Eleven

Cousins

Mrs Cho’s POV

I sigh as I sip my morning coffee. Jennie’s talk with Henry obviously didn’t go well, but I know that she will tell me about it when she is ready. When she hadn’t come home after a few hours last night I had assumed that her talk went well, but when she came home she went to her room without a word and hasn’t come out to eat or drink at all. I am worried about her. Does Yugyeom know that she is in this state? Looking at the time, I quickly drink the rest of my coffee and put my empty mug into the sink. Grabbing my purse I make my way out of the house, glancing at her closed door as I leave. I should give Yugyeom a call as I head to work. I pull out my phone and it starts to ring.

“Hello,” I answer.

“Mrs Cho! How are you this morning?”

“I am great! How are you, Mrs Kim?”

“Well, to be honest, I called you because I want something!” she says giggling. I smile.

“What could I possibly have that you would want?”

“Jennie!” Now I am the one to giggle. “My dear Kai keeps pestering me about when the next gala or charity event will be because he wants to see your daughter! I was hoping we could set up a date for the two? It will be much cheaper than planning another event just so that he can see her!” Now we are both laughing. But Kai is an amazing suitor and things with Henry obviously have her a little down. This might not be such a bad idea; it might even take her mind off of Henry and make her feel better.

“Okay! When and where would you like this date to be?”

“Oh my, I was expecting to have to beg because you have had your mind so set on Yugyeom!”

“Well, I still want Yugyeom but if he is not going to do anything about his feelings then there is no reason why Kai can’t have a chance!”

“Perfect! How about Friday, Jamin Java, at 2pm?”

“Sounds great! Jennie will be there!”

We end our call and I am almost to work. I am feeling much better now! Even though Yugyeom is my favorite, it might be weird with him being Henry’s cousin and Yugyeom might never admit his feelings for her. Kai is also an amazing young man who could definitely make my Jennie happy! I squeal a little bit as I pull into my parking spot. Time for work!

 

Jennie’s POV

The light coming through the crack between my curtains is going to drive me insane. All I want is a little peace as I stay in bed and not move at all for the entire day. Is that too much to ask without the stupid sun interfering? And, as if the sun isn’t bad enough, my phone buzzes and somebody is knocking on my front door. I look at my phone and see a message from my mom.

Clear your schedule for Friday afternoon. I have set up a date for you. Not going is not an option. Love you!

I stare at my phone in disbelief. My mom has never set me up on a date before. She has always given me the freedom to date whomever I choose, this is very strange.

“Ugh seriously, did you not hear me knocking?!” Yugyeom storms into my room irritated.

I love her.

I still can’t get his words out of my mind.

“I heard you but, as you can see, I am still sleeping. Go away.” I say before rolling over so that my back was facing him. I don’t want him to see how uncomfortable I am right now.

“You know what? I am actually pretty tired from knocking on that door for so long. I could definitely use a nap. Scoot over.”

“NO! Go away Yugyeom.”

“Woah, did I do something?”

I love her.

“I will be okay. Please, just go away?” I plead. Instead of doing as I asked, he climbs into my bed and put his arm around me. Why can’t he just do as he is told for once?

“Don’t push me away when something is bothering you. It makes me sad. Let me be here for you, because I will never leave.” His words are sincere, and now I know just how much he means them. Within a few minutes, he falls asleep with his arm around me. His embrace is warm and comforting but I don’t know if this is okay. Is he my date on Friday? The one person who my mom wants me to date is Yugyeom, did she ask him or did he ask her? After about ten minutes, I fall asleep still in Yugyeom’s embrace.

About an hour later, I wake up with Yugyeom’s arm still around me. I turn to face him and he doesn’t stir at all in his sleep. I take this time to stare at him. He really has grown into a young man. His face is still soft and a little round, but his masculine features were also very defined.  His nose looks like Lee Minho’s and his lips are big and inviting. Yugyeom has grown, tall muscular, and manly right before my eyes but I never gave him a second glace. Should I give Yugyeom a chance? He is top notch in both personality and looks so he is solid there. He also knows and cares for me more than anyone else. Is he really my date on Friday?

“Are you my date on Friday?” I whisper hoping he might talk in his sleep. But his eyes flew open and stare at me in disbelief.

“You have a date on Friday?” he asks, trying not to sound hurt.

“You didn’t know? I was thinking it was you my mom was setting me up with.” Yugyeom removed his arm and sat up in my bed. He looks at me with big, sad eyes.

“Since when does your mom set you up on dates? I thought she never did that.”

