Chapter 5- Why He Hated Me

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

*Andie's POV*

As long as I want to be on my feet, my eyes just got heavier and got involuntarily closed. I'm getting really dizzy already when I felt someone touched my back.

There I finally passed out.

~~~

My eyes are still heavy. As far as I know, I'm not really hurt and actually, almost perfectly fine but I guess not. I can feel my head hurts. Badly.

I'm now mentally awake but I just can't open my eyes. But okay, I'll try. Open... open... open...

My eyes slowly open as light started to get in. I gently tried to tilt my head wondering what happened and where I am.

With less than a ten seconds of having a look of the place, I sigh. I am obviously at a hospital. I closed my eyes agin to have some recall of what happened lately.

My eyes instantly re-opened as everything in that incident flashed back in an instant. I got nervous again and my heart starts to beat five times faster than the usual.

Lots of questions in my mind started to pop-up. What happened to Shane? Is he alright? What will happen to me if dad and the boys knew this? Will I be arrested? What are the consequences of this mistake? What if the police knew that I'm a minor? Will I stay in jail? FOREVER?!!

Those questions just keep on getting into my mind. What if I got into jail? My life will be ruined!

'Wait! You wouldn't be on jail, you're a minor'

Yeah, I guess. But who knows!

Shane is to blame for all of these! That guy came is the one who came up with this idea.

'But you also agreed to it and made a deal. Not to mention you were the one who lost control and bumped into his car'

My conscience is killing me! Yes I have my fault also and I should have never made that deal with him.

As I thought of those things, it made me want to hammer my head with my own fist. I hate myself! I don't know what to do now.

This is not me! I've always come up with an idea for everything. I just need to rest a bit and get out of this freaking hospital and face what I should face.

Right. I would not let my dad get involved in any problem for this. He hated me already, no need to make it worse. My brothers shouldn't be dragged also. Of course I'd tell them but I wouldn't want them to suffer for this. I would take the consequences and and face this problem properly.

Out of my thoughts, someone opened the door. It was a nurse. What am I not surprised? Of course there would be a nurse here, this is a hospital.

"Oh! You're finally awake ma'am. You've been slept for almost an hour."

My eyes widened with the nurse's statement. It's almost an hour and none of my brothers are here to check out on me? Wow. Just wow.

I'm amazed by the thought of that and felt weird at the same time. My brother's shows more over-protectiveness than my dad. I also get the idea why. My dad is not protective as my brothers because dad hated me as long as I can remember.

The main reason for that hatred is because I was born. On the day that I was born, I'm positively sure that dad is not happy with it. Because when I came into this world, he lost his one and only love, mom.

Everyday of my life, he is cold to me. Much better if I get scolded by him, but no. I suffered his hatred since the day I was born. He doesn't even talk to me one on one unless for some important things. But other than that, I don't see he wanted to acknowledge my presence. Rude, I know.

I think of him as my dad but it's not the same with him as if he doesn't even have a daughter and it really pains me. Dad made me weak. Really weak.

People enjoys their birthdays with parties but I spend that day crying my heart out in my room. Everytime I face my dad, it is written all over his face and I feel guilt and his eyes give me a hint of message that he wished that I shouldn't have even been born.

Even in bidding goodbye before going to school, he never smiled at me. Well, maybe I was never meant to be born. Maybe for him, I'm just a burden in his life. Well, somehow, that pain eased after all these years.

Now, I'm just thankful that I have two brothers that serves as my father. At least they have showed me that I still have a family.

And speaking of which those two are obviously opposite to my father, Gray and Jaik has serious issue in protecting me.

They protect me from the bullies, cared when I was sick, make me laugh everytime I cry, and they were the ones who confront my suitors, and before you ask, yes. Yes I do have suitors. Maybe you're wondering why I never have a boyfriend if I have suitors.

Two reasons. One, it's because Gray and Jaik scares them to hell away and two, I have no plans on having one. I want to have my own life. Having boyfriend means being manipulated by love. It'll just ruin everything, sometimes even friendship. And for these years, I think there isn't really love. I don't even get that from my own father. It's just in movies and books.

I sigh and faced the nurse.

