One

Cousins

Jennie’s POV

Today is the day my best friend’s mom comes back from Korea and I am so excited! Technically my best friend comes back too but ever since his girlfriend has decided that she doesn’t like me I have been much closer with his mom than I have with him. She is one of the sweetest ladies I know and I can talk to her for hours! Before she left she told me she would bring me back a present and joked that she would bring me back an Asian man because she thinks I would be happy with one. I then jokingly told her I liked them tall! Even though Mrs. Lau says she will bring back a man, I know she won’t bring me anything more than a keychain or t-shirt that says Korea. I pull up in front of her house and see that her car is gone but the lights are on in the house so I assume her son, Yugyeom, is home and make my way to the door. I lift my hand to knock on the door and am startled to see a stranger open the door and Sophie, the Lau’s dog, greets me.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The strange man said.

“Um, who are you? Were you the dog sitter?” I asked looking down and petting Sophie. He chuckled.

“No, I am not the dog-sitter. I live here now!” My eyes grew big and my mouth dropped.

“You live here? Did something happen to the Lau’s?” I asked horrified.

“Oh, no! I live with them! Hi, my name is Henry Lau,” he said smiling warmly and extending his hand, “I am their nephew!”

“Oh,” I said relieved. “My name is Jennie. So, why are you walking Sophie? That is Yugyeom’s job.”

He brought his free hand, the other was holding Sophie’s leash, to his neck and looked embarrassed. I smiled and raised my eyebrow at him.

“Well, he told me that if I walked Sophie for two weeks then he would teach me how to pick up American girls.” He said blushing. I laughed at him. And not just a giggle, but a loud laugh that I could not control. Yugyeom can’t even pick up girls! And when he does they are all horrible people!

“You honestly think Yugyeom can help you find a decent girl? Have you ever even met any of the girls he dates?!”

“Um, no. Should I be worried?”

“Just wait until you meet his possessive girlfriend and you will see what I mean!” Sophie then whined wanting to leave for her walk.

“Ah, I think Sophie wants to go. But, would you like to walk with me? I don’t know the area yet and I might get lost.”

“Sure!” I say leading the way to Sophie’s normal route.

---

Instead of walking around the same couple of blocks, I take Henry to the nearby park and walked with him and Sophie on the trail around the lake. It seems extra pretty today; the weather is perfect, the trees and plants seem healthy and green, and there is perfect breeze blowing on the flowers.

“So, how long will you be living with the Lau’s?” I ask him, hoping he will be staying for a long time. Not only is he extremely attractive but he is funny and sweet! I would love to get to know him more!

“Just for the summer, after that I have to go back to Korea for work.”

“Ah, what do you do?” I asked trying not to sound too interested.

He paused before answering, “I own a ramyun shop. My cooking skills are very famous in Korea.”

“Oh! That is so cool! I would love to try some of your famous ramyun before you go back!” I think I just sounded way too excited. I hope he doesn’t notice how attracted I am to him, which would be so embarrassing. I have to play it cool; if he likes me then he will flirt with me. It is the guy’s job to initiate anyway right?

“I am actually making some for my family tomorrow night! Would you like to join us?” he asked smiling at me. How can I possibly say no to such a handsome smile?

“Sure! What time?”

“Be here at 6!” he said excitedly. Wait, did he say here? I look over and notice that we are already back at the Lau’s house. Darn.

“Thank you for walking with me today, I really enjoyed it!” He said with a sweet smile. Seriously that smile will be the death of me. It’s as if I can’t control my own thoughts when he smiles; he has his own mind control device.

“No problem! I live around the block if you ever need someone to walk with again!” Wow, that sounded lame.

“I will keep that in mind! Have a safe drive home!” He said before taking Sophie inside.

---

Henry’s POV

My phone buzzed again and I reluctantly pick it up to see which member sent me an obnoxious message.

Why did you leave me? I thought we had something special!!!

This message was from Eunhyuk. They have all been texting me random love texts for hours, those annoying punks. My phone then buzzed again.

Not even a goodbye kiss before you leave me? You know how much I love skinship 

Ugh, Siwon is such a dork! I hit reply to Siwon’s text and type:

Sorry baby. Next time I will give you a big smooch for all of the cameras to see.

Two can play this game. My phone buzzed over and over again.

Donghae: Yah, are you cheating on me with Siwon?

Eunhyuk: Yah! Siwon? Really? Are you pabo?

Zoumi: I thought we had something special 

Shindong: My body is way better than Siwon’s.

Kyuhyun: Hey sweet cheeks! That old man Siwon does skinship with everyone. I will treat you well! P.s. play starcraft with me?

Siwon: I am the chosen one!!! Thanks baby! <3

If anyone sees my phone they will think I am gay. But at least they are texting me and not doing this on my twitter. I set my phone aside when I see my tiny aunt trying to reach a jar on a high shelf.

“I got it!” I said handing it to her.

“Oh! Thank you! I am so happy you are here!” she said with her eyes full of sparkle. My aunt could never lie because her eyes show her every emotion!

“No, thank you! I am happy I can be here with you!” I reply.

“I know you don’t like set ups, so I won’t set up any dates for you, but there is a girl I want you to meet.” How am I supposed to object when her eyes are filled with such love for me?

“Ah, I don’t know-” My mind flashes to the girl I walked with today. She was so pretty and I like her personality.

“Before you object, I am not setting you up on a date. She is a close friend to not only Yugyeom but to the entire family and I have thought she would be perfect for you since the day I met her.”

“I’m still not too sure”

“Please? I won’t make you go out and meet her like I would if it was a date but instead invite her to come to the house to hang out with everyone. She already stops by often to say hello when she has some free time!” She said really trying to convince me.

“Well, you see, I met this girl who came to the house today and she helped me walk Sophie-”

“Oh! Who was it?” She asked excited.

“Her name is Jennie and-”

“That’s her! The girl I wanted to introduce to you! Do you like her? Isn’t she pretty?!” She asked looking like she was trying not to hug me and then pinch my cheeks.

“Yes, but I lied to her….” I said lowering my head.

“You what? There is no need to lie to Jennie. Why did you lie to her?”

“I…when she asked me what my job was I told her I owned a ramyun shop.”

“You what?!” She said while hitting me in the head. For such a small lady she is very strong. “You need to tell that girl the truth! She is not the type to care about your celebrity status!”

“I just didn’t want to live as a celebrity this summer. Can you please not tell her? Just for now? I invited her over for dinner tomorrow night.”

“I will keep your secret, but on one condition.”

“What is the condition?” I asked a little scared.

“If you don’t tell her before the month is over, you have to formally ask her out on a date.” She said with a smirk. “And I will also tell her myself.” My mouth dropped and my eyes grew big.

“But that is only two weeks!”

“Then I guess you’d better tell her soon!” She said giving me a devious smile and walking out of the room. She can be so evil. We are definitely related, that devious little genius.