Sixteen

Cousins

Jennie’s POV

After three hours, we arrived in ia Beach and the weather is perfect! The temperature is hot and there is a light breeze; it is my favorite kind of weather!

“Are you that happy?” Kai asks as we drive down the small roads leading to the beach.

“Yes!” I answer as I continue to play with the wind with my hand. “Have you ever put your hand out the window as you drive down the road and let the wind dance with your hand? It is one of the best feelings.”  He laughs at me and I give him a questioning look.

“Sorry, I can’t help it,” he answers. ”You are just too cute.” I blush with embarrassment.  Where did that come from? I am not even doing anything.  I look over to him and see his big smile as he drives down the road; the wind blowing his hair every which way. I smile at how handsome he is. Even if he wasn’t from a wealthy family, he would still have girls falling for him left and right.

“You can turn on the music if you’d like.” His eyes meet mine for a second and he looks away embarrassed as his smile gets bigger. “Are you enjoying the view?” His smile has turned into a smirk. Did he have to look over as I was staring at him?

“Yes!” I laugh and his eyes widen at my unexpected response. “You are cute.” I laugh before turning back to the scenery outside of my window. Within a few minutes Kai parked the car but we were definitely not at the beach.

“Why did we stop?” I ask confused. He looks at me with a childish grin before exiting the car and walking away with a smirk on his face. He sure does smirk a lot. I quickly get out of the car and chase after him.

“Where are we going?”

“There.” He says pointing to an arcade not too far in front of us and I laugh.

“I thought we were going to the beach?”

“We are. But I want to play first!” He grabs my hand and runs into the arcade. After entering the arcade, we are both in awe. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but this place is huge!

“What do you want to play first?” he asks with a twinkle in his eye.

“Skee ball?” I say with challenging eyes.

“Winner chooses next game?” He asks.

“Deal!” We both allow our inner child to take over as we race towards the skee-ball and begin to throw balls down the lane. I am doing really good, but from peeking over at his score he is doing better than me. I thought this was supposed to be a girl’s game? I sigh as we both sink our last balls and I lost. He raises both of his arms into the air and gives a loud victory cry, gaining lots of attention from the nearby children and their parents. I consider telling him to hush, but I just laugh instead.

“I win! Next game is basketball!!! Whoooooooo!” He says running towards the free throw arcade game. I race after him an as I reach him he had just finished paying for the game and it tells us to start!

“Yah! Are you trying to start without me?” I ask while grabbing my first ball and sinking it into the basket easily.

“If you can’t keep up then that is not my problem.” He smirks as he repeatedly sinks the ball into the hoop. He is good at this but so am I. Our scores are tied as neither of us makes a single mistake but with 5 seconds left I quickly grab a ball, poke him in the side, and shoot the ball into the basket.

“I WIN!” I shout loudly for everyone to hear.

“YOU CHEATED!” he pointed accursedly.

“You never stated any rules.” My smirk seems to annoy him. It’s amusing.

“Fine. What game do we play next buttercup?”

“What did I tell you about pet names?”  My smirk is now gone and replace with annoyance. I really hate pet names. He smirks at me, only making me more annoyed.

“Sorry, sweet cheeks, I happen to love pet names. What is our next game muffin?” He wiggles his eyebrows at me and have to refrain from punching him in the face.

“Whack-a-mole, so I can show you why you shouldn’t use any pet names with me.” I stomp past him angrily and hear him snicker behind me. Jerk.

Of course, to add to my annoyance, Kai beats me in Whack-a-mole. As well as in every game we played after that. However, I couldn’t stay angry at him after watching him play Dance Dance Revolution; he is really good! He beat the hardest level with extreme ease.

“Looks like I win again!” he says jumping down from the platform.

“What would you like to do next oh dance king?” I laugh.

“Oh, what was that? Does that count as a pet name?”

“No.”

“Fine, fine. There is one more thing I want to do before we hit the beach!” Kai grabs my hand excitedly and pulls me towards a photo booth. It is one of the old fashion ones that gives you 4 small pictures. He pulls me inside the booth and quickly pays for the game.

“The first one should be funny.” He instructs. He immediately makes a chipmunk face and I laugh and mimic him just before the first flash went off.

“Aegyo!” he shouts. He tilts his head to the side, pouts his lips, and makes a heart with his hands. I decide to go with buing buing because it is classic.

“Just show that camera your pretty smile.” He puts his arm around me for the third picture and smiles towards the camera. Following his order, I smile at the camera until the light flashes into our eyes.

“What should we do for the last one?” I ask.

“The same as the third, just to make sure it came out nice.” I shrug and smile towards the camera again but just before the flash goes off, I feel his lips on my cheek.

“K-Kai.” I say shocked.

“Let’s go get those pictures.” He says quickly leaving the booth. I don’t know what to say, I am really shocked. I will just not mention it. I leave the booth as our pictures are printing. Kai quickly grabs them and laughs.

“Come look at these!”  I come to his side and look down at the pictures. The first one alone has me laughing out loud. The second one is super cute; I didn’t expect Kai to be so good at aegyo! The third one of us smiling came out really nice but the last one…the last one my face looks really shocked. My eyes are big and my mouth is hanging wide open.

“I want three and four; you can keep the first two!” He tore the strand of film in the middle and handed me the first two pictures.

“Thank you.”

“Now, to the beach!” he says posing like a super hero and running out of the arcade. I laugh at his childishness and run after him. 

 

===========================================================================================================

Hi Guys! Sorry I didn't update after I came home from my trip like I said I would. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I am sorry for ths chapter being so short, but I wanted to post something for you guys.