Fifteen

Cousins

Yugyeom’s POV

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside and the light from the window shining into my eyes. I turn my head so that the sun does not blind me but end up looking upon someone much more blinding. Still cuddled up into my side is Jennie, with her head resting on my shoulder. How can one creature be so beautiful? Does she even know how beautiful she is? She gets more and more beautiful everyday but I wish she wouldn’t. I still wish she was ugly so that other guys wouldn’t look at her.  As I watch her, her face hardens and she looks as if she might cry. Her hand that was resting on my chest clings onto my shirt with a fist.

“No…Yugyeom…” she looks as if she is about to cry. I gently shake her in attempt to wake her up.

“No!” she says a little louder. I shake her harder and she wakes up with a scream.

“Yugyeom!” She says before embracing me tightly and crying into my chest.

“It’s okay, I am right here.”

“Please don’t leave me! You have to stay!”

“Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere. Is that what your dream was about? Did I leave you?” I ask and she lifts her head up and when our eyes meet she cries harder. I cup her face and wipe her tears with my thumbs. “Do you not remember what I told you? For as long as you let me, I will never leave your side”

“Yugyeom…*sniffle*…you died. You died and left me all alone.” My eyes widen and she cries into my chest again. Wow, I did not expect that.

“It was just a dream. I am still alive and healthy! I have a long life ahead of me!” I proudly reply. She sits up and gives me a stern look; her tears suddenly ceasing.

“You had better live a long happy life and don’t you dare let me ruin it. Go find yourself a girl and be happy with her.” She gets out of bed and tries to storm out but I quickly get up and grab her by her wrist, making her face me.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I ask slightly annoyed. Did she really just say that to me? She sighs before continuing.

“Look, I overheard your confession to Henry the day Kyuhyun slammed the door in my face,” my heart stops for half of a second and my eyes get big. She wasn’t supposed to hear that. “And, in my dream last night you killed yourself because I wouldn’t date you. Yugyeom, don’t let me ruin your life. All I ever do is hurt you and you deserve to be with someone who will make you happy.”

“Isn’t it my choice how I live my life?”

“You should make a better choice!” She practically screams back at me.

“There is no better choice!” I yell back at her.

“I don’t want to hurt you.” She whispers.

“Then don’t.” I pull her towards me and kiss her lips gently. I let it last a little longer than I originally intended because her lips tasted sweet and the electricity between us is no joke. But after a little bit, I pulled away. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to have liked the kiss, but after she realized what had just happened her eyes snap open and stare at me in anger.

“Get out.”

“No.”

“What?! This is my house!”

“This is your mom’s house and you said I could stay for a few days. If I leave then you will be scared and alone again tonight. If you need me, I will be in the kitchen making you breakfast; you can take a shower if you’d like.” With that I left her in her room; her face a mixture of shock and anger. What did I just do?

 

Jennie’s POV

How is he so bold? Where did that even come from? He told me no! Him acting like a man was kind of hot…no! No, I cannot think about my Yugyeom that way! Right now I am in the shower. I am finished washing, but I don’t want to get out yet. About ten minutes ago, Yugyeom kissed me and I liked it. No, I didn’t like it, I loved it. There wasn’t a spark because a spark would be too weak; there was an electric current that didn’t end until his lips left mine. It was both amazing and terrifying. But no matter how much I loved it, I can’t date him. What if I date him and end up hurting him to a point that he decided to kill himself like in my dream? I don’t trust myself so he needs to find someone better.

*knock knock*

“I know you are done so come out here and eat your breakfast!” Yugyeom says from the other side of the door. I sigh and turn off the water. He knows me too well for my own good.  

“I am coming.” I reply and hear his footsteps as he walks away. I quickly dry myself and put on some clothes before walking out to meet him in the kitchen.

“What did you make?” I ask. He glances up at me and then back down to the toast he is buttering before replying.

“Omelet, hash browns, and toast. But, you won’t have a single bite of it until you go and change into something else.” His face is so serious. Who is this man and what has he done with my Yugyeom?

“Excuse me? I live here so why should I have to change?”

“I have no plans to leave so unless you want to starve I suggest you go and change into something less attractive. “ I look down at my clothes in confusion because I am dressed pretty modestly.

I sigh in defeat, knowing that he really won’t let me eat unless I change and go back into my bedroom to find a new outfit.

After choosing an oversized sweater and some white leggings I quickly make my way back to the kitchen because my stomach is growling like crazy and I need food.

“Is this better little prince?” I ask and he looks at me from head to toe.

“No. The clothes don’t seem to be the issue here. But I guess you can’t help being that pretty in everything.” He shrugs and then pushes the plate of food towards me. “Oh, and I prefer ‘your majesty’ over ‘little prince.’ I’m not a kid you know?”

Not looking up from the food I am shoveling down with no shame, I reply, “You don’t cook like one.”  After I finish eating, I find Yugyeom in the living room messing with my DVD’s.

“Yah, what are you doing to my collection? The power is not back on so you can’t even  watch any of them!”

“I am looking for something that is not Song Joong Ki. Well, I was trying too but why do you own everything he has ever been in?!”

“Bias for life! Don’t mess with my Oppa!”

“You can call me Oppa.” I stare at him for a few seconds before I shudder from all of the cheesiness.

“Why on earth would I ever call you Oppa?! I am four years older than you are!”

“Then, should I become a celebrity so that you can replace all of this pretty boy collection with someone more handsome?”

I shake my head at his nonsense and before I have to reply to him I am saved by the doorbell. I thank the Lord for whoever just saved me from this ridiculous conversation. Oppa? Yeah right. I open the door and find a smiling Kai with a pink rose. 

“Kai! What brings you here?!” I ask as he hands me the rose.

“I was hoping, if you’re not busy today, I could take you to the beach?”

“But the beach is three hours away!”

“It is still early. We could leave now, have a full day of fun, and I can have you back here in time to go to sleep tonight!” His words are tempting; I do love the beach.

“Let me change and pack a few things and we can go. You can come in and wait!” I smile before retreating to my room. After changing into my bikini and packing things like towels and sunscreen, I come to the living room to find Kai and Yugyeom in a glaring contest.

“Yugyeom, must you have a glaring contest with every male who enters my home?”

“Yes.” He answers without taking his eyes off of Kai.

“Why is he here anyway? And it sounds as if a lot of males enter your home…” Kai says not breaking eye contact with Yugyeom.

“I stayed the night.” Yugyeom answers smugly, causing Kai to lose the glaring contest. His face is shocked and he looks at me as if I had just slapped him.

“He slept here last night?!”

“Yes, he did. But only because I was home alone, the lights went out, and I am afraid of storms.”

“Babe, you can call me to come over the next time you are scared.” Kai gets up from the couch and brushes my cheek with his palm.

“Ew, I hate pet names. Don’t do that again.” Yugyeom laughs at my answer and I glare at him, telling him to knock it off.

“Please, call me to come over next time?” Kai pleads while giving me puppy eyes.

“Kai, my mother would not be okay with me inviting you to stay the night. Or any man for the matter. Yugyeom is the only acceptation to the rule.”

“So, what you’re saying is that your mother doesn’t consider Yugyeom to be a man and that is why he is allowed to come over?” Kai asks amused.

“Yah!” Yugyeom is furious.

“Both of you stop it! Kai, go to the car because we are leaving! Yugyeom, call the electric company and ask about when these darn lights will be on!”

“Yes Jennie” they say in unison and I walk out the door with Kai. Beach here we come!

 

Hi guys! Here is the update! Yay! The next chapter with be Jennie and Kai on their beach date! I will be at the beach for the next week so I will be able to write this next chapter very well!