An Unexpected Happenstance

Abducted

That night, Kame stood in the hot shower letting the hot water roll down his arms and didn’t even bother to brush away the water droplets that clung to his cheeks. He dunked his whole head under the spout and wiped his eyes with his hands. He had to calm down. Right now, he was in a murderous rage and that rage was directed at a single individual. Yamapi.

 

 

Letting out an angry cry, Kame slammed his fist against the wet wall. It didn’t help his hand, but it made him feel slightly better. The plan for taking a shower to calm down wasn’t working. In frustration, he yanked the handle and turned the water off. He stepped out of the shower onto the plush rug and grabbed his ruby-red robe slinging it on. Water streamed from his dark hair onto the robe but he hardly noticed. He looked like a determined prince with his eyes flecked with determination and his dark wet hair standing out against the red of the bath robe.

 

 

He yanked the towel from the rack and started towel-drying his hair. He walked from the steaming bathroom and into his audibly cooler room. There, he tossed the bathrobe into a corner and donned a loose, butterscotch-white shirt that hung from his frame loosely. He also put on some loose pants that didn’t take away from his dark, princely aura one bit. If anything, he looked even more beautiful and intimidating in that slack, outfit than he did when he was posing for pictures for the paparazzi in a form-fitting designer outfit.

 

 

Barefoot, he walked out to the living room and picked up his cell phone resting in the middle of the table in there, and then fell back heavily against his dark, leather couch. Flipping his phone open he stared at it for a second; his dark eyes calculating. After five, long seconds, he dialed a number and held the phone up to his ear.

 

 

The phone rang five times before someone picked up and an irritated voice on the other end.

 

 

“Fang,” Kame said silkily. Immediately the other voice changed to a hurried, respectful greeting and a ‘what can I do for you’.

 

 

“It’s time. The plan we discussed earlier, I want it done tomorrow night. Is that clear?”

 

 

“Yes sir, of course sir,” said Fang’s nervous voice from the other end.

 

 

“You have not failed me before. It would be a pity if you did so now. How you took care of the Kie brothers was wonderful. I expect you to perform this mission with the same satisfactory results,”

 

 

Despite the situation and the man he was talking to, Fang grinned and his eyes narrowed. He and his boys had definitely had fun taking care of the Kie brothers. Although it was a little too easy. This mission definitely was interesting and despite his fear of Kamenashi-san, he was looking forward to it.

 

 

“Yes, sir,” he said his voice salivating with relish.

 

 

“Oh, and Fang? One more thing.” Kame paused. His lips drew back from his teeth in a half snarl half grin.

 

 

“Yes sir?” Fang asked curious at the tone change in Kamenashi-san’s voice.

 

 

“You did receive my note the other night, didn’t you?”

 

 

“Yes. We got it sir.”

 

 

“I want you to take care of him too. But do it only when I give the signal. Leave him alone for now, but the time is coming and I want to be there to see it.”

 

 

“Oh. Alright. Of course. Is that all?” Fang asked in surprise. Kame had never taken interest in how they did their job before. It was strange that he wanted to be there. Did he think they didn’t know how to kill a person? That was part of their trade. But whatever the boss wanted, was what the boss got.

 

....

 

Kame didn’t answer him, but instead ended the call. He flung his phone beside him amongst the leather cushions and ruffled his hair with his hand. His eyes gleamed in anticipation and he slid to his feet to pour himself a glass of water from the kitchen.

 

 

Tomorrow night…it would all come together tomorrow night. Kame was in such a good mood, he started humming Keep the Faith. A song that he and KAT-TUN had performed countless times. His doorbell sounded through the otherwise silent house. Kame stopped humming and strode to the door. He flung it open and the sight that greeted him made him raise an eyebrow.

 

 

“Nani (What)?”

 

 

He was greeted by the eager, puppy-dog faces of Jin, Ueda, and Nakamaru. Without bothering to answer him, they pushed past him into his house and started plopping themselves onto the sofa and hunting through his fridge.

 

 

“OI! What are you guys doing?” Kame demanded.

 

 

“We’re here to celebrate!!!!!!” sing-songed Nakamaru who was helping himself to a bowl of fruit.

 

 

“Celebrate what?” Kame asked exasperated. He had been in such a good mood, and then these whackos just had to show up. Couldn’t he at least have a nice, quiet evening alone? In peace? To gloat about his approaching victory? Now he had to deal with these guys instead.

 

 

“Your and Yamapi’s hit single,” Jin rolled his eyes as if it was obvious; “Your ratings have already hit Number One on the charts. We’re here to congratulate you,”

 

 

“No you’re here to eat me out of house and home,” mutter Kame under his breath.

 

 

“Yeah, that too,” Ueda who had very good hearing called from across the room. Nakamaru sat down next to Ueda and handed him an apple. Jin was busy flipping out his phone and dialing for pizza. He ordered twenty boxes of pizzas and hung up grinning.

 

 

“You’re seriously gonna eat all that?” Kame asked always amazed at what his band could accomplish (like singlehandedly eating twenty boxes of pizza, or having a marathon of all the dramas, and shows and performances they had ever done in only one night.)

 

 

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaai (Yeeeeeeeeees)!” chorused his friends.

 

 

“Koki and Taguchi will join us later. They said to tell you sorry for being late, but they had a talk show to do,” Nakamaru informed him.

 

 

“By the way, Kame, how’s the ‘girl problem’ working out?” Jin asked trying to be nice.

 

 

“WHAT? Kame has girl problems?!” Nakamaru sat forward his eyes round, “No way! What happened?”

 

 

Ueda hadn’t said anything, but sat up in his chair his face just as eager as Nakamaru’s, leaning forward to hear what Kame said next. Kame rounded on Jin his eyes staring daggers. Jin seemed strangely unaffected by the murderous look.

 

 

“I DON’T HAVE ANY GIRL PROBLEMS!” bellowed Kame. He glared furiously at Jin who just shrugged and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. Kame decided he needed to practice his evil glare more. If it didn’t scare Jin, it would definitely not intimidate Yamapi. He pouted to himself.

 

 

“You so do too! You’re totally in denial,” Ueda said quite seriously, his eyes were the only thing that gave him away that he was enjoying watching Kame squirm.

 

 

“Ha! Kame’s in denial? Hahaha. Tell us! We’re all friends here. Pretty please?” grinned Nakamaru, “I promise whatever is said here, stays here.”

 

 

Kame sulked moodily on the plush carpet. He was not going to sit next to Jin on the otherwise empty sofa (that traitor!). He quickly evaded their questions and was actually relieved when the pizza man rang the bell. He and Jin trooped downstairs to get it and haul it in. After that, the guys quickly forgot about Kame’s girl problems, and focused their undivided attention on the towering boxes of pizza before them.