Chapter 9- The Dude's Concerned

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

Shane's POV

She's still giggling, what's so funny about having a nanny anyways? Wait, what? No, not a nanny, I mean, having a personal maid! What's with this girl!

I'm explaining myself but she's being cocky. There she is. Acting as if she is not getting any of what I'm trying to say.

"Hey! Don't turn backs on me!" I yelled as I stood from my seat and marched towards her. She's really infuriating me. No one dares to ignore me like that while I'm talking to them.

I loaded myself with good explanations until I grabbed her shoulders and faced her to myself.

The words and thoughts that I've set; they all suddenly mixed up in my mind that I can't even mutter a thing when our eyes met.

What the hell is this?

I got stunned as my eyes traveled her face will-lessly. Her big brown eyes that contrasted perfectly with her skin gave me something. Can't just explain as they stare at me. Her pink lips looking so soft and---.

'Are you becoming a ert, Shane?'

No, I am not! Darn you subconscious. This is nothing! Tch. This girl? Totally not my type.

"Hey, lovebirds" she gasped and shrugged my hands off of her by the call of a familiar voice. I somehow felt disappointed.

We both looked into the direction of the voice. My eyes narrowed as I saw the person. What is he doing here?

As I expected, it's Matt. I sighed. I have no idea if it's a sign of relief or disappointment.

He walks towards us wearing a grin with his right hand in his pocket. Really nice timing Matt. Just nice. I shook my head.

"Hey, what's up Shane?" he beamed

"Why are you here?" I asked bluntly

"What's with that?" he asked amusingly

"Just answer" I said

"Woah! Sulking early morning? Ain't healthy, Shane" he teased.

I thought I would be thankful for having Matt here right now to keep me busy from this little creeper. But this time, I don't know. I just don't feel meeting with Matt right now. I have something in me that doesn't want him to be here. What is happening to me?

I really am having a weird day.

Matt looked away from me and tilted to Rams.

"Goodmorning missy, is he bothering you?" he checked

Here he goes again. Being the usual Matt. Hitting girls, huh?

Yeah, Matthew and I have lots of smilarities, literally a lot. We speak our minds the way we want it to be spoken caring nothing on what people might say. He's more like a brother to me. Looking at him's like staring at a mirror.

Talking 'bout the topic, lots of people actually thought that Matt and I does the same with girls but we don't. Really. Let's just say, I'm not as aggressive as he is.

Let me just put it this way. He hits on chics; I don't, he collects; I also don't, he attracts babes; well, I just obviously do. I smirked with the thought. Can't help it.

Just like what he's doing now, I know he's up to something. I just smriked and shook my head.

"Nope. He's funny" she beamed putting herself into chukles again.

My grin vanished as I glaze to her direction with her comment,"You think that's funny?" I huffed

"Yeah, I guess so. You're just acting clueless of it." she mumbled as I see Matt chuckle with her retort

"I do not" I hissed

"Sure you don't" she sarcastically replied throwing Matt a sly smile

"So you two're having fun, huh," he said nodding, "I just dropped by to check on you guys. Just worried something might have gone wrong. The blame would be on me, you know" he stated

Is that really it? Now, I really am clueless. Well, I have nothing to feel suspicious about anyways. But somehow, I feel relieved by what Matthew have said. And honestly, I have no idea why.

'Clueless Shane, huh' my subconscious popped out again

"I would just leave now." he turned his back again hesitating to leave and continued,"Without eating anything"

Rams chukled.

I just stared back to Matt with an amused grin. "Yeah Shane, I'm fine. Not hungry at all", he said teasingly as he make small steps away from us.

I shook my head. This guy is hopeless.

"Fine, I'll tell Liam. Wait here" I left them and looked for Mr. Lee.

