Caught!!

Abducted

UNITED STATES

 

 

I sighed impatiently and raked my fingers through my silky, brown tresses and shoved my math book roughly away from me.

 

 

Who’s the stupid jerk who invented math? I seethed, Whoever it was, when I die, I’ll haunt them even if they’re just a ghost too!

 

 

Sighing, I got to my feet and headed downstairs. I’d finish it tomorrow. My friends would help explain the problem to me and help me solve it. For now, my stomach was growling. I grabbed a microwavable dinner and shoved it into the microwave. I pressed the button and watched my food slowly rotate around in the microwave’s yellow glow. When it beeped, I grabbed it and winced as I burned my fingers. Holding it gingerly, I grabbed a fork and headed to the computer. I took a bite of pasta and pulled up my email account. I quickly emailed my parents.

 

 

Hi Mom, Dad.

 I miss you guys! I’m doing okay though. I just finished my homework and I’m eating dinner. I can’t wait to come home and visit in three weeks! I hope you guys are doing okay, and that you aren’t overworking yourselves. If you are, remember, you’ll have me to answer to when I get home!

Love as always,

Jess

 

 

After I’d sent my weekly email, I wolfed down the rest of the pasta. It’s always good to eat a lot of calories before you go running. I brushed my teeth quickly and changed into a cute jogging outfit I had bought recently. It was cute and comfortable; a runner’s best friend. I swept my hair back in a ponytail and walked outside. It was beautiful outside. The sun was warm with just the smallest trace of a cool breeze dancing by. The skies were a deep azure and the clouds looked just like cotton balls. Smiling, I locked the door to my house and slipped my key in my pocket. Then with a happy sigh, I started jogging the familiar mile-long path I ran every day.

 

 

The birds sang as I flew by. I laughed in pleasure. There is just nothing like running. It’s the closest a person can get to flying without wings. I panted in ecstasy as I rounded a corner smoothly. I slowed to a walk as I turned the corner. I could have easily run it, but it was a small stretch of beauty. It was a small patch of path that no one took at this time of day. Small wildflowers had sprouted along the edges stretching for the sun and sunlight filtered through small trees. 

 

 

Suddenly a twig snapped. I spun around, but there was no one there. I quickly dismissed it as a squirrel playing around, but for some reason, my heart had started pounding even though I wasn’t running. I continued walking, but at a faster pace. Soon, I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw two burly men running in my direction. Normally, I would have thought they were runners too, but they were staring directly at…me. I inhaled sharply, my heel and propelled myself forward. My heart beat wildly, adrenaline shot through my veins. I felt like I was on fire. I came to the end of the small path and rounded the corner again only to run into the arms of two more men.

 

 

I struggled and kicked, but their grip on me was too strong. A rag was pressed over my mouth and my world went black. The last thing I remembered seeing were the two guys I’d seen behind me catch up to us and one of them say as though from far away, “Caught her!”

 

 

When I woke up I was groggy. What had happened? Then my memory came flooding back and, my nerves kicked in at light-speed. I struggled to sit up only to discover that I was bound and gagged. At least they hadn’t blindfolded me! I whipped my head around this way and that. Maybe I was hallucinating? I’m sure I was because if you’re being kidnapped, you aren’t left in a luxurious room with leather furniture and a plush carpet and plasma screen tv, and a mini fridge and well, you get the picture. The door was pushed open and I recognized the face of one of my captors.

 

 

“It’s alright,” he tried to soothe me, “You’re in no danger, really. In fact, we hope to give you the highest comforts on our journey. We hope you’ll be cooperative and that we can all get along.”

 

 

My eyes widened. What crap is this? I’m in no danger? I was freaking kidnapped! They want to comfort me? I was bound and gagged! What in the world was going on? These were some strange kidnappers.

 

 

I glanced down at my gag as best I could. He seemed to get the hint and gently removed it. I decided to play it safe for now. I’d get all the information I could, and then find some way to escape.

 

 

“Where am I?” I demanded haughtily.

 

 

“We’re on the boss’s private jet.” Wow. That was a direct answer.

 

 

“And where are you taking me?” My voice was flecked with ice. Geez I was good!

 

 

“We’re taking you to the boss in Japan.” stated the man.

 

 

Japan?! “And who’s your boss?” I narrowed my eyes.

 

 

“We cannot tell you, I’m sorry.” he replied not sounding sorry at all.

 

 

I reviewed what I’d just heard in my head. Japan. They’re taking me to Japan. I had only been there once before. I had been…what…maybe ten years old? At least I knew enough Japanese to get by. If I was on a private jet, I would have to wait until it landed and then get the heck out of here. I could find someone who could help me…

 

 

My thoughts were snapped back to the present. A small monitor on the tv was beeping.

 

 

“Arriving at destination in ten minutes,” a computerized voice floated by. I felt someone untying my hands and feet. It was another of those guys who’d kidnapped me. I didn’t talk to him. I walked around the jet exploring it. Not for entertainment, but so that I could more easily plan an escape route. I didn’t turn on the tv or eat anything from the mini fridge. I wasn’t going to accept anything my kidnapper had prepared for me. If I ever got the chance, I’d kick him where it hurt! I was so mad, but I didn’t let my anger show.

 

 

My confidence had grown because of the sudden politeness of my current captors. I underestimated them. That was my mistake.

 

 

“Arrived at destination,” the annoying computer told me.

 

 

I tensed slightly. As the jet landed in a small clearing, the four men now dressed in black, started pushing me towards the door.

 

 

No one was leading me.

 

 

They thought I was being very cooperative.

 

 

Too bad for them.

 

 

As soon as I saw the starry, night sky, I took off. I heard swearing and threats coming from behind me, but I kept sprinting forward. Branches scratched at my arms and legs; wind whipped through my hair that had lost my ponytail. I was going to make it! I was euphoric! I was…falling. I sprawled to the ground. My foot had twisted on a root and a cry of pain escaped from my lips as the bone snapped.

 

 

“She’s this way!”  I heard one of them yelling. In seconds, I was again in the arms of the men who looked like FBI agents. Tears escaped me as my leg was jostled. I was ashamed when a whimper crept past my lips.

 

 

The one who had told me to cooperate towered over me, his face purple with fury even in the dark, I could make it out.

 

 

“You. Will. Never. Do. That. Again.” He hissed in a suddenly deadly voice. My eyes widened in fright because these weren’t the same polite guys on the jet. These eyes had the promise of murder in them. I wouldn’t put it past them. I bit my lip and tried to stop my body from shaking as silent sobs wracked pain throughout my body and my broken leg. These people actually scared me. These people were dangerous. My idiotic brain hadn’t picked up on that before, but now, I knew, and now, I was afraid.