Chapter 25- Getting Crazy

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

WARNING NOT EDITED...
FULL CHAPTER AHEAD!

••••••••••Shane's POV••••••••••

What is this.

This cannot really be happening, right?

Andie Rams; the witty and feistiest girl I've ever met- is now lying lifelessly in front of me.

How can such thing happen to her...

Another thing that caught my attention and made my blood boil was the guy that carried her by his arms. He stares at her face with adoration as if we weren't in a life and death situation!

"Hey!", he turned to me, "Yeah, you! Snap out of it and give her to me!" I spat at him

He shoot me a glare but just shook it away. I don't have time for this bull with him. All I care about now is to get Andie away from him and take her to the nearest hospital. I'd just get back to him later.

I was holding my arms out to Andie but then my head snapped to the other side when I saw Matt already taking her in his arms. What is he---

"No, I'm taking her", Matt said, "Shane, get your car quick" he said in a rush

I let out a heavy sigh and just nodded anyway. I rushed out of the school and took my car with me. As soon as I got there, I immediately drove towards Matt and... Jade?

She has been there all these time? And I haven't even acknowledge her presence? Unbelievable...

Think I was too distracted from our current situation. I feel like there's no time for anything else now!

I unlocked the door and they get inside quick. Jade took the front seat beside me and Matt stayed at the back with Andie. I managed to mutter a simple hi to Jade and she returned it with a small but sweet smile.

Damn, I never realized how much I've missed that. I smirked back at her, turned back to the road and drove as fast as I could.

As I was driving, I can't help but to check up on Andie. I was too worried and distracted that I didn't notice I've already been gazing at them from the rear view mirror. Matt's wrapping his arms around Andie as she rested her head on his chest.

I steel glances from time to time and every look I take, I automatically cringe with the sight.

One glance is where I saw Matt studying Andie's face. Another glance, he was fixing her hair that was blocking her closed eyes. With that, I fought to take another shot

but... damn

I failed.

I look again and tried to take one last glimpse of them.

There is when my eyes met Matt's that are also staring down at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him and just looked away trying hard to just focus on the road.

I should be glad to see Matt like this. This is what I wanted in the first place but...

I guess he's being too obvious about his feelings. He should at least back himself off of her a bit since he knows that she's my girlfriend.

He knows that she's freaking mine so why is he acting like this? He should be the one driving now while I should be the one right there beside her.

I sigh

But who am I to blame him? I know he likes Andie. I should even be proud of myself to see my plan working faster than I thought. I guess this wouldn't really take that long now.

Besides, the girl that I have been waiting for is now right beside me and that is something to be happy about.

Finally I took a glance from Jade while she was busy tapping on her phone. "Get your head back on the road, Shane. You wouldn't want to be the one on the hospital bed." she said her eyes still glued on the screen.

I immediately looked away, "I'm sorry. I was just---"

"You keep on looking at the couple", she cuts me

My brows furrowed. She saw that I was looking at them? I shrugged the thought off and stirred the car in front of the enormous building of Andrew Medical Hospital, it's a longtime business of Matt's family. It's the nearest one I know too. "We're here", I told them and unlocked the doors.

Matt got down and I immediately ran up to them and reached my arms out to Andie. "I'll take her now", I said looking straight at Matt's eyes. He didn't took so long to clench his teeth and sigh.

I hold my gaze to him and he handed her to me.

I then rushed into the hospital calling out for help as nurses immediately ran up to us. They put her in a stretched trolly bed and push it wherever they are going. I followed them nervously as I found myself holding onto Andie's hand. It was so freaking cold that made me even nervous.

I tighten my grip to her hand but then the nurses stopped me at my place. "Sorry sir, you're not allowed to go inside" said the nurse

"What?"

"You just wait here sir and we promise, we'll handle everything" said another one

I let out a heavy sigh and nodded. I ran my fingers through my hair as soon as they left. I turned around and there was Matt and Jade panting.

"She'll be fine", said Jade facing Matt. Matt just gave her a small smile and turn back to the ground.

What was that about? I'm the boyfriend here. Well, I mean 'fake boyfriend'. But I should at least get the credit.

I moved some distance from the two of them and sat down the bench leaning forward and propped my elbows against my knees. I glanced up at them but they seemed to be so engrossed with their conversation so I just stayed silent and drifted my attention to some random things in the hospital like the small crack on the wall, the annoying smell of mixed scents of medical stuff, and my beautiful reflection from the mirror in front of me. It's weird to see such stuff in this kind of spot. I need to ask Matt to get rid of this. It's just not too necessary.

I turned my head side to side searching for Matt but he is nowhere to be found. But instead, I see Jade taking the space beside looking stunning as always.

She gave me a playful knowing look and chuckled, "I'm sorry, okay" she said grinning at me

My brows raised, "What are you talking about?"

"I just thought uhm- I thought it was Matt and the girl"

I just replied an amused chuckle. I knew that.

"So, how did you find out?" I asked

"Matt just told me" I nodded smilingly but she continued, "Look, I didn't mean to see it that way. It's just, back in the car Matt was..."

"I know" I cut her. She doesnt need to remind me. I saw it.

She looked back down at the ground so I continued, "But I'm the boyfriend, you should get that one right" I said jokingly

She laughed at my statement and rolled her big gray eyes, "Hey I already admit that one, okay? But you can't blame me either. Who would have thought you could actually get a girlfriend?"

"You might have been in France you haven't change a thing, you know that? You're still harsh..."

She didn't made her comeback and just accepted my accusation. We both know it either way. We just laughed our lungs out as the atmosphere slowly gets bit serious. We took a long pause before I break the silence, "Where's Matt?", I asked

"Uhm he said he'll just grab some food"

I just nodded. Another long silence filled the air.

Honestly speaking, we weren't really like this before. Maybe I just needed more time to gain my confidence with her presence. She really makes me nervous. Just like before.

"So...", she started,"How did you guys get together?"

I was caught by her question I didn't thought was coming.

How did we get together?

Since when did we get together?

Where did we get together?

With those simple but crazy questions, I realized... We aren't really even together. She never agreed to be my girlfriend nor be my fake girlfriend. At least yet.

But maybe Matt was right too. Maybe she's just like Jade. Maybe she doesn't really like me. Heck she doesn't even like me.

I might be her boyfriend in everyone else's eyes but not hers.

This all might be just one of my crazy playful games but maybe she's another thing in this world I don't even have a chance to get.

Then it reminds me of what Gray said this morning...

"Andie talked to us last night and... she actually thought of giving you a chance"

I. Have. A. Chance.

I almost missed that. By just thinking of it, I feel... I don't know, happy? Relieved? No one have ever given me a chance. No, not even Jade. But... Andie. She's like my soul enemy. We always fight but... she's actually giving me a chance.

Yeah, she doesn't like me. But she doesn't hate me either. And I have a damn chance... and that's a great thing

I'm not her boyfriend though, not yet.

Now I get the courage to say it to Jade. I cleared my throat and smiled as I recall, "It was in the cafeteria. I kind of announced that she was mine" I smirked

Jade chuckled in amusement, "You did what? In front of everybody? Wow, Shane that was... so like yet so unlike you"

I scoffed, "And what was that suppose to mean?" I sarcastically asked

She crossed her arms in front of her, "It was so like you because that just really your image. You actually do whatever you want to do. But... you actually doing such a cheesy thing like that for a girl, you must've really liked her" she beamed

I could have done it for you too, Jade. I would really. If you didn't just leave me too early.

I was about to protest but just hold myself back. All plans will be ruined if I say that to her.

"What's her name again?" she asked sitting up

"Her name is-uhh..." I paused "Andie"

She snapped her head at me as if I said something deadly, "Andie, you mean the girl from your neighborhood?"

"Unfortunately" I chuckled

"But---"

"How?" I cut her before she could even finish, "I don't know either, Jade. It just happened" I said looking away.

She obviously find this amusing as she started laughing at me again. I was about to protest and defend myself but then a doctor walked up to us and interrupted, "Are you with Miss Andrea Rams?", she asked

I nodded enthusiastically and stood from the bench. I heard Jade did the same too. She handed me a ziplock that's got Andie's stuff like, ID, watch, a pen and a necklace, "Thank you. How was she?", I asked

"Oh, she's fine! Her pulse and breathing got normal. She's in a good condition now. Though she still need some rest but she probably could wake up tonight." she beamed

I cringed, "Tonight?"

"Fortunately, yes" she said still wearing that big annoying smile of hers.

"Fortunately?", I repeated as my patience decreases, "She wouldn't wake up until tonight. Fortunate? ack!---" Jade nudged me at the stomach.

"Yes, it's indeed fortunate, sir. With the level of alcohol she have taken, we're lucky her heart still managed to beat normally. Even if she'd wake up after a day or a week, it'll still be fortunate, sir", she said with a stiff face. Probably pissed off.

"Alcohol? I'm sorry, what does alcohol have to do with this?" I tried to ask as polite as I could. Bad iimpression from Jade is the last thing I needed now.

"Miss Rams had a record in this hospital early this year and that we found out she has some serious allergy case regarding alcohol."

"She's drunk?" and I thought she was miss goody goody. Now, I guess not that really goody goody. Minors can't drink alcohol, especially in our school.

"Well, we smelled alcohol scent from her uniform. Seems like she happened to take some." the doctor explained as she puts her hands inside her pockets

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "If she already knew she's allergic to it, why would she still dare to drink it?"

"She didn't", Jade interrupted, "Three girls took advantage of her and forced her to drink the alcohol. It isn't her fault"

"Three girls?" I asked turning to Jade. She just shrugged her shoulders and we both turned back to the doctor who just cleared .

"I suppose to excuse myself now. We have moved Miss Rams to room 102 on the next floor. You can now visit her there" she said ending her statement with a smile.

Jade returned the smile with a sweeter one and that made me do the same thing.

The doctor left as soon as Jade mutter thank you and we proceeded to the room she had told us to go to.

We were silent the whole ride in the elevator but the atmosphere wasn't as awkward as before.

We searched for the room and it didn't take long for us to find it not so far from where we're standing. Jade walked ahead of me and I just followed coldly with my hands in my pocket.

Jade slowly pushed down the doorknob and by just the click of the door, I felt excitement taking all over me.

We entered the room quietly and stopped at the side of the bed where Andie was still sleeping. No one dares to say any thing until I crossed my arms in front of me, "She's very pretty, Shane", Jade says calmly

Andie? Pretty?

If Jade could only see herself now. She'd know she's better than pretty.

"So, did you see what happened to her?" I asked

She sighed, "Well, yeah. But not the whole thing", she turned to me and I stayed quiet as a signal for her to continue, "I just saw some students acting weird so I thought there's something behind the commotion. I didn't care at first but then I saw this girl getting bullied by three upperclassmen. Two of them are holding her fron both sides and the other one is shoving something into . Some small silver bottle, I don't know. But I suppose that's the alcohol"

I--- I don't know what to say. Andie got bullied. But why? Has that something to do with me? Is it because they really thought she is my girlfriend?

Oh what was I thinking... of course it has something to do with me. Now I feel so guilty. Again.

Jade seemed to notice my silence as she just said, "Shane, I'll just go out and find Matt, okay? Take care of your girlfriend" she smirked and walked out the door.

Great. Now I'm alone inside this torture room with her. Shouldn't the nurses be the one watching over her and not me? I sighed.

This is my fault anyways. This is my responsibility.

Would something like this happen if she was just with Matt? Well, I guess so. Matt's fangirls are just as wild and scarier as mine. Those girls were really mean especially for the other girls that they think aren't really that pretty as they think they are.

But wow, even Jade thinks Andie is pretty. I chuckled with the thought and was about to deny it when my eyes landed on her closed eyes.

My mind automatically got fully blanked and only focused everything on Andie.

Her big round eyes. Even if they're close, you can truly see how big they are. It totally matches her long lashes that can already thouch her uppermost cheek.

My eyes then travled her perfect nose down to her lips.

I swallowed a lump.

Her very pink luscious lips. Her lips that seemed so soft even by just looking at it. I wonder what it was like to touch it. I feel my heart racing with the sight and it's like I cannot do anything to calm myself down. What is happening to me!

I immediately looked away and then found myself panting. I grabbed the nearest chair that I could find and hoped for its support. I tried facing my back to her direction but it's no help at all.

I still want to check up on her and study every inch of her face. I fight the urge to turn around. Really, I tried. I really did...

But as we all know it, I failed. I still turn the chair around and placed it even nearer to her side of the bed where I can perfectly study her face.

This is lame, Shane. Really lame.

You hate her, right? She doesn't like you a bit either. So snap out of it already.

Argh...

What is with this girl! She's so not fair. She's lying peacefully in that freaking bed while she leaves me like a crazy dog out here.

I need to calm myself down. Matt wouldn't really be happy to see you like this, Shane. Yeah... just think about Matt. And Jade...

Keep your head in the-

I got interrupted when felt somebody opened the door and started to hear voices getting nearer. I moved my chair a little so that I can see the people coming. I fixed my shirt and contained myself.

Jade and Matt appears together with the doctor we were just talking to awhile ago. Jade gave me a sweet smile as Matt just smirked at me.

