Thirteen

Cousins

Henry’s POV

These past weeks have been hard for me, but it has been harder for Yugyeom. I feel like I have grown a lot as a person by watching him because I have learned that my love for him is greater than my love for any girl. Family comes first. I also feel bad for treating Kyuhyun the way I did, but I am grateful that he looked out for Yugyeom when I didn’t. Now that I know of his feelings for Jennie, all I can see is his pain when he comes home; especially last night. I have never seen him hurt so much. It reminded me of the time that Sungmin came home after having his first fight with his wife, before they were married. He was angry, hurt, and confused about why he can’t just forget her and let his anger take over. Yugyeom has the same look, but he woke up with the same expression.

“Are you going to tell me what happened?”  I ask.

“No.”

“You need to tell her how you feel.”

“No.”

“Why?” He then sighs angrily at my constant questioning.

“Because she will date any man who asks her out. If she can’t think of a reason not to date them then she will say yes. She has no feelings and if I date her then I want it to be because she likes me too. A ‘why not?’ will never be enough of a reason.” He gets up and storms out of the room. Was I a ‘why not?’ Ouch.

“You know his love is for real, right?” Sungmin comes in.

“Yes, I recognized the expression from your first fight.”

“Ah, you noticed that too?”

“What do we do about it?”

“I don’t know. I heard that the guy she is dating now is Kai…”

My eyes widen. “Kai?! Aish, of all the people.”

“Would Kai be okay if he knew that she doesn’t really like him?”

“I am not sure, we should meet with him.” I say definitely. This won’t be easy. Kai is perfect even to me.

Kai’s POV

Today is going to be a great day! It is my second date with Jennie! I know she is not a flashy person, but I wanted to drive her around in my white Lamborghini! As I pull in front of her house, my phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Kai! It’s Henry!”

“Oh, hyung! What’s up?!”

“I need to meet with you. Are you free later? It’s important.”

“Oh, um yes. I have a date this afternoon but I am free tonight.”

“Good, I will text you the address.”

He hung up the phone and I am curious as to what he needs to speak with me about. I met Henry while I was studying abroad in Korea and we became very close. I can’t cook so Henry kept me fed and alive! If he needs something, I will be happy to help him! I get out of my car and walk up to her door feeling nervous. Why does she make me so nervous? I am Kai! Kim Jongin, the most handsome heir in the business world! Psh, nervous about a girl? That is crazy. I knock on the door holding my head up with more confidence. But when she opened the door, all of my confidence disappeared. That’s right folks, Kim Jongin has got it bad.

“Hello Kai!” she smiles brightly at me.

Yup, real bad.

“H-hi. Um, we should go.” I force a smile at her. Wow, I am so smooth…not. What has happened to me? How on earth Yugyeom has managed to talk to her while liking her for so many years I will never know. She clears .

“Are you coming? Or do you plan to stand in my doorway all day?”

“Ah, yes I am sorry. Let me get the door for you!” I run ahead of her and open the passenger door to my car.

“Thank you!” she says getting into the car.

I get into the driver’s seat and begin to drive; being behind the wheel of my baby girl has definitely helped me to calm down.

“So, where are we going?” she asks curiously.

“I was thinking we could go for a walk.” I say and she raises an eyebrow at me.

“If we are going for a walk, then why are we in your car?”

“Because this car is my baby and I wanted to drive her!” I say slightly embarrassed but hid it with my defensiveness.

“Your baby huh? Does she have a name? Do you guys have a song?!” Wow, she thinks she is so funny.

“Yes, yes we do. Her name is Mira and this,” I press a few buttons on my phone and connect it to the car speakers, “is our song.” Call Me Baby starts to play and she instantly laughs.

“This is your song?!”

“Yes! Why?”

“I was expecting it to me some girl group! Hahahha”

“I am not saying I would ever be in a group like Exo! This is just a good song!”

“Oh really? Because you seem like the pretty boy type who would love to dance around in shiny, tight clothes…” My mouth drops at her accusation.

“Yah! I do not! Ten guys dancing around doing pelvic s every five seconds?! No way! Both me and Kyungsoo would never be caught dead doing that. Because we are smarter than them, we would much rather spend our lives ding something worthwhile, like running a business.”

“I don’t know…that Chanyeol guy is pretty cute. I could go for some Exo pretty boy any day!”

“Yah!” She smirks at me and I know she is teasing, but I still don’t like it. She then turns to look out the window and the only sound is Exo coming out of the speakers. She is trying to hide it from me, but something is bothering her today. As she looks out the window, I can see the sadness in her face. She hides it well with her smiles and her teasing, but I can see that it is an act.

“Are you okay?” I ask concerned.

“Hm?” she turns towards me.

“You look a little down. Are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Thank you.”

“You know you can tell me if something is bothering you, right?”

“It is really okay. I just had a little fight with Yugyeom and I would rather not talk about it.” She says before turning back to the window.

“Oh, okay.” My hands grip the steering wheel a little tighter as my body fills with anger. Or is it jealousy? No way, I am not nor will I ever be jealous of Yugyeom. Jennie is dating me, not him. A few minutes later we arrive at the park.

“We are here.”

“Oh, okay.” She smiles softly at me but I know that Yugyeom is still on her mind. I sigh quietly as I get out of the car to walk around and open her door for her. Calm down Kai; she is yours. You don’t have to share her with anyone. I grab her hand and smile down at her. She smiles back at me and I may or may not have blushed a little bit.

“Let’s go!” I say. As we walk down the path, her face lights up at the scenery and I know that I have succeeded in getting her mind off of the things that are bothering her. Will she let me continue to do this for her? She gasps and points to something ahead of us.

“Look at that! It is so beautiful! Let’s go!” She says excitedly! She pulls me along the path until we reach the bridge overlooking a small creek. It really is pretty.

After about an hour of walking around the park and talking about random things, we walked back to the car.

“I really wish we could explore this park more!”

“I can always take you here again. But you have a business dinner to attend with your mother so I need to get you home.” She pouts at me and I smile in return. How can she be both hot and adorable with a great personality to top it off? I feel like I am going to wake up from this dream soon because she is too perfect. After I drive her home, I quickly check the address that Henry sent to me earlier and drive there. I hope that this important thing to tell me doesn’t end up being bad news. I am having such a great day, I would hate for some bad news to ruin it.