That guy have never left my house without putting something in his stomach. I just got used to it, I guess. I have to. I shrugged with the thought.

~~~~~~~

Andie's POV

This friend over here is also hilarious like Shane, huh. But I guess, in a different way. Matthew Andrews jokes around with his sunny attitude which is basically, well, cute for him.

But in Shane's case, it's just different. I think, as much as he wanted to look tough on the outside, he's actually something on the inside, making him look stupid instead. Well, I find it funny for a guy like him. Now, guess I just saw a different phase about Shane.

See, since the day I've met Shane, I arleady noticed his huge pride and ego in his body. It's like he is born wearing it already. I don't even remember him apologizing to me after what happened when we were kids. He never even bother to say sorry. Unbelievable!

He has been that egoistic spoild brat and not just that. Ever since he started going to same school as me, he never let a day pass without pissing me off everytime he feels like it. He just loves putting me on fire and I just don't know why. A total jerk, I should say.

And another thing, I can't stand  him being so... so... chesty and self-assertive guy. Tch. Not cool, even a bit.

I guess there's just more to know about Shane. What's really up with him?

I got lost out of my thoughts when someone tapped my shoulder. I almost jumped in surprise.

"Thinking too much?" asked Matthew

I got bit startled and as I turned to face him. There I got the chance to take a good look at Matthew this close. I should say he appears to be attractive too. Well, of course he does. They wouldn't be the so called, 'campus crush' if they weren't.

So he has this gray eyes that can effortlessly throw playful seducing stares. Looks dangerous. I even heard some lame gossips about Matthew back from school. They said, 'a girl mistaking to lock gazes with him probably won't be a the next day'. Yeah, lame, I know.

Of course that came from the y queen bees in our school. I guess it isn't true.

I think they're exagerating too much. At this age? Tch. He wouldn't actually dare. Right? Besides, Matthew doesn't look that bad.

But if it really is true, anyone would, maybe. But not me. He just isn't my type.

Actually, I still don't know what my type is. If it's there, it will just be there, right? Right?

But back to Matthew. He doesn't really look like the words and the mouths of those queen bees. Not bad at all for a hot guy like him.

Then there I realized I was gaping at Matthew.

"Hey. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" he mumbled.

I gathered myself up and gave a small smile "Oh, it's okay"

"Want to take a sit?" he said as he gestured me back to the sofa

"Hmm? Sure. Thank you" so he also have a touch of being gentleman, huh. Well, I just sat as he also took the space beside me.

"So, missy. Is my friend okay?" he asked resting his forearms on top of his thighs

"What do you mean by that?" I asked back raising my brows

"I mean, do you think you two would get along?"

"Oh," I mumbled nodding to his point and continued "If you put it that way, I guess your friend is not okay"

He chuckled in approval as he shook his head laughing to himself. It got me taken aback. His smile makes him look hotter.

'Snap out of it, would you?'

Honestly, it's just normal to me to get attracted by a guy's smile. But other than that? Nothing else. Just appreciating the creation.

"Why'd you think so? Aren't you happy that you'd be by Shane's side all the time? Girls love him." I hissed to his last statement. Yeah, right. Correction, desperate girls love him. Definitely not me.

"Not care if girls 'love' him" I quoted on love. "He's a jerk. I just don't feel getting along with some rich brat" I continued

"Ouch. It hits me" he hold his chest while dramatically acting hurt.

I chuckled. "Sorry, I forgot. You're a rich brat too" I said bluntly. Yeah, I'm just telling the truth. Rude, I know.

"Ahh! Doubble tap!" he deepen his emotions as he clutch his shirt. This guy is really funny. He've been making me laugh since he came.

He nudged me as I suppress my laughter. "Hey, don't be mean" he muttered

I looked up at him pouting his lower pink lip out. "Sorry, I'm not being mean." I sighed "Ok, to make it up to you, you're actually cute with your pouting."

I become enlightened as he made a wide grin straightening his body. "I actually get that a lot." he said crossing his arm to his chest.

"See? I take that back" I protested like a child looking away. He really is as chesty as Shane. Drop the cute and handsome eyes. I take it back.

I heard him chuckle

"No give back, no exchange" he proudly stated.

"You mean, 'No return; No exchange'" I chuckled as he gaped in realization not muttering a single word

"It's just the same" he defended with his eyes involuntarily blinking. He looked embarrassed.

"Since when?" I challenged

He snorted in defeat "Fine. Smart-" he mumbled. I just rolled my eyes jokingly. We both laughed and contained ourselves.

"I kinda think you'd be giving Shane a hard time, missy" he managed to say between his chuckles

"Hell I would" I smirked

He grinningly shook his head and looked towards me "Hey, missy. Piece of advice, don't go overly against him. You wouldn't wanna meet his fury" he smirked back

