Chapter 16- It Can't Be Him

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

*******Andie's POV******

Whew, finally. We're done with the school stuff. But the thing is, I don't feel like doing anything now. My body craves for more sleep. If it weren't because of Lianne, I would be spending my whole day with my beloved bed, snuggling myself into my pillows, or anything that includes sleeping.

Well, I can't say no to her today either. I would feel like an awful person if I do that.

"So, any plans?", I asked slumping down to her bed.

"Hmm, I kind of feel like staying out in the pool today", she suggested

What? Is she serious? No way...

"What? How about sleeping? Or reading, yeah reading would be fun!", I beamed trying to avoid the pool idea.

Lianne gaped at me not looking satisfied as she let out a heavy sigh and stared at me amusingly.

I just mouthed her 'what?' then she rolled her eyes and grabbed me by the wrist while dragging  me out of the room, "Oh come on" she mumbled

"Why?", I asked

"Have some life, would you?"

"I do have a life" I cringed but then she just replied, "Sure you do"

She let go of my hand and faced me, "Reading or sleeping throughout the day isn't having a life, Andie", she continued.

"Why? Reading's fun!", I defended

Yeah! What is wrong with that! It isn't that boring! Not even a bit! And it's not just simply looking at the texts. It is absorbing whatever's inside it. Book gives me not only knowledge but also shows me happines, loneliness, and even love. Now tell me it isn't fun.

"Yes, it is, Andie. But you cannot just stay out here reading whole day long. You need to see the what's outside of your book. That is where real life is"

I just rolled my eyes, still not buying her little speech. I don't really have to see what's in the outside world. I'm already living it. There is just more to discover in the books. I sighed in defeat. Argh I can never win from her.

"How about shopping?" she beamed squeezing my wrist

I furrowed my brows, "What! At the mall? I've had enough of it already yesterday. I'm so done there. No way", I said crossing my arms

"Yes way. Andie, can you not just go with my lead? Even just for today? I just want to hang out with you, you know?" she said pouting her lips

I rolled my eyes. What does she mean by 'even just today'? If 'even just today' means 'again', there I can accept it.

"Come on Lue, I'm sure you still have nice clothes in you closet. I mean, we don't really have anything to buy." I explained

"Yeah, but we don't really need to buy anything. Just simple walks and talks. That's fine" she reasoned out

"Uh-huh? Impossible, I'm sure we won't leave there without getting our hands full with bags of stuff. Every time we go to the mall, it's always like we're getting ready for a trip or something." I snapped

Then her eyes popped like she realized something, "You're right! I need to get my things ready for the camp!"

"What again? You just said we'd be just walkin' and talkin', right?" I said stamping my feet

"And you also just said that that's impossible, right? Good for you, you have Prince Charming shopping with you yesterday" she said sounding more like teasing me. I swear! I shouldn't have told her everything that happened. Now she'd be teasing me all day long! Or longer. Kill me now!

"Ha-ha very funny. Well, that's why you should go find yourself a Prince Charming too. Who knows? Maybe he's just around somewhere here, somewhere there, at my house?" I said eyeing her as I wiggle my brows

"What did you just say? I should find my Prince Charming 'too'? So does it mean that you have find yours?"

My eyes widened. It wasn't supposed to mean like that!

"What? No! I told you, for the hundredth time; I don't like Shane" I defended. She definitely didn't get my point. Urgh

"What are you talking about, huh? I didn't even named anyone." she gave me a sly look.

Gosh why do Lianne have to be so clever!

"C'mon, we're going to the mall right?" I beamed dragging her out.

Then she teased, "Ooh! Changing the topic, are we?"

"I think we should grab you a new coat. I'm sure it'll be freaking cold out there" I simply said trying to get away with the topic. I know it would only last for some minutes or seconds. But still, I just want to get away with this now.

Lianne just shook her head in amusement and called Jerry to drive us. Lianne chuckled as I gave her a look when she called for Jerry. I cannot believe that I fell for her trick. I should have known that Jerry doesn't have a freaking day off! Argh, clever Lianne.

We both entered the car and drove to the mall.

We got there in no time and immediately bought all her needs. Lucky she doesn't have to bring up any conversation about Matt or you know who. We just spend our time picking her clothes and stuff, talking, and laughing.

I don't know but I can't help to think about Jaik's secret admiration towards Lianne. It really bugs me that I cannot do anything but to space out most of the time. I tried to throw her clues or more like to with my brother, Jaik, but I guess she was too clueless to get my humor.

I just wish Jaik would tell her sooner or later before it's too late. He's going to be senior soon and might have no time for things like these.

I sighed with the thought

"Hey, you're spacing out again, Andie. You're acting really weird today. What's bothering you?" Lianne called me out from my little wonderland again.

I snapped my head to her direction with a slightly shocked look, "What? Nothing, I was just-uhh thinking about something", I said

"You know, it's kind of hurting me seeing you like you're hiding something from me. You've been off most of the time today", and it caught me off guard. I looked down into the ground as we walked together.