"Almost an hour already? Nurse? May I ask what time is it?"

The nurse pointed at the wall clock where my bed is facing. "It's 5:36 pm" She said with a pretty smile.

I smiled back and continued to ask, "Well, since what time did I get here?"

She paused for a moment recalling probably my arival, "I suppose it is around 4:45, ma'am"

"Oh, I see. Thank you!" I replied with a weak smile

She nodded and opend the door. Before she even leave the room, she faced back at me and say "By the way, ma'am. The guy you were with when you came here, he's still asleep an---"

Oh, it's Shane! I sit-up with the thought and cut her statement "Is he okay? He's still alive, isn't he? Where is he?"

She chuckled with my sudden inquiries which made my brows furrowed. I'm just curious of what happened to Shane. But nothing more than that. I still hate him more than anyone. But this nurse just keep on chukling. What's so funny?

"He's fine ma'am. He is right next to this room. Your boyfriend is just taking a rest ma'am, no need to worry" she stated with a grin

I got shocked with the 'boyfriend' part but somehow a bit relieved knowing he's ok. Don' get the wrong idea. But I still need to correct this nurse. She's about to leave but I called her loud enough for her to hear.

"Nurse?.." she poked her head back and I continued with a serious tone, "He's not my boyfriend"

She chuckled again and I thought she would just leave but she went back inside.

"Really? You two were hugging each other when we rescued you." I can see she is smiling ear to ear. The nurse looks like at her late 30's but she giggles more than I do.

My eyes almost popped-out with her statement and I felt my cheeks heated up. Am I blushing? Tch, this is nothing. That boy is a jerk.

"Hugging? Each other? You've got to be kidding" I stated with amusement

"Yes you were, ma'am..." she tries to suppress her laugh which made her giggle more, then she continued "... I'm sorry ma'am but I have to go now"

I just nodded but I called her again "Uhmm nurse? Please don't call me ma'am..." I smiled and continued,"... just call me Andie"

She smiled back,"Sure ma'am, oh, I mean, Andie. By the way, you two looks sweet and good together" she made her last statement and finally left the room.

Me? Shane? Sweet?

Kill me now!

It gives me shivers through out my body. That was disgusting. Yuck.

That will never going to happen. Ever.

Still stitting, I leaned my back on the bed's head board and let out a deep sigh. I can't believe this is happening to me. Accidents? This is so not me.

It's my luck that tomorrow's Saturday. I have enough time to rest and clear things out.

I never knew that that deal would get me into this situation. Why did I made that deal with him by the way?

'If you win, I'll stop bothering you. You loose, nothing will change.'

His words suddenly came into my mind. Yes, that's it. I wanted him to stop bothering me that is why I areed to make a deal. That stupid freaking deal.

'Why do I want him to stop bothering me?', I asked myself, paused then answered, 'Because I hate him!'

'Why did you hate him?'

With that question, I let out a sigh, closed my eyes and it all made a flashback when I we were just kids

'It was my 8th birthday. Of course, as usual, there were no parties, no balloons, or even simple food made meant for my birthday.

It was just a freaking normal day. But still, Gray and Jaik are there to play with me and to at least remind me it was my birthday.

That day, I did't expect something from my dad. Because at a very young age, I already got the point that I was nothing special for my own father. But hey! Something happened unexpectedly.

The three of us were playing when a voice from the back made me frozed.

"Andie!", it was my dad.

I ran up to him and when I'm finally at his front, he held my hand and took me inside of the house. He sat on the sofa and I remained standing in front of him with my head down looking at the floor.

Dad put out something from his pocket. There I saw an long elegantly beautiful red box with some embossed floral design on it held by both of dad's hands.

He sighed and lifted my chin. I looked a bit nervous. I don't want to be scolded by him if I did something wrong.

"That is what your mom bought for you before you were born." he stated

I just looked at him with a questioning look. Why is he showing me this box now?

"It's your birthday" he just handed me the box and simply left. I looked at his back as he walks out of the room and I put my attention back to the box. I sat at the chair where he was just sitting and opened the box.

