A Plan in Action

Abducted

The next day, NewS with determination and enthusiastic excitement (they’d never been spies before, only seeing it on television) headed out to complete their ‘top secret missions’.

 

 

 Tegoshi had an extra spring in his step as he and Massu, dressed in matching, trench coats, with flat, black-buckled boots, sunglasses, and freshly tousled hair, made their way to a street vendor selling steamy bowls of hot, beef and vegetable ramen.

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me,” Tegoshi smiled happily at the man behind the cart his excitement emanating from him in waves. Massu elbowed him hard in the side and Tegoshi glanced at him with a pout and a what-did-I-do expression. Massu shook his head and flicked his bangs out of his face. Tegoshi’s eyes rounded in understanding. He quickly turned back to the vendor and said in a much lower, more ‘aggressive’ voice, “Hey. Me and my pal here want two orders of ramen to go.” Massu began to nod his approval at Tegoshi’s super-cool, spy personality until Tegoshi added, “Please.”

 

 

Oi Tesshi! What are you doing saying please? A good spy keeps things short and simple and acts secretive and intimidating. You aren’t doing this very well. Massu thought-grumbled to himself. But he didn’t say anything as the vendor man trying to contain a smile and look accordingly nervous handed over the orders. Tegoshi’s ‘indifferent’, “Thank you,” and tip were also ‘ignored’ so that Tegoshi left feeling very accomplished and spy-erific.

 

 

Tegoshi and Massu slurped their ramen happily, as they got into their car and drove to the Johnny’s parking lot. They enjoyed the rumble of the engine, and the bumps that had them rattling like maracas in their seats, and talked about the mission and how obviously their job was the most important one of all the other members.

 

 

As they turned into the Johnny’s parking lot, they drove around to find the ideal spot, and ended up arguing about three possible spots before settling on one that in the end, they agreed was the perfect one. They made sure to park where the entrance to Johnny’s could be easily seen, but Kamenashi-san’s car could also be spotted. Then they the radio to a background noise and prepared to wait.

 

 

After five minutes, they were extremely, completely, horribly, pitifully bored.

 

 

Digging into his gray trench-coat pocket, Massu retrieved his cell and dialed Shige’s number at Tegoshi’s insistence.

 

 

.....

 

Shige and Ryo unlike the TegoMass duo, were dressed simply. Ryo wore a pair of ripped, street jeans and a blue t-shirt that said in yellow block-letters: You only wish you were this fab. Shige wore a white undershirt with a black vest, and a pair of designer jeans with a chain. Unlike Ryo, his outfit didn’t need to tell everyone he looked ‘fab’. It was a dead give-away.

 

 

 

The two of them had been following Kamenashi-san all morning, and hadn’t gotten tired of it yet. Kamenashi had just walked into the bathroom after a gruesomely hard dance practice that even though Ryo and Shige didn’t like him, made them wince in sympathy for him. He’d had breakfast in the cafeteria, and done a costume fitting, before heading to the bathroom. So far, no signs that anything was out of the ordinary.

 

 

They both stayed at the far end of the hall, hidden by a small grove of potted plants so that Kamenashi-san wouldn’t see them when he exited, but gave them a clear view of the hall. They’d been so intense on their mission, that they had barely talked to each other, trying to stay as silent and discreet as possible. That’s why when Shige’s ring-tone of “Taiyou no Namida” went off, they both jumped about a foot in the air and Shige with fumbling hands managed to grab the infernal phone. He made a mental note to himself to keep his phone on silent when on important missions for their almighty leader. After checking caller ID, he glared hard at the name on the screen before flipping it open with an angry, “What is it?”

 

 

“Shiiiiiiiiiiige, we’re so boooooooooored!” whined Massu from the other end.

 

 

“Yeah, nothing’s happening!” Tegoshi’s voice called from farther away, “What’s going on over there? Is Kamenashi-san going to come out soon? It’s been five minutes already.”

 

 

“I don’t know,” Shige hissed.

 

 

 Ryo leaned closer to listen in as well. Shige looked at him as if to ask What you’re listening in on my private calls now? And Ryo responded with a shrug and an I’m bored. This is interesting. Just deal with it. look.

 

 

“Look, nothing’s going on right now. I’ll text you when he starts to head for the parking lot, Ee desu ka (is that fine?)”

 

 

“Haaaaaaai!” chorused Tegoshi and Massu at the same time before hanging up. Ryo and Shige lowered themselves onto a bench just behind them and waited for Kamenashi-san to keep moving. After two minutes, they were also extremely bored and started playing games on their phones, trying to beat each other’s top scores.

 

 

 

Kame had checked to make sure the bathroom was completely deserted before he locked the door. He immediately whipped out his phone, and called Fang. The gangster answered immediately with a quick, “Yes boss?”

 

 

“Are you in position?” Kame whispered. Even though he was in a locked bathroom, he wanted to be sure that no one heard him…and he wasn’t 100% positive that there weren’t hidden cameras placed in the bathrooms by certain weird people. Who knows? Fangirls could have easily bribed the janitors to set them up and Kame (after having a nightmare about such a situation once) never felt comfortable about being alone in a Johnny’s bathroom since.

 

 

“Yes, sir, we are,” confirmed Fang. That guy-Yamapi-and that girl you mentioned have been trailed and followed ever since they left their house two hours ago. It seems it’ll be hard getting them separated, though. Yamapi clings to her like glue. I honestly wonder if we’ll even have an opening.”

 

 

“Just stay on them,” Kame ordered, “They will be separated if I have to send someone down there to separate them to make it happen. Don’t worry and just do your job.”

 

 

“Yes sir,” Fang replied crisply then…, “Sir?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Well, we’ve got your orders and everything, but…”

 

 

“Spit it out baka,” Kame growled. This was not the day of all days to be hesitating!

 

 

“Well…I know we won’t do anything to Yamapi yet, because you want to be there for your revenge…but do you really want us to…you know. Because he is an idol, not to mention, a very famous idol. If we were ever found out, we would get arrested for life, and die, and then be resurrected by murderous fan girls and killed all over again. I know that you of all people know how scary fan girls are. They could rival gangs if they got riled, and getting on their bad side….they’re like their own type of gang in a way and anyway, if we’re found out, it’s all over for all of us. You have a guarantee safety net, being an idol, so should we even…”

 

 

“Stop.” Kame said softly…dangerously. He walked over to the windows and peered out at the crowded parking lot, his dark eyes taking everything in, roaming, “Look. This is all my plan. I will make sure that you don’t get found out and nothing’s traced back to you. I already have five possible false trails that will keep the police on a goose chase for months, possibly years set up. Don’t worry about a thing and just do your job. Just know that if you disappoint me, angry fan girls are the least of your worries.”

 

 

.....

 

Fang gulped and nodded quickly before he remembered that Kame couldn’t see him and he hastily added, “Of course. We understand.” The fine, dark hairs on the back of his neck stood up as he heard Kame’s low, throaty chuckle from the other end. It was satisfied, dark, and treacherous.

 

 

“Good.” Then his boss hung up. He turned back to surveying the targets with the handpicked five men whom he trusted with this mission-not with his life, but with this mission- and bit his lip. It was a habit he had done as a child when he was nervous and worried. A habit which he’d thought he’d grown out of. He shook his head to force his thoughts back to the present as his cold hard gaze raked the two sitting in the park on a bench talking. He had a job to focus on.

 

 

.....

 

Yamapi had begun to relax ever-so-slightly. Dawn had gotten her cast removed just two days ago, and had started to get better at walking around on her foot again. So he’d decided to plan something special for them to do together as a kind of ‘congratulations on getting your cast off’ occasion. That morning, he had gotten up early, and made breakfast for Rina, and Dawn (his mother had already left for work) and had sent his sister off to the fun day she’d planned. Once she was gone, he happily turned to Dawn who had just finished eating her pancakes and side dish of fruit, and invited her to go on a walk. Her eyes had sparkled as she’d accepted, and he helped her with her button up jacket, and together, they’d made their way to the park.

 

 

Sitting down on a sleek, wooden bench, to watch some children playing, Yamapi turned as Dawn started speaking, “So you don’t have work today?”