"Tsk, well Lue. Honestly, I kind of am hiding something" I admitted still staring at the ground

"And?", asked her as we both stopped in our tracks

"And as much as I wanted to tell it to you, I just can't. I don't think have the right to tell you whatever it is. I just hope you understand." I explained. She was about to say something probably to nag me about it but her shoulders dropped in defeat.

"Something's going on with my best friend and you don't want to tell me. Do you know how it feels? I just wanted to protect my best friend. What is wrong with that?", she questioned sounding more serious this time. She doesn't know what she's saying. This is definitely not about me and not that serious to start an argument.

I let out a smile trying to not make her worry. And I think it worked. She relaxed her features but still with worried look so I continued, "It is not about me, Lue. Just believe me and I promise you'll know it soon or later. I'm just not the right person to tell it you but you'll know it for sure. Just don't over think about it. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Trust me.", I smiled again in assurance

She sighed not in defeat, annoyance or sarcasm but more like showing me that she really has a trust on me. I'm glad to see how our friendship works. It's so pure and real. We might fight sometimes but it's because we want each other safe. Like how true sisters would do for one another. Cheesy, huh? Don't blame me. I just can't help sounding like grandma when it comes to friendship and the like.

Since we were done with the camping stuff, we both make use of our time exploring the mall hoping to see something new. I guess Lianne's mall plan isn't worse than I thought or should I say, it's not bad at all.

I thought this would be boring, but it isn't. I'm actually having fun spending time with my best friend. I think I cannot say no for another one next time.

While we were enjoying our time picking some new dresses at Warren, our favorite store, Lianne's phone went off and made herself excused.

I nodded and turned my attention back to the clothes. This is what I liked about this store. They sell not just the name but their style and quality. What they sell definitely suits my style. Preppy but cute, simple but pretty, gentle but beautiful. I guess that explains it all. I can't help but to admire their products.

Their pieces are one of a kind and I like that. You wouldn't have to worry about getting bumped into someone wearing the same clothes with you. Gosh! that would be really awkward for sure. Trust me, I've been there.

I chuckled with the thought but suddenly stopped as I felt something strange; felt like someone's watching me. Seeing it in my peripheral vision, I know it's a guy. I'm not sure if I should turn to his direction or just ignore him but he's pulling the creeps out of me. He's observing me, sitting with his head resting on his hand by the counter. Argh he's freaking me out!

Well, all I need is to just ignore him and put my attention back to the clothes. Yeah, I should do that.

I was about to pull a blouse out to ignore his presence when Lianne went marching towards me with a look on her face. A sorry look.

"Andie, I really am sorry. This was a rush. Dad called me to go to his office right away. If it's okay with you, Jerry can drop me to the office first then he'll drive you to our house." she bombarded

"To your house?" my brows furrowed

"Yeah, you have to wait for Shane there until five." she reminded and my heart skipped a beat.

No way. I don't want him to drive me. I'd rather just walk my way home instead.

"Of course! You go ahead Lue. I-I would just-uhh take a little walk in here for a while" I stuttered

"You're not going with me? Aren't you tired?" she asked

"Nope, not yet", half true half lie though. I still want to feed my eyes with the sight of these pretty dresses but, of course a part of me wants to go home too. But either ways, I need to get away with Shane. That's my plan. Even just for this afternoon. I want to do it. Well, something is inside me is pushing me to do so.

"You aren't planning to ditch Shane, are you?" Lianne gave me a knowing look

"Of course not! No, I won't do that" I cried. Well, not enough to make a scene in the store. You know how much I hate attention.

"Defensive, huh? You know this won't do any better knowing Shane, right? You know what he can do if you hurt his ego" she said throwing me her scrutinizing stare

"Yeah, I knew that. And I feel no fear about that." I said trying to convince her with my sarcasm but she doesn't look like she buying it.

"So you really are planning to ditch him"

"You're in a hurry, right?" I tried to shake her thoughts but she didn't get startled a bit. Instead, she just shook her head and gave me a look.

She sighed, "Changing the topic again. Andie, I'm warning you."

"I can handle it Lue"

She scratched her nape, "Fine. But in case you've change your mind, you know where to go. Just be careful, okay? I need to get going." she said wearing a smirk

"Yes I will. Take care too" I assured her with a smile

She replied a smile and waved as she headed out of the store.

I let out a heavy sigh again. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing right now. As much as I hate to admit but I'm starting to think Lianne was right. I shouldn't ditch Shane. Gosh what have I done again!

I don't know if he'll just don't care or would be mad. Good if he'll not care and---. Oh wait! What if he won't care at all anymore or not even mind me because of ditching him? I would definitely feel awful with myself!

Crap! What is happening to me! Why do I even care of what Shane might feel towards this? I should be happy if he wouldn't mind and just ignore me but still, a part of me will feel sad or more like guilty, of course. Argh, what was I thinking! I shouldn't let that happen. I don't want to break that Arrogant's trust in me if ever he had some.

I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh to clear my thoughts when someone taps my shoulders. I almost jump in my surprise. I held my chest as my breathing gets normal.

"Little too jumpy, huh?", a guy started.

 

CONTINUE READING THIS CHAPTER? CLICK HERE!