Chapter 8- Day 1

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

Shane's POV

After a while, I heard some footsteps getting nearer. Then I lifted my head and there she is.

The most awaited in town, miss gum-hair. I glared at her.

You are so so dead.

"What's with that face?..." she started, "...simple 'goodmorning' would be a better start, you know"

"I haven't eat my breakfast yet and you'd expect me to say that" I replied with furrowed brows

"Is that my problem?"

"Absolutely not. You're just too early, that's why" I said with sarcasm dripping on my words.

"Uh-erhm", Mr. Lee cleared his mouth cutting us both and continued ,"I suppose this wouldn't be good to start your morning. Miss Andie, young master's a morning person. He told me that you'd be cooking and not to make his breakfast today."

I glanced at her as formed into 'o'.

I tilted my eyes away and sighed. Why did Mr. Lee even say that? Is it necessary? In my defense, being morning person isn't even bad.

"Young master, I suppose I should give her the house rules first so---"

Speaking of rules, this girl's still clueless. Great! I've got an idea. I cut Liam out,"Uh, no need. Just get me some breakfast. I'll discuss it with her." I beamed

Liam gave me a bit confused look.

I immediately stood from my chair and marched towards Rams. I grabbed her arms and dragged her into the living room. Her eyes wander around the house as her jaw's drops.

She's pretty funny.

"Hey, slow down. It hurts!" she cried and shrugged her arms off of my grip.

I let go of her

"Sit there", I said as I gestured her to the sofa

"I'm not a dog. I'll sit if I want to" she muttered and crossed her arms below her chest.

"Well, do you want to sit?" I asked sounding a bit pissed.

"Yeah, thanks for asking" she turned her back and sat just like what I told her too.

She's always been like this. Acting like a child. "Tch", I shooked my head and proceeded to a cabinet.

I grabbed a paper and pen then went back to her. She's sitting comfortably that she didn't even noticed me coming. I smirked and shoved the paper to her face.

"What the!" she muttered

I handed her the pen,"What's this?" she asked in frustration

"Uh, a paper and a pen. Ever heard of it?" I answered with sarcasm. She just rolled her eyes looked back at me

"Yeah..." she replied sounding annoyed and continued,"...I mean, what are these for, you idiot"

I chukled. Yeah, I don't like this girl but she's pretty funny. It would be fun to piss her off. Besides, it'll just ruin my day if I get annoyed with her. I won't let that happen.

"Both are for taking notes" I said

"And what exactly are those notes?"

"See, Rams, you're here to pay for your debts and also to get away from those cops. So, just consider what will you write as my help for you to get you're business here done", I explained

"Just get to the point" she annoyingly said

"Yeah, chill" I started wandering around a bit. "So for you to accomplish those sixty days, we need to get along and---"

She cuts me off, "Yeah like that's ever going to happen"

"Hey! Keep quiet" I warned then she rolled her eyes away

I continued, "So, as I was saying, we need to get along for sixty days. And for us to get along, we need to have to rules around here"

She looked back at me with anticipation with furrowed brows as she heard 'rules'.

"Take down notes..." I ordered,"...Rule number one, you should agree in any rule that'll be on the list" I said, blankly

"Seriously. Is that even a rule?" she asked

"Well, yeah. I need to be sure with you, you know. Do you agree or not?"

She sigh,"Fine, next" she wrote it down. This will going to be fun.

"Great. Rule two. I should get what I want" I declared

"What! Are you serious? That's not even possi---" I cut her out,"That's your problem. Besides, refer to rule number one" I reminded her.

She has noting to do but to write those down. Yes! Now I can move her on my own palm. That look on her face is priceless!

"The last and most important rule..." I leaned closer to her and whispered from her back,"...don't fall in love with me"

She turned to face me and hit my shoulders. Like what I have noticed before, she really is forcefull for a girl. Or is she even a girl? She's like a man trapped in a girl's body.

"Excuse me. You actually think that I would fall for you? That doesn't even needed to be on the list. I would never ever even like you", she said while waving a finger to my face

"Good. Just making things clear and sure. You never know." I replied

Tch. Let's see Rams, let's just see. It's definitely impossible for her not to fall for the irresistable me. I mean, look at me.