 

 

“No.” he laughed, “My company knows I work over time many days, and today, I just needed to get away and have a break. It’s been so hard lately with all the work I have to do and no time to have to myself to do what I want to do.” (Kei-chan had told him to ‘admit’ his troubles to Dawn because according to Shojo mangas (romance comics), it was a way to get girls to sympathize and draw closer to the bishonen (pretty boy) in the story. Yamapi glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes to see if this cheesy talk would actually work on Dawn. To his absolute surprise, it did.

 

 

Her eyes round, she reached out a tentative hand and touched his arm saying, “I’m so sorry that it’s been so hard. Are you sure it’s alright for me to be with you on a day like this? I mean you could be doing something that you really want to do on your vacation time instead of spending it with me."

 

 

“But that’s what I want to be doing-being with you,” Yamapi said quickly before he thought about it. As soon as he realized that he had practically confessed in a weird, round-about way, he clapped his hand over his mouth and turned away, his cheeks blazing scarlet. Dawn’s voice had a smile in it when she said, “Then let’s make sure we do lots of other stuff you want as well, so that you won’t have any regrets.” He turned back to her slowly, head slightly lowered, and gave a tiny nod.

 

 

“I know!” Dawn cried happily, “Since it’s your day off, I’ll treat you to some of that ramen at that vending cart across the park. Does that sound good to you?” Immediately Yamapi nodded and started to get up to go with her, but she shook her head disapprovingly and told him, “I can do this myself. It’s your vacation. Relax, and let me do this for you.”

 

 

 Yamapi rolled his eyes and started to stand up again, but she eye-balled him with a serious, glaring expression and said, “Sit.” Yamapi immediately plopped down on the bench. She took a step backward, eyes still on him. “Stay.” She warned.

 

 

Yamapi looked like a lost little puppy dog, as he nodded and she laughed at his expression before hurrying across the park to the steaming ramen stand. He smiled as he saw how she was walking better on her leg, and enjoyed the sight of her happy gait to the vendor. She slipped behind an obaa-san and a young girl. Two guys got in line behind her, and prepared to wait for their orders too. Yamapi was surprised at how popular the ramen stand was. There was already such a long line.

 

 

He was so happy, he had gotten careless. It was with horror, that he saw the consequences. The two men behind Dawn grabbed her from behind, stuffing a bag over her head and bolting down a side alley. Yamapi sat there for 1.253 seconds before it registered and he was on his feet, anger, fear, and hatred coursing through his veins, making his heart race as he began to give chase. But as he made it to the alleyway, he was stopped by three other guys who looked like they’d be all too happy to break his bones.

 

 

He didn’t care, and flung himself at them trying to get by. But his emotions got the better of him, and he realized too late, that he couldn’t beat them all as they descended upon him. Three to one was an unfair advantage, and as he was thrown to the ground, being kicked in the gut, and hissing in pain, he rolled up into a ball trying to make himself a smaller target for the kicks and metal poles they had procured.

 

 

He cried out in pain as white-hot flashes specked his vision and stars danced in crazy patterns behind his eyelids.

 

 

 The people at the street vendor’s were yelling, and running away, grabbing for their phones as they went and he only prayed they’d call 911. As the blows continued, he struggled quickly to his feet trying his hardest to get Dawn back. He’d been so stupid. What had he been thinking? How could he have left her to go off on her own?

 

 

He winced and cried out as a metal pole made contact with his ribs and a loud cracking sound ripped through the air. Suddenly, his breaths came in painful rattles and the next punch to his face made him reel back to the ground. As his vision began to black out, he saw the three men lower their weapons and follow the other two down the alley. His last thoughts before total oblivion, were of Dawn.

 

 

I’m so sorry.

Please hang in there.

Don’t be scared.

I love you.

 

 

(Sorry guys for the uber long time before I finally got this posted! Hontoni gomen!!! Lately, life had been just so busy, and I’ve had this and that to do. So tonight, I finally decided to just sit down and even if I didn’t know exactly how it would turn out, to just write. I actually think it turned out ok? At least if you are satisfied with it, then I will be. I tried to make it interesting and long. The chapters where everything will be revealed from Kame’s past, to what happens to Yamapi and Dawn will be coming soon! (Or in the distant future! :P) LOL. Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this, and once again, I’m sorry for the late update! Thanks so much for your patience and support.) -Luvjpop