026

Thoughtless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting quietly, Jiyong re-read the last audit in his company. The department where Jiho was assigned lacks half of the budget allotted for the whole year. Not just that, Jiho started to gather some employees to protest against him. Jiyong started to think why they were protesting when he’s paying the right salary, oh … he all slept with them.

 

 

To make it worse, Chaerin is still unable to wake up because of the food poisoning and Jiho disappeared without a trace with the money and Seolhyun. Jiyong cannot actually think straight of the whole situation. He dialed Youngbae’s number because he is the only one in his rational mind as of the moment and he can fix whatever the problem is.

 

 

“I know why the others are doing that. I slept with all of them.” Jiyong said after Youngbae picked up the phone.

 

 

“Oh you already figured that out.” Youngbae told him.

 

 

“You knew all along?” He responded.

 

 

“Everybody knows Jiyong.” His friend replied and Jiyong sighed hard.

 

 

“I really don’t know what to do, Bae. I made this company successful and I cannot give this up but at the same time I cannot give up Chaerin. I want to be there when she wakes up but the moment I step my foot out of this company for a day then Jiho will be the one sitting on my position right now.” He said.

 

 

“Man, Dara and the girls are taking care of everything. And I’m looking for the documents that will prove Jiho is the one behind all of it.” Youngbae reassured him.

 

 

“The cupcakes, Bae. I should’ve been the one suffering instead of Chaerin, we really need to find Jiho right now and Seolhyun.”  He clicked his tongue in annoyance blaming everything to himself.

 

 

“Don’t worry about that, just sleep for tonight and be a CEO like you always do. Don’t let all the problems go into your head. Chaerin’s doing fine.” Youngbae tried to calm his friend.

 

 

“Okay, okay, I’m going to rest for tonight and settle everything I can do tomorrow.” He finally gave up. There was a silence on both lines, none wanted to hang up first. “Thanks man. I really am.” Jiyong said, finally breaking the silence.

 

 

“You’ve helped me enough, it’s my turn to help you back.” Youngbae said before Jiyong decided to hang up his phone.

 

 

Everything was in a daze as Jiyong stood up from his seat, then he tried to look around, the only light that was open was the hallway light that’s always open. He tried memorizing every inch of the building because he cannot be sure whether he can be inside of the company as long as he lives.

 

 

 

“Seolhyun…” Chaerin muttered before losing every bit of consciousness she has.

 

“Chaerin?! Chaerin!” Jiyong shouted in horror when he saw his girlfriend falling unconsciously on the floor. He tried getting her back to senses but unfortunately, anything doesn’t even seem to work. He hurriedly picked his girlfriend’s senseless body and drove to the hospital.

 

 

Chaerin was immediately put into an emergency room as Jiyong waited outside, then his phone started to ring. No, it wasn’t his phone, it was Chaerin’s phone that was ringing. He answered it and before he could ask who the anonymous caller is, he spoke.

 

 

“Did your boyfriend like Seolhyun’s cupcake? Say goodbye now to your boyfriend, nice . I told you already that if you will be a part of my plan then none of this will happen. What’s so hard to make your boyfriend sign a contract that I am the new CEO, huh?! Blondes are really stupid.” Woo Jiho’s voice and laughter can be heard on the other line.

 

 

“You’ll pay for this…” Jiyong coldly said as he waited for Jiho to reply, but there was none. “Hello?!” He half-shouted but he was greeted by the dead line. He waited for the phone to ring again but there weren’t any.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon.” A doctor said, breaking him from his deep-thinking. Jiyong stood up as he bowed his head.

 

 

“We have a case of food poisoning here. As for the matter, it looks like Strychnine was used. It’s not as fast-acting as cyanide or arsenic, strychnine is a colorless powder with a bitter taste that can be slipped unnoticed into a strong drink or as for your girlfriend’s case, her food.  It was a dangerous one, but just like what I said, it’s not fast-acting so it is nice that you found her early…” Jiyong finally had the chance to breathe a little.

 

 

“Unfortunately, she will stay under the hospital’s care for days or for weeks until she wakes up and starts to gain her health back.” The doctor said and Jiyong smiled lightly.

 

 

After Jiho’s disappearance with his secretary, issues came up like Jiyong used girls to make them do things for him. Jiyong however, did not falter because he is used to things like this. But something came up earlier that ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter