Chapter 20- Decisions And Missions

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

-Andie Rams POV-

I'm having seconds thoughts of doing this thing with Shane. Don't get me wrong. I know I want to help him but some part of me is telling me not to. I mean, we aren't even really in good terms since way back then. It just doesn't seemed right. I'd be his bloody fake girlfriend then what? He'd get to play games on me? Sounds pretty awful.

Yes, it's indeed fake, pretend, unreal, and completely just for a show but it feels like I'd be doing a wrong move or something. Plus, I've never imagined myself to be 'his' girl. No, not even in my wildest dreams. And I don't even want to dream of it.

But damn it! I don't think I can refuse people asking for help. That's just how I roll. I help people and after that, I'd keep helping them. Lame, right?

I can't help it, I would always feel guilty with myself if something bad happens to them just cause I refused to help.

I need to decide soon or later. I can't keep him waiting for nothing.

I got caught from my train of thoughts when I felt lots of people staring at me. I heard buzzes around making me frown as I walked to my locker. Why does everybody need to be so rude this early.

Psh, lame people.

My heart raced.

I saw Shane nine lockers away from mine and met gazes with him. I think he was about to smile to me but suddenly turned into a cold expression when he seemed to be looking over my shoulder. So I turned to the direction he was looking at.

Unknowingly, a smile cracked on my face seeing the guy approaching my direction.

"Hi, Andie" he greeted

"Hey, Eric-uhh I mean — Hans. Uh- whatever" I stuttered

Gosh I don't know which name to call him. He doesn't look like Eric at all. A total transformation with a total difference giving me total goose bumps. No doubt nobody suspect a thing.

He chuckled, "You can call me Eric if you want" he said in his warm voice

I giggled.

Uh nope, chuckled. I don't giggle with boys.

"Okay 'Eric', it's really weird talking to exact same voice but seeing a very different person, you know?" I said teasingly stressing on 'Eric'

He smirked, "Trust me. It's a lot weirder when you're the one doing it" we both chuckled

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and opened my locker. I grabbed my stuff and closed the door when he started putting his hands on my things, "Let me take it" he said pulling it off of my arms

I hugged them tighter, "What?"

"Let me help you with these", he said

"Uhm, no, thank you Eric"

"Come on, I'll carry them for you"

I hesitated but I gave in when Shane caught my attention as he walked pass us not looking satisfied. Like he would probably punch someone who'd talk to him. He didn't even glanced up on me or at least gave Eric one of those boyish nods.

Now tell me. How could I help him if he'd be giving me that attitude? A least a simple 'hi' would work.

'He's so rude'

"Yeah he is. But he probably ignored you because I'm here", said Eric

Wait. Did I just said that out loud?

"Oh uhm, I- I just---" I stuttered

He chuckled and nudged me with the elbow, "Chill, he can't always ignore you everytime I'm with you"

My brows furrowed, "What?"

"He'll have no other choice but to watch over you. Because there is no way I'm staying away from you" he said

I snorted confused of what the heck he's talking about, "Again. What?"

"What do you mean 'what'?" he asked amusedly

"I mean, why would he watch over me? We don't even care about each other" I bluntly said. His head twitched like I said something entertaining.

"Of course he'd watch over you. I thought you two were together", my eyes widened with his statement. Like, what the hell!

Did Shane told everybody already? Since when! He didn't even got my side yet. I thought he wouldn't rush me. I knew he was up to something!

"Together?" I snapped

"Hey, I-I only guessed it. I just thought that you two were in a relationship. I'm sorry."

A guess? Impossible.

I looked straight into his eyes, "What made you think of it like that?"

"Well, that's what the pictures tell me" he said

"Pictures?" I almost yelled.

I'm having some bad feeling about what those pictures are.

Damn it, no!

No it can't be. Maybe that's why people kept staring at me when I got in here! Maybe that's why I'm having this weird feeling!

I looked around. Yes, they're still giving me a look.

A look of disgust.

This can't be happening! I hate people talking about me! I totally hate the attention.

"Yeah, pictures. You want to see it?" he said taking his phone from his pocket

I stood still staring at nowhere.

He reached his phone out in front of me but I didn't take it. I don't want to see them no more. I can't take a look at it again. If I see it, it would only make me feel humiliated of myself.

Instead I just asked him blankly, "Who sent them to you?"

He took a long pause

He just stared at me with a pity in his eyes before he said the name

"Lanie"

By the name, it reminded me. I think I knew why she did all of these. She was hurt with what Shane have said.

"I'm dating her, so stop bothering me" said Shane while holding while onto my wrist

She thought it was true. She thought Shane and I were dating. She was hurt now she's up to me. She's up to make my life miserable.

"What a "

I heard some girl said as she passed by me

I looked down to the ground feeling small and ungreatful of myself. This isn't happening. This isn't what I wanted.

