Nine

Cousins

Yugyeom’s POV

After walking back to my house from Jennie’s, I decide it is best to climb through my window again. The walk through that door would be a walk of shame. I open my window and climb inside, landing right onto my bed.

“I surprise myself sometimes at how often I am right.” I look towards the voice and find Kyuhyun sitting at my desk, waiting for me.  What is with this guy?

“Yes, and why do you care about whether a man climbs through his own window or not?”

“Because, contrary to popular belief, you are a man now.” My mouth drops as he gets up and leaves my room, shutting the door behind him. I’m not sure how I am supposed to take that. He called me a man which should be a compliment, but it didn’t sound like a compliment. He was judging me as if being a man is a sin.

“Aish.” I run hands through my hair before walking into my bathroom to clean up.

Would it really be so bad if I wanted Jennie for myself? I have loved her for four years; why should I be the one to step aside for a man who has only known her for a month? These thoughts plague me as I lay down to sleep. Should I tell her? I probably shouldn’t. Why would I tell her if I already know I will be rejected? With these kinds of thoughts I will never be able to fall asleep. I turn on some music to drown out my thoughts; Eddy Kim’s voice is perfect for me to fall asleep to. His voice is so pretty that my thoughts are distracted but soothing so I can fall asleep. And after a few songs, I fell asleep. Thank you, Eddy Kim.

 

Henry’s POV

I get up from my chair and pace the room again. For hours I have been either pacing the room or sitting back into the chair to get myself to calm down and be still. I need Yugyeom right now. I need to know how she is doing. Is she happy? Is she sad? Does she hate me? Did other guys hit on her? If I go talk to her, will she want to see me? I have only known this girl for a month but she drives me crazy. She is all I think about every day. I want to see her, know what she is doing and how she is feeling all of the time. I hope she doesn’t hate me, because without her I am going to lose my mind.

“Go to bed.” Kyuhyun says walking into the living room.

“Yugyeom isn’t home yet.”

“He is home and in bed.” He says and I stare at him in shock.

“How? I have been standing here all night!”

“Seeing you would make him feel guilty so he climbed through his window. Go to bed, Henry.” I sigh and nod my head. I have gone so crazy that even my cousin doesn’t want to be around me; I need to go see her for myself tomorrow. If she doesn’t want me, then I will leave her alone. I don’t want to be a burden on her too.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

It is morning and I want to go home. Mrs Lau is the only good thing about this trip. Well, Anna is pretty cool too but she is always at dance practice. I hear a knock on the door and a few short moments later somebody opens it.

“Jennie!” I hear Henry say. Ugh, that girl is the cause of all of our problems!

“Um, hi Henry.” Jennie says. I charge out of my guest room, storm down the hall past Yugyeom, who is hiding around the corner eavesdropping on Henry and Jennie, and step in between the two “lovebirds.”

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing?”

“You can’t date her.” I say firmly before slamming the door in her face. I am sure she is pretty shocked on the other side of that door.

“What are you doing?” Henry says trying to get to the door but I push him backwards. Hard.

“I said, you can’t date her.”

“Why should I listen to you?” He spits at me angrily and my blood starts to boil.

“Well, I thought that us being friends for such a long time would be enough! But apparently, she is more important!” I shout back at him.

“What is wrong with her? What is so horrible about her that you think you can tell me that I can’t date her?”

“’I think’ I can tell you that you can’t date her?! You are right, I did ‘think’ that I could tell you that because if you told me that about a girl then I would listen!” I scream at him. Does he not care about our friendship at all?”

“You haven’t even given me a reason to not date her! I would at least give you a reason!” Fine, if he wants a reason then I will give him a reason. I stomp over to the hallway where Yugyeom is hiding, grab him by the shirt, and throw him into the living room, causing him to fall on his in the middle of the floor. “There,” I point at Yugyeom, “Is your reason.”

“Yugyeom? Do you know something about her that would mean that I shouldn’t date her?” he asks Yugyeom confusedly.

“Wow? Seriously? Are you that blind, Henry?” I say.

Yugyeom sighs, “I love her.” Henry’s mouth drops slightly and his eyes go wide.

“What? Since when? You were just dating someone last week!”

Yugyeom's POV

*flashback*

“Dangit Yugyeom!” Clair shouts at me. I don’t understand why she was angry, I was only telling her a story.

“What did I do?”

“What did you do?” she rolls her eyes at me. “How long have we been dating? Three months? And in those three months, you have never stopped talking about Jennie! Do you have any idea how much I hate her because of you?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that it bothered you. I won’t talk about her from now on.”

“No, you will but not with me. Go and tell her how you feel and stop driving everyone crazy.” She gets up and leaves me, just like the others. I have never broken up with a girl, ever. They always break up with me and always for the same reason. If this continues, then I am going to be single forever.

*end of flashback*

I shake my head and stand to my feet.

“She broke up with me because of my feelings for Jennie.” Henry looks as if I had just punched him in the chest. Why did Kyuhyun have to in? Those two could have been happy but now all three of us are unhappy. How is this any better? Henry takes a deep breath and looks me dead in the eye, “I am not going to give up on her.”

“Either am I.”