woke up, he’d question her about Kamenashi-san and the date they had gone on.

 

 

Rina and his okaa-san stood in the entryway watching him nervously. He knew he was worrying them, but at that moment, what was he supposed to do? He wanted to protect Dawn, and that meant keeping her faaaaaar away from Kamenashi-san.

 

 

“From now on, don’t let Kamenashi-san in here,” he commanded his mother and sister.

 

 

“Why?” Rina asked skeptically.

 

 

“Because, I don’t like him,” Yamapi replied shortly.

 

 

“Tomohisa!” he flinched as his mother called out his first name, “You know better than to give me orders! Besides what happened wasn’t intentional. Kamenashi-san seems like a nice young man, and just because you suddenly ‘don’t like him’ you want me to kick him out?!”

 

 

“Ano...hai? (Um…yes)?” Yamapi tried to win her over with a coaxing smile, but because she was his mother, it didn’t work. He had always been able to persuade coworkers, fangirls, in fact any girls with that smile…it just figures that it won’t work on okaa-san.

 

 

“Young man! I am extremely disappointed in you! Just randomly saying you don’t like him and not letting him come here. He has been very respectful to all of us here. Is there a reason you don’t want him here? Did he do anything to you? Is that why?”

 

 

“Um…I just don’t like him…” Yamapi did not want to talk to his mother about his jealousy issues. That would not only be completely and utterly humiliating, it also wouldn’t soften her heart to listen to him. Therefore, he resolved to handle this himself since he obviously wasn’t going to get any support from his oh-so-loving and doting mother.

 

 

While his okaa-san went back to check on the sleeping Dawn, Rina slowly approached him.

 

 

“Onii-chan, you’re not acting like yourself. What’s really going on?” Rina asked him concerned.

 

 

Yamapi glanced at her, and then felt he might as well tell her. He wanted someone to watch over Dawn when he couldn’t be there. Rina was as good a person as any. So he led her up to his room and closed the door. Then taking a deep breath, he turned to face his imoutou-chan (little sister).

 

 

“I like Dawn,” he said. He saw her eyes light up and open to squeal in excitement and he quickly plowed on cutting her off, “Part of the reason I don’t want Kamenashi-san here, is that yes, I’m jealous. But more than that, the place he took her to on their date, made her into this state. I don’t know why, but I feel that Kamenashi-san knew what he was doing and what would happen when he took her there. I think he hurt Dawn on purpose.”

 

 

Rina’s eyes had grown as big as flying saucers as he had spoken, “How do you know?” she whispered putting a hand to .

 

 

“I don’t know; it’s like a 6thsense. Call it instinct. I can’t give a logical explanation, it was just the feeling.”

 

 

Rina nodded quickly. She had learned from experience to trust her brother’s feelings.

 

 

Like one time, when they were going to eat at a nice restaurant and he hadn’t eaten anything because it didn’t feel right. Later, okaa-san and Rina had gotten food poisoning. They’d had to stay in bed for a week!

 

 

 Or that time Yamapi was supposed to go with Rina to pick out a birthday cake for the surprise party for okaa-san and he had taken the long way to the store-because it felt right. When they were traveling back with the cake, they found out there had been a car accident and they would have gotten hit if they’d gone the short way. Yes, onii-chan’s intuition was not something to ignore.

 

 

“Don’t worry, onii-chan,” Rina nodded solemnly, “I won’t leave Dawn alone with that man if he comes over again.”

 

 

“Thanks sis,” Yamapi smiled relieved as he ruffled her hair affectionately. Rina laughed and pushed his hand away.

 

 

“Soooooooo?” she asked, her eyes glistening delightedly.

 

 

“Soooooooo what?”

 

 

“Soooooooo you like Dawn?! Since when? Are you going to confess? Are you going to ask her on a date?” Rina spewed the questions at him all at once.

 

 

“Woaw, woaw! Slow down! Yes, I like Dawn. Since a while ago. Yes I will and yes I will. Sheesh! Girls talk too much,” Yamapi muttered but he was grinning in spite of himself at Rina’s evident pleasure.

 

 

“If I’m going to watch over her for you, I want details!” demanded Rina.

 

 

“Is this blackmail?-My little sister is blackmailing me?” Yamapi raised an eyebrow.

 

 

“Maybe,” she giggled, “Come on. Spill.”

 

 

Yamapi needless to say, felt quite uncomfortable. He’d never had a ‘girly’ talk before. It was really weird. Guys, he decided, weren’t meant to talk about their feelings and give ‘juicy details’ to anyone. It wasn’t how guys worked. But he found himself slowly and painfully being raked over the coals by his little sister of all people in order to guarantee that she’d stick with Dawn no matter what. What guys did for love!

 

 

Girls should really appreciate all that us guys go through for the girls we love. he grumbled to himself. It was with great relief when okaa-san came in to check on them and tell them that it was time for bed.

 

 

“Besides, Tomo-chan, you are officially releasing your new single with Kamenashi-san tomorrow, ne? You need to get your rest. Hopefully your mood will be better tomorrow and you can work pleasantly with him,” she added as she left the room. Yamapi’s grin slid from his face. Rina had already left for her own room. As the door closed behind okaa-san, Yamapi turned his face into his pillow and groaned angrily.

 

 

“I don’t want to see that guy!” he whined to himself, “I want to ditch and take Dawn on a date…but as long as I’m with Kamenashi-san, I can tell him to steer clear of Dawn, and I’ll also be guaranteeing that he’s nowhere near Dawn. If I can’t be with Dawn tomorrow, he definitely can’t!”

 

 

With that in mind, he drifted off to sleep and had pleasant dreams that all consisted of Dawn.