"Before I can even forget, sign it." I ordered and she did as I told her to.

~~~~~

Andie's POV

What a jerk! Does he actually think that I would fall inlove with him?

Excuse me. Over my dead body, that heck's impossible. Not gonna happen. I don't even like him!

I signed the paper, rolled my eyes and shoved the it to his face just like what he did.

"Hey! I'm the boss here." he almost yelled

"Then?" I replied

He sighed looking bit annoyed,"Don't get on my nerves" he warned

Yeah, sure. Let's see

"Sure!" I said sarcastically

Then somebody entered the room. "Young master, here's your breakfast"

It was Mr. Lee

He brought him bacon, an oat meal and at the corner of the tray are two glasses of orange juice and two cupcakes.

Oh, that cupcake looks delicious! I love cupcakes!

It has a chocolate frosting decorated with white sprinkles and finally finished with a cherry on top.

Mmmm, that, I can never resist. Wow, it's really tempting.

My eyes are focused on the cupcakes and mentally eating them as my tongue involuntarily came out and traced my around my lips.

"You're not going to eat me, are you?" someone cuts me out of my thoughts. Shane. I just looked at him calmly, still anticipating for the cupcakes.

I might be really acting like a child now but, who cares? I love cupcakes!

I saw Shane looked at Mr. Lee and he's like communicating with him with his eyes saying like, 'Really, Liam? Really?'

Well, Mr. Lee just smiled and gave a nod. "Young master, enjoy you're breakfast", said Mr. Lee. Shane just nodded and looked away.

"Is there anything you need, sir?" asked Mr. Lee

"I tell you if there's any. You can leave." Shane replied arrogantly.

What the! Why is he like that? I don't think 'respect' could be found in Shane's vocabulary. Or does he even have a vocabulary.

"Yes, sir" Mr. Lee said, calmly then he turned to my direction and gestured me to the tray, specifically to the cupcake. Yahoo!

He smiled at me and I did the same but wider. He turned his back and left. That's the time I glared at Shane as he eats.

"What?" he asked while chewing his food.

"Do you even know what repectis? Trust me. You need one of those" I said to him

"What do you mean?"

"How long has Mr. Liam been serving you?" I asked back

"A-as long as I can remember." he answered.

"See? He prepared your breakfast, actually served you for almost more than half of your existence and you just treat him like that?" I huffed

"So? I pay him" he replied

"Do you? Or your dad does?" he just looked away

I continued,"You need to have respect, mister. At least to the people who's there for you."

"Who do you think you are?" he asked

"Who do you think you are?" I gave stress on the 'you'

"I'm your boss you're just a servant..." his blue eyes became more serious,"...don't act like you know anything"

That hits nee's right. Other than knowing him being haughty, I still don't know anything else about him. But I've never been talked like the way he talked to me just now. He really doesn't know what respect is.

This conversation is leading to nowhere.

"F-fine. I'm sorry" I muttered. At least I apologized to him. Tch. Even he didn't deserved that one, I still did.

His face became relaxed. "Sit here", he said as he tap the space beside him.

Sounded like an order.

"What?" I said, bit confused

"I said sit here beside me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Rule number two" he reminded me

I just realized, just now. Is it me or I actually made a lot of deals with this jerk recently? See? Now I'm trapped. Yay life

I rolled my eyes and just sat beside him by a distance. Do I have a choice?

"Closer" he tapped the space again. I sigh and do as I was told.

Am I turning into a robot? This is so unlike me! Why does it have to be like this? I can---

He cut me out of my thoughts as he handed me the cupcake. My brows raised and I looked at him with a confused look.

"Just take it. Liam made it for you" he said

A grin slowly cracked out on my face like a child and took the cupcake. He chukled as he shook his head.

This is not the usual Shane that I encounter in school. This one in front of me swings mood like a girl. Is this normal to him?

"Are you really just weird or that's what cupcakes do to you?" he asked

"Uhh... I guess, blame is on the cupcake" I defended

He chukled again. As much as I hate to admit it but Shane is... He's actually handsome when he smiles.

But of course, I still don't like him.

As I eat the cupcake, I felt that he's staring at me. I looked up and saw his face looking amused but suddenly looked away.

"If that's what cupcakes do to you, I think you might want to have this one too" he said as he handed the other cupcake to me while wearing a wide grin.

He looked at me and our eyes suddenly locked up. His grin slowly vanished into a half smile.

I cut the starings and gently reached out for the cake with a shy smile. Well, not really shy, I guess. I just did that to avoid his eyes.

"Thanks" I said

He just gave me those boyish nods and looked away.

While I was eating, he started,"So you'd be dealing with me everyday, huh"

Did he just say 'everyday'?

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. Maybe I didn't heard it right.

"Do I always have to repeat things to you all the time? I said, you'll-be-with-me-everyday" he said with a louder voice

"Everyday?" I asked, still clearing things out

"See?" he chuckled

I gave him a look

He crossed his arms and leaned his back on the chair. He looked at me wearing a smirk with his eyes playing with my thoughts.

"Why? Don't like it? I guess you don't want to finish those sixty days earlier and just wanted to be with me longer"

"Yeah, keep dreaming. What do you mean everyday?" I asked

"Of course the days that you're not with me wouldn't be counted" he cleared

"What? Can't I just serve you like, cleaning the house, washing your car, brushing toilet, doing laundries?" I asked with furrowed brows

He straighten his body.

"Well, you can do that sometimes but, see, uh... I was... I was thinking that you'd be doing my breakfast, p-prepare my schedule, assist me with stuffs. Like that" he stuttered

My eyes narrowed

"Wait, like a nanny?" is he turning me into a nanny!

"N-nanny? No! Not nanny" he exclaimed. "Uh, a personal maid. Yeah, personal maid" he defended

I can't help but to chuckle. He acts like a little boy.

"Hey, what's so funny?" he asked

Still supressing my laugh,"Personal maid? You just made it sound better but it's indeed, nanny"

Ok now I can't help it anymore. I guffaw while holding my stomach.

But of course, this is Shane Wilhem I am talking to and he'll be defending in 4-3-2-

"Hey, it's different..." there it goes "...look, nanny is for kids..." blah blah blah I got it. I'm a nanny now.

I just turned my back from him and walked not minding a word he says, just nodding my head pissing him off. Seems like my plan is working.

"Hey, don't turn backs on me." I keep my steps until I heard footseps getting nearer from behind.

Shane. I shook my head teasingly with the thought when he hold my shoulders with both of his hands and faced me to him.

I lost my giggles as my eyes met his. We're both stunned for a moment when,"Hey, lovebirds"

Someone called from afar.

I shrugged Shane's hands off my shoulders and faced the direction where the voice is coming from.

Matthew.