All I wanted is to have a normal high school life but now every girl or should I say everyone, probably thinks of me as a total lame . Thank you Shane, your diehard fangirls are probably currently killing me inside their minds.

"Hey, are you okay?" Eric worriedly asked walking towards me

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said looking up trying to pull off one my best fake smile.

"I know you're not." he sighed, "Damn it. I'm so sorry Andie. I didn't mean to---"

"Don't pity me Eric. I said I'm fine"

He sighed again, "I understand. Just know that I'm here to listen when you want to talk about it. I somehow feel great my guess isn't right" he smiled

I didn't get the last part but I just nodded and turned my back to him with no other word and just proceeded to our class.

I can feel his steps behind me. Somehow I felt relieved. I'm glad that Eric doesn't have to force me to say anything because I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. Knowing that he's just there waiting until I'm ready to talk about it makes me feel better already.

Wait.

I don't feel his steps behind me anymore.

I turned around.

Where is Eric? I see nothing but the people passing by. Where did he go?

I shook my head. I thought he was right behind me all these time. Since when did he left?

I just returned to my direction but as soon as I entered our class, the only person I was hoping for the moment is unfortunately  not in here. Yet, I hope so.

How can be Lianne be absent today. She should have been here at this time. I really need her presence now.

Everyone in this room especially the girls are gawking at me like I'm some prey for them to hunt. I cannot take this any longer. I wish I can be invisible. I wish I could run but I have no choice.

I took the seat in front, away from Shane because in the meantime, away from Shane means away from predators, if that's the way to put it.

Both of my left and right are empty seats. This is awkward. Doesn't anyone wants to be near me now?

Like, really? I'm not some kind of virus to be avoided of.

It's been always like this in this school. If you're a nobody, getting caught hanging out with the popular guys, even if you just got partnered with them for a project; Bam! You're a bimbo.

But in my case, I've always been the smart and determined sweetheart that doesn't give a even to the most popular guy in the campus and that would be Shane.

I've loved that image for so long now. Thank you for Lianne who made me that way. But now, in the eyes of many students here, I just turned into one of those flirty tramps in town which I really bloody am not.

Can't believe this is actually happening now. I've never thought this day would ever come.

I feel so alone right now. Lianne where are you!

I checked my phone for any calls or messages from Lue. I just felt worst when I get a message from unknown person, which I think I already knew who it was.

It's the pictures.

It still had the image of me being carried by the ravishing topless Shane near his bare chest which made me blush, but there's another one when we were inside Shane's car and another photo of Shane and I shopping at the mall.

No wonder Eric have thought that Shane and I have a thing going on. Maybe that's what everybody thinks.

But how did Lanie get all these stuff? She looks like a pro stalker. Why would she spend so much time for these things! She's totally pissing me out now!

I mumbled profanities and looked up from my phone.

Eric entered the room smiling at me looking nerd as always and was about to take the seat from my right when someone shoved him away from me.

Eric stumbled a bit looking surprised as I was.

"What the---" I was about to protest as I frowned glancing up when it all instantly swept away when I saw who it was.

Shane pulled the chair out the table and took the seat beside me. I blinked several times in his sudden actions. What is he trying to do now? If he's planning to make a show, I can say it's working. Everybody's freaking staring!

Yay life!

I saw Eric glared at Shane's direction but he just managed to fix his uniform and pushed his glasses with his index finger. Nice controlling for Eric I should say.

A smirk crawling up to Shane's face again, I rolled my eyes on him and just turned my gaze away.

Mr. Smeath entered the class and started the discussion.

The class felt really long and I didn't bother to listen to Mr. Smeath's lesson. My body might be present in this room but my mind is flying through my wildest thoughts about what just happened this morning and what might happen next. Will I survive until tomorrow? Will people forget about those scandal? I have no idea!

The next subject periods past but I kept my glued on my seat until lunch break. I just texted Gray and Jaik I couldn't make it to lunch with them today.

They would probably find that one alarming for being my oh-so-protective brothers but I don't think I still need elaborate the thing to them. I bet the wildfire news got reached them already.

I got my head resting on my arms crossed on the table. Eyes closed, I waited for the room to be filled with silence. Means no more people around, no more humiliation.

The silence was ear shattering.

All clear, I guess.

I opened my eyes with my head still resting on my arms. My sight got blurry then as soon as I realized, my eyes are watering.

I immediately looked up at the ceiling to prevent the water from running down my face. From all these years, I learned how to keep myself from crying. It's been ages since I let this water crawl down my cheeks. I don't know why they suddenly came out of my lids but good thing I still managed to control them.

"Do you always cry like that?" a voice filled the room

 

CONTINUE READING THIS CHAPTER? CLICK HERE!