Wow! It was not just a necklace. It's a silver heart locket with a diamond heart on the middle of it. I opened the locket and saw that there was a picture of mom but none on the other face of the locket.

As I saw my mom's face there, I let out a deep sigh and kissed the locket as if it was really mom. What a very nice gift for my birthday. This the first time my dad gave me something for my birthday. I should take care of this.

I happily came out of the house and saw Gray and Jaik giving me a weird look. I'm really happy that dad at least remebered my birthday I mean, how could he even forget.

"Wow, little miss princess is smiling. I hope you'd smile like this even not on your birthdays", said Gray with a smile

"Yeah, I hope so too Andie. By the way, I heard that the new kid finally moved to Mr. Pettingson's house. And he's staying alone. And I also heard that he's rich!", Jaik exclaimed as he pointed Mr. Pettingson's house right next to us.

"You're hearing a lot, Jaik, huh", I stated then we all laughed

"Want to meet him?", Jaik suggested

"Nah, maybe later. I need to make a wish on the well for my birthday. Or more like thank the well for making my wish last year come true!" I said happily.

"But be careful Andie, ok?" Gray warned

"I'll be fine. It's just a moment" then there I ran to the famous well in our neighborhood. Well at least amongst children.

Ther was I smiling like idiot while looking at the necklace.

"Thank you very much well! My wish did really came true. My father mentioned my birthday and even gave me a gift! Thank you very much!", I said while looking at the necklace but then suddenly...

"Hey! What are you doing there, kid!", said by some boy with a push on my back making me startled and lean, accidentally throwing the necklace into the well.

As I tried to catch up and reach for the necklace, I lost my balance and fell aswell into the well. But suddenly, the person who pushed me caught my legs.

I was screaming really loud and felt really nervous. I'm sliding bit by bit from the arms of the kid who was holding me.

"Help me!!! Aaahhh!!! Please!!! Save me!!!" I kept on screaming out for help.

"Stop moving! You're sliding down!" said the kid.

I'm running out of air for screaming too much and the nervousness just increased as I slid further! Now the kid was just holding my feet!

I cried louder! "Gray!!! Jaik!!! Help me!!!"

Just when I yelled their names, I felt two pairs of hands pulling me out of the well. When most of my legs where out, another pair of hands held me out.

There they finally saved me. I was gasping for air and my heart is racing fast!

"Who are you! And what were you thinking!" I yelled at the boy who causes me to fell.

"I should ask you that! What were you doing!" he yelled back

"Hey! You're the one who pushed me!" I exclaimed

"You pushed her?!" Gray shouted in anger.

The three of them yelled at each other. There is when I started to cry. They just kept on arguing and I can barely understand them but I just cried harder and it's because of only one reason.

The necklace fell.

I don't know how will I say this to dad. Will he listen to my explanation? What if he scold me or worse, what if he ignores me completely!

They were still arguing but I left already. And without them even noticing, I was completely gone.

I have to look for dad and explain this immediately.

When I got home, there is dad preparing a meal. I just stood ten feet away from him then he noticed me. Usually, in times like this, where dad is cooking and everything, I was the one to start a conversation but in my shock, "Andie. Why are you just standing there? You may take a seat" dad just talked and offered me to sit and allow me to watch him cook!

But I have to say this before things just get worse. "Dad?..." I called

"Hmm?" he continued without looking at me but still, he asked. This is not usual. I used to do all the talks. I'm afraid that all of this would turn out like before.

"Dad, the necklace fell on the well"

I nervously said

He suddenly stopped stirring what he is cooking and faced me. I can't do anything but to look down.

"Get into your room." he stated

"Dad, it's because of someo---" he cuts me

"Go to your room! Now!"

I just ran into my room before he even saw me cry. It was my birthday but I still ended up crying.

My dad and I were just starting to build up each other but just because of thar kid, the key for that to happen was all gone.

With just the thought of that, I gained hatred to that boy, whoever he is.

I lost the chance of having a real father. Only because of... that kid.'

After remembering that day, my eyes opened when someone suddenly entered the door.

I looked at the people entering. I'm not surprised with them. I've prepared myself for this consequence.

The cops.