I rolled my eyes as I sighed "I'll try my best. But I can't promise that."

"I suppose, that'll sound better in vice versa" he commented

My brows furrowed in confusion.

He nods "Let's try it again. I can't promise..." he signals me to continue.

"I can't promise that. But I'll try my best" I continued and he threw a wide grin.

"Better?" he raised a thumb. I did the same as approval.

I slowly looked down to my lap with my hands resting on it trying avoid the awkwardness starting to fill the room.

He then suddenly broke the silence, "If you got troubled with Shane and needed help, just call me, okay?" he said handing me his calling card

I gave him a look. Why is he suddenly helping me? First, he got me out from the cops and the car issue by coming up with this idea. Now, he's giving me his calling card incase for help? Why is he being so kind to me?

'Probably just helping. Snap out of it!'

Yeah, maybe that's all. But, still...

I gave him a look as I take the card.

"What's with that look? Why, you're questioning my capabilities?" he looked offened "I'm Shane's best friend, missy. I knew him more than anyone else do. I can help you out with the Shane issue" he said wiggling his brows.

Well, that just doesn't answer my question though. Of course I knew he could help me with Shane because he's all that bestfriend. But what I meant was...

"No, I wasn't questioning your capabilities. The thing is, why wou---"

I think he got what I really meant as he cuts me off

"I got you dragged up into this. My conscience would kill me if you got into trouble here. That would apparently be putting the blame on me." he said wearing a genuine smile

I nodded giving a smile back.

That makes much sense. But there's still left inside me making me feel conscious about, I don't know.

I don't want to ask again and make myself look obviously want to dig something out. I might appear desperate while I really have nothing to be desperate about. Yeah, i'd just keep quiet. Better that way.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Matthew giving me a look. He then just suddenly sighed.

"Missy" he called then I looked towards him.

"I helped you back in the hospital because I find you going with the cops unfair while Shane doesn't have to. Besides, Shane fired his nanny and needed replacement. I think someone who could at least go a little hard on him. After you scolded him there, I just thought you'd fit for the place. Else bothering you?" he cleared

Wow! So he did read my mind? That was an impressive one. Well, I guess that explains it all then.

Wait, what! Did I just hear him say nanny?

"None anymore. But am I really here to serve as Shane's nanny?" I asked ginningly

He chuckled "Why? Does it bother you?"

"Well, I just thought I was here to do only the chores. But to baby sit Shane? That was out of my senses." he chucked to my retort

"B-baby sit? Shane? T-that makes it worse!" he managed to say between his supressed laughs

We then bursted out into belly laugh as Matthew held onto his abdomen.

"Baby sit who?"

A voice suddenly broke our guffaws. I tilted to my left to see a not-so-happy Shane. Uh-oh.

He walks towards us with Mr. Lee behind him carrying a tray of food.

"Let me just clear things out" said Shane facing me "You're here to be my personal maid. Personal maid, not nanny or baby sitter"

I saw Matthew chuckles in the corner of my eyes.

"If that's what you say, Young Master" I replied shaking my head teasingly.

Matthew grabbed a peace of sandwich and shoved it to his mouth without taking his eyes off of Shane's.

"What?" asked Shane

"Nothing, want some?" Matthew raised a sandwich to Shane who just shook his head rejecting the offer.

"We'd be getting going" Shane grabbed my wrist and dragged me up to his side. What a freak. He shouldn't have dragged me just like that. Not cool.

"Where to?" asked Matthew

"To the mall" he smirked. Oh that smirk means something's coming up. Not cool! I should get myself out of here.

"Can I come?" Matthew stood from his seat.

"Not necessary. I can handle her." then Matthew just nodded his head. What was that? I'd be with Shane again? Alone? Not cool!

He then dragged me out of the room leaving Matthew behind. We sight Mr. Lee on our way out "Liam" he called in signal to follow.

I can't do anything else now, right? Yay life.

He released my hand as I stood by his new car. Oh, I guess not new. Of course he would have many of this stored somewhere.

He didn't bother to open a door for me ending up for Mr. Lee to do it so. Tch, see? Not gentleman at all. Shane Wilhem, indeed.

I get in back of the car with Shane as Mr. Lee on the driver's seat. I can't believe that I would be sitting beside Shane in his car. Not even in my wildest dreams. This jerk is out of my thought with this things.

"What actually are we going to do in the mall?" I asked

"We'd get there"

So the whole ride was silent. Shane with his earphones in his ears while me on the other hand, just stares out the window thinking what would we be doing or what is he actually planning.

So Liam pulled the car over and just when I looked out of the window, here we are, already at the mall. I tilted my head to Shane seeing him smirking into my direction.

Okay, so he really is planning something, huh. Yay life.