"So", the doctor started, "You kids can now go. You probably have school to attend. We'll handle everything" she said

"Dr. Truscott, really, kids?" Matt asked jokingly

"Yes, Matthew. Kids" she repeated making the three of is scoff. But she didn't mind, "And your parents wouldn't be so happy to see you here instead of school" she ended with that the same smile she always wear

"I'll stay here", Matt said casually. Tch, of course he would. "I'll wait until she woke up" Matt added and I should too...

"Me too" I said

Jade raised her right hand, "Me too"

We all snapped to her direction, "No Jade, it's your first day to school. You shouldn't miss it." Matt explained

"I want her to meet me first when she woke up" she pleaded

"She wouldn't know you exist" I teased

"She will meet you soon. Don't worry. We'll tell her you exist" Matt joshingly said as he shots her a knowing look

Jade's starting to look pissed when Dr. Truscott cleared , "They are right, my dear. They're guys. They can take care of Miss Rams. Don't worry, I too will tell her you were here"

With that Jade smile in relief, "Thank you Dr. Truscott but I don't think I can leave either. I don't have a car. So I guess I'll have to stay here too."

Matt scoffed, "Enough excuses, Greeny" Jade shots him glare but he didn't seem to care, "You need to go. Don't worry about your ride. Shane will give you a lift, right Shane?" Matt turns to me

Though Jade's face looks like she's pleading to stay, she couldn't miss her first day... so, "Yeah, I'll take you to school" I said

Jade let out a heavy sigh and groggily stomped out of the door. I shook my head smilingly and followed her out side.

Jade goes with the silent treatment on me again like she always do when she's pissed. That continued even in the whole ride.

We finally stopped in school parking lot and when she was about to get out, she suddenly mumble some profanities.

I gave her a look, "Everything okay?"

I glares at me, "No" she said turning away again

"Mind to tell me why?" I asked as if I ws talking to a child

"I. Will. Be. On. Detention." she said filling every word with stress

Oh, yeah she's right. I sighed, "So, I guess you'll have to wait until the first break. Sorry Jade" I said teasingly

She snaps into my direction. Smirk all over her face, "You should get that one right. We are waiting 'till break, Shane. You brought me into this situation, you'll be in this situation." she said crossing her arms in front of her.

She turned her back on me and leaned on the window. I heard her yawn that made me yawn either. I leaned my head on my side of the window too and shut my eyes closed.

It'll still take an hour before the break...

••••••••••

BEEEEEP!

The horn startled me awake as I bolted my head up and find my head hurting. My sight's still blurry as it adjusts into the environment around me.

All came back to me in instant as I realized where I suppose to be. I immediately glanced up at my watch and it's... 12:55 already! It's almost one o'clock! We overslept!

I turned to my right to wake Jade up but when I did, she's already gone. Where is that girl!

Did she...

Dang it! She did this on purpose! I should not have fall for that one! She is so dead.

I brushed my palms against my face and I sighed. I was about to get the car started when I saw a yellow sticky note on my stirring wheel saying, 'Boo-yah!'

With that I clenched my teeth and grunted. I knew it, Jade. I knew it! I crumpled the paper and threw it outside the window. She didn't even bother to wake me up!

I immediately started the ignition and drove away.

As I drive, there's one one thing in my mind. Matt has been alone with Andie for the past four freaking hours.

What if she's awake already!

••••••••••••••••••••••

[A/N]

What do you guys think!

VOMMENT NOW!!! ^_^

What team are you? Shandie or Mandie? ahihi...

ANNOUNCEMENT!

*WE RANKED UP TO #51 ChickLit in Wattpad!!!

*We're gaining fans!

* This story got featured in Asianfanfics... (I heard)

*WATCH OUT FOR THE UPCOMING STORY! (probably this April) YAY!

That is all...

You can also follow me guys on the following :

Instagram- thejuniorroyal

Twitter- @TheJuniorRoyal or @Andy_IGOT7

Picsart- @TheJuniorRoyal

And let us start running the fanpage in facebook... The Junior Royal.

Thank you everyone for your support. LUVYAH!!!

And also for everyone who made me book covers, fanarts of shane and andie, I love you all so much. You guys are the best! I will post your works in Wattpad for every chapter...

You can submit your works to me anytime ^_^

BTW, mind voting for this story on Wattpad? It means a lot to me! Here it is:
http://www.wattpad.com/story/14426089-60-days-with-mr-haughty