“So did I. But I got a text this morning from her telling me that I was going on a date this Friday and I have no choice but to go.” He grabs my hand and holds it gently in his.

“If you decide at any point that you want to leave that date, you call me and I will be there immediately. Okay?” Yugyeom is serious. I nod my head, afraid of what my voice would do. This date is really hurting him and I can’t do anything about it. Why do I always have to hurt him?

Another knock comes from my front door and I raise my eyebrow. Who else would come and knock on my door? Stacy doesn’t knock.

“Do you want me to answer it Mrs. Pajamas?” Yugyeom asks looking me up and down. I cover myself with my blanket; that ert.

“Yes. Go away!”  He laughs at me as he leaves my room and opens the door. My room is not far from the front door so I can hear everything that happens.

“What are you doing here?” Yugyeom says annoyed.

“We are here to see our beautiful lady.” Oh my gosh, is that my Jaebum?!

“She is sleeping. Go away.” Yugyeom says flatly.

“If she is sleeping then why are you here?” Jinyoung asks challengingly.

“Because I slept with her. Now if you will excuse me, I am quite tired and would like to sleep with her again.” Yugyeom says and yawns obnoxiously loud.

“YAH YUGYEOM! DON’T YOU DARE SEND THEM AWAY YOU ERT! INVITE THEM IN AND I WILL BE OUT IN TEN MINUTES!” I yell.  I quickly get out of bed and run into my bathroom with a change of clothes to shower. Ten minutes later, I walk into my family room to three silent boys glaring at each other. Wow, they will never change.

“Am I going to have to stand here all day?” I ask annoyed. Jaebum and Jinyoung jump out of their seats and run to give me my hugs.

“Jennie! We missed you so much!” Jinyoungie says all cute!

“Then why didn’t you come to see me sooner?!”

“I’m sorry, if you want us to come more often then we will never leave.” Jaebum says with a big smile. Yugyeom is fuming in his seat with his arms crossed and his eyes burning holes into the floor. Why does he hate them so much?

“Are you guys hungry? Do you want me to make you food?”

“Yes!” both boys say in unison.

“You didn’t offer to make me food when I got here.” Yugyeom mumbles. Is he jealous? I ignore his comment and walk into the kitchen with my two visitors close behind. I decide to make blueberry pancakes, mostly because it is what I want to eat. As I am mixing the ingredients, I look up to see my adorable boys with their elbows on the counter and their chin in their hands. Yugyeom is leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. He is so grumpy! I giggle as I turn and put the first few pancakes onto the pan.

“What brings you guys to my house?” I ask as I closely watch my precious pancakes.

“We told you, we missed you.” Jaebum answers.

“No, why my house? You guys have a list of fan girls that is longer than Santa’s naughty list and I am sure there are some pretty ones. Why visit me when you have so many options?” I flip the pancakes before turning to them for their answer. Yugyeom rolls his eyes while Jinyoung and Jaebum put their hands to their chest and gasp, insulted.

“Are you not our fan?” Jaebum asks really overdramatic.

“Of course I am! I’m your number one fan!” I answer defensively.

“That is why we are here then.” Jaebum smirks.

“Seriously though, why are you guys here? You have never visited me before.”

Jinyoung sighs, “We know about your date on Friday.” My mouth drops and so does Yugyeom.

“How do you know about it? I just found out about it an hour ago!”

“Oh, does that mean that he didn’t ask you out but it is a set up?” Jinyoung asks and both boys look relieved.

“Do you guys know who my date is?” I ask in disbelief. I then remember the pancakes and quickly put two on each plate and hand them to Jinyoung and Jaebum before putting four more blobs of pancake batter onto the pan.

“Yah! She asked you a question!” Yugyeom says irritated as the boys get distracted in their eating.

“Oh, yes. That is why we are here.” Jaebum says with a mouth full of pancake.

“It’s Kai.” Jinyoung says with hamster cheeks.

“But I came here hoping you would date me instead.” Jaebum says seriously after swallowing his food.

“Or me. I am definitely an option.” Jinyoung says just as serious. Yugyeom looks like he might pass out; I have never seen him look so defeated before. Wait, what just happened? Kai is my date on Friday? And Jinyoung and Jaebum just asked me out? No wonder Yugyeom hates them so much. This week is too weird for me.

“I-I’m sorry guys. But I don’t think of you guys in that way.”

“When you change your mind, you can come find me any time.” Jaebum says before winking and walking out with a sad Jinyoung following close behind.

“Are you going to go on that date?” Yugyeom asks with a blank face.

“I have too.”

“Okay.” With his eyes filled with water he quickly turns away and leaves my house. I hate that